• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte Graphics Card RMA Procedure?

Associate
Space invader RTX is hardware repairable it seems.

Got my 2070 back today, invoice stated repaired, serial no. matches up but a DP cover has been melted onto the DP port, its on rock solid, the DP port on the bottom has no signal either.

G11ru7c.png

Shoddy shoddy work, but don't know if it was GB that repaired it or a third party.

Wow, looks likey have have swapped the GPU chip on a BGA rework station and forgot to remove the DP cover.

Associate
@GIGA-Man - does the warranty policy you mentioned in 2018 still apply in the UK? "We don't advertise our warranty as transferable, but technically it is.
If you can provide our RMA center the original proof of purchase the card is under warranty for 3 years starting that date. If you don't have the proof of purchase, then the serial number dictates the date."

Thanks!

Associate
@GIGA-Man - does the warranty policy you mentioned in 2018 still apply in the UK? "We don't advertise our warranty as transferable, but technically it is.
If you can provide our RMA centre the original proof of purchase the card is under warranty for 3 years starting that date. If you don't have the proof of purchase, then the serial number dictates the date."

Thanks!

I've just had a similar question on boards as it happens. Provide me with the serial number and I'll check the card is still in warranty, if the card cannot be easily fixed and needs to be preplaced we cannot do so without proof of purchase. If you can get this from the original seller we can in some cases except that. Mail the serial number to [email protected]

Let me start with the official GIGABYTE warranty line, then I’ll explain why we and almost all other manufacturers have a similar policy.

GIGABYTE product warranties “technically” are none transferable from customer to customer. If you buy second had parts the warranty if any is with the seller of those goods.

This is for several reasons but the main one is we cannot guaranty the quality of the product you are buying from a second-hand source.

As an example the PC component could have been previously damaged by someone returned to us for repair and the warranty has been declared void by GIGABYTE. This happens if the damage is due to inappropriate use or user damage.

The part could have been overclocked incorrectly and damaged which now makes that part unstable, again this could be then seen as user damage and GIGABYET void the warranty.

The goods could also have been stolen, if for example a shipment of GIGABYTE goods is stolen or goes missing during shipping. The serial numbers for all those items will be recorded and voided.

There are many more reasons for this but I hope it give you an understanding on why we and many other companies require proof of purchase.

Permabanned
Just in passing the repair guys don't always return you the same covers as you sent them and sometimes they have been lying around for ages, been stood on, melted etc. It's possible that the repair person just popped in a crappy one for you. Doesn't mean anything bad happened to your card.

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I have a faulty GTX1080 purchased just over two years ago. It has a duff fan, that makes an awful noise.

I have contacted Gigabyte UK RMA who have been really quick in replying; however have got to a point where they are requiring one of the following three things:

A) Post the item to them at my expense and pay a £15 'processing fee' to RMA the item (they say it is to cover return postage)
B) Pay for postage to and from Gigabyte UK to RMA the item
C) Drop off and collect from their UK RMA office

I am not looking to grumble; however is this typical RMA procedure? The best I have experienced previously is collection and return paid for by the manufacturer. With the second best being pay for postage one way. Maybe I am too spoiled by other graphics card manufacturers in the past (EVGA & MSI)

Also in passing, when the card is out of warranty it is effectively dead if one of the fans fails. You can. however, often buy new genuine Gigabyte fans from ebay. Not all of them are proper gigabyte, some are just "compatible", and they aren't, they will cause more harm than good, but if you can find a genuine one then they are easy to swap out on a 1080. I know, I repaired on myself for the huge sum of £4. Just had to wait for two weeks while the fan showed up.

Back
Top Bottom