What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Playing Mass Effect for the first time, having fun so far. :)

It peaked with 2 for me, absolutely loved the series outside of the third and Andromeda.

Half tempted to start another play-through!

I'm currently playing Streets of Rage 4 and I'm going to start Jedi: Fallen Order this weekend I think.

Soldato
Never played Sekiro?

Combat is really good in Nioh though.

No, not yet! I have been waiting for it to dip into the mid-teen-pounds range, but it seems to be quite sticky in terms of price even in sales. I may just have to fork out more than I usually do once I've burned out on Nioh, since I am feeling I'll want more fluid Souls-like combat after this. Maybe a change of pace with a tactical RPG first, we'll see. Sekiro is definitely on the list, though!

From the little I've seen the fluidity of combat in Sekiro looks beautiful! Maybe not as much variety as in Nioh, but some of the trailers make it look really balletic.

For now, I am liking the varied feel of different weapons and stances in Nioh a lot. Kusarigama is my bread-and-butter, but I switch to single katana often when I want more mobility and speed, or tonfas if I want to break enemy ki. Each one feels really different and each has cool skills (though there are so many bound to each stance I have trouble remembering them all).

Soldato
I do like Bloodborne, but I think it's just a tad overrated. I'd take Sekiro 2 first I think.

Elden Ring is exciting either way

TBH, I liked Bloodborne more than DS, from the atmosphere and lore to the combat. Between it and Sekiro I don't think I could choose, though Sekiro's combat was a breath of fresh air.

Associate
Picked up Control: The Foundation DLC yesterday afternoon and finished it last night.

Not as good as the base game, mainly due to the setting.

I'll give it a 6/10.

I think I might give Halo 2 a blast. Played the first one back in the day on the original XBox and can't remember much about it tbh.

Associate
I think I might give Halo 2 a blast. Played the first one back in the day on the original XBox and can't remember much about it tbh.

Perhaps it's because I have no nostalgia for the game, but two hours in and I'm bored to tears. It's not for me. I do appreciatre it has a huge following, I'm just not one of them. Horses for courses I suppose!

Soldato
Perhaps it's because I have no nostalgia for the game, but two hours in and I'm bored to tears. It's not for me. I do appreciatre it has a huge following, I'm just not one of them. Horses for courses I suppose!

You've got to remember this was big on the Xbox, which was pretty bereft of first person shooters at the time compared to PCs. I think console owners remember it as something a bit special, whereas PC owners remember it as a shooter that Microsoft didn't want to share with PC gamers, so we played stuff like Crysis, Quake, UT, etc

Soldato
Lockdown has finally got me gaming again, starting through my Steam backlog by completing Assassins Creed: Black Flag, annoyingly lost my save which was a good chunk of the way done, but it's a great game to replay the beginning through again.

Soldato
Picked up Control: The Foundation DLC yesterday afternoon and finished it last night.

Not as good as the base game, mainly due to the setting.

I'll give it a 6/10.

I bought and refunded it, simply cause it requires the game to be finish to start it and I lost my save files.

Soldato
Just started Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Really good and makes you feel like a Jedi, albeit a slightly rubbish one. My 1070 is chugging a bit trying to run it (started at 4K expecting low FPS but even at 1440p it’s only 50 - 60 FPS).

Only dislike is it’s ‘on Steam’ but Origin still launches in the background anyway so it’s not really any different from adding a non-Steam game to your library or just using Origin in the first place. There was a bit of fanfare about EA games coming back to Steam but I don’t see it as 100% honest.

Back
Top Bottom