Weighted Blankets

Soldato
My friends partner who has anxiety has one and she really likes it and finds it helps her sleep better. She's quite petite so I can't remember which weight she had but it took me by surprise with how heavy it was. Never heard about them until I tried to move a blanket from the sofa which turned out to be way heavier than I anticipated.

Soldato
I remember having a double blanket on a single bed when I was younger...the blanket draped over the sides of the bed and would kinda get stuck, used to give me dreams about being trapped/not able to move/walk etc

I know that's not quite the same but dunno how having a weighted blanket helps...altho they must since they're a thing!

Associate
My partner has one although she doesn't use it much, apparently it helps but can be a bit hot on a warm night.

Bloody heavy as well, not sure I'd sleep under it.

Soldato
I have been looking at these myself The cheaper ones seem to have issues mainly with the glass beading pooling into corners due to poor/lack of any stitching to maintain the even placement. This seems ( from many reviews ) to cause them to to fall off beds a lot.

Another thing being a lot of people seem to refuse to use them after one or two nights of use. Similar to new shoes and things alike your body needs a break in period so make sure to give it a good week or two before dismissing it.

I just replaced my mattress last week so i will give it a month or two before i go and splurge on another expensive item that may not be necessary. If you get one let me know what you think of it.

Caporegime
Lol I was just bombarded by advertising for this over the past week. I guess my Google homes have been picking up on my discussions on Skype and at home.

Discussions of mostly how ridiculous it is.

Associate
My wife and I both have one (each you aren't supposed to share).

When she first got it she had some back pain which is apparently common. She has anxiety and was struggling to get to sleep and this seems to have helped with that.

I'm not sure if mine has done anything for me to be honest.

It can also get a bit hot in the night.

Soldato
Got one for my boy, he's hyperactive, it seems to have helped him settle at nights. I tried it one night and loved it, bought myself and the missus one each. Really like it. Unfortunately with the hot weather it's too much, but in general I'd say it's no hotter than a normal thinnish duvet. The weight gives the impression of it being hotter.

Caporegime
You’re very judgemental aren’t you?

My wife and I have separate duvets. Since we got them, it’s made sleeping in the same bed a lot easier. Quite frankly, I like my space.

Lol. You're very tetchy aren't you? Should try snuggling the mrs at night. Might make you less cranky!

So...what judgement did I pass exactly?

Soldato
Lol. You're very tetchy aren't you? Should try snuggling the mrs at night. Might make you less cranky!

So...what judgement did I pass exactly?

Is this for people who never got out of the blanky stage of childhood?

Insulting autistic people who use these blankets to calm themselves down.

So is eating rotten fish.

Judging people for having a culture.

Overly negative.

Caporegime
Insulting autistic people who use these blankets to calm themselves down.

Judging people for having a culture.

Overly negative.

Where'd I mention autism? You brought that in. I asked a question. Some people never develop out of certain childhood stages. I know 40 year olds who suck their thumbs for example.

How is mentioning the fact scandinavians eat rotten fish judging them for having a culture? Lol. If anything it perhaps casts doubt on their culture being a great one to emulate all aspects of! Seriously...go hug your wife you sad, strange little man.

Back
Top Bottom