Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Soldato
It sounds like her death was grim if they have evidence that she's dead. The parents will probably be well within their rights to ask for further details, but I'm not sure I would want them.

I can only assume that in the absence of a body, and with the suspects previous behaviour considered, that there are photos or videos which they are potentially struggling to tie directly to the suspect. Given they've labelled it "concrete evidence" that she is dead, but not enough to charge him.

Soldato
To think of all the accusations (including myself), all the activity, TV, books, other media, a whole mini economy created around accusing the parents and now this this.

This is a good lesson on believing conspiracy theories.

Soldato
Of course there is, when you have fathered as many children as Boris Johnson must have done, it would be easy to forget where you have left one of them.
I'm sure he didn't actually mean to abandon his child, he is just absent-minded ;)
Actually it was David Cameron who did it. In your attempt to make a clumsy political point your Google fu or your memory has let you down.

I will help you out here. "There have been so many conservative prime ministers, i must have become confused. .."

Capodecina
Soldato
Actually it was David Cameron who did it. In your attempt to make a clumsy political point your Google fu or your memory has let you down.

I will help you out here. "There have been so many conservative prime ministers, i must have become confused. .."
You are quite right, it was Cameron who abandoned one of his children in a Pub, not Johnson who seems to have abandoned children and their mothers all over the place.

I agree though that there have been too many Tory PMs, often with a casual attitude to children.

Caporegime
To think of all the accusations (including myself), all the activity, TV, books, other media, a whole mini economy created around accusing the parents and now this this.

Yes, the lesson is: don't believe conspiracy theories.

It's kind of odd that the guy hadn't been focused on until now.

Not really. Cold cases can take a long time to solve, and some leads don't emerge until decades later. Vincent O’Dempsey was finally caught 40 years after the murders he committed.

Caporegime

they left children in a place they no doubt wouldn't have left 10grand.

Caporegime
German officials have confirmed that Madeleine is dead.

(Source).

According to the McCann's the reports about them being sent something in writing is fake news:
http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

As for the quote you posted:

“We, of course, really consider the fact that it is going to be very hard for the family when we tell them we assume Madeline is dead."

Assuming she is dead is very different to confirming she is dead, unless they have solid evidence or a confession there's really no reason for the McCann's to give up hope, if they were going to throw in the towel based on assumption they would have already done it by now because finding her alive now is an extreme long shot.

Soldato
The guy is saying he didn't kill her.

I was looking through his record with the cops and he was already jailed for underage illegal images possession. So I assume they grabbed his phone and computers at that point in 2016.

I'm wondering what they actually have on him being the killer. Publically it seems to all rest on him telling someone online that he knew all about what happened to her.

There is no doubt this guy is an unsavory character. But it will be interesting to see the evidence that ties him to the crime.

Associate
The guy is saying he didn't kill her.

I was looking through his record with the cops and he was already jailed for underage illegal images possession. So I assume they grabbed his phone and computers at that point in 2016.

I'm wondering what they actually have on him being the killer. Publically it seems to all rest on him telling someone online that he knew all about what happened to her.

There is no doubt this guy is an unsavory character. But it will be interesting to see the evidence that ties him to the crime.

You'd imagine they need more than he admitted to a stranger he did it. It's also a few years since he confessed.

Looking at it, there's this:
  • Revelation comes as reports say Brueckner's mobile home had girls' swimwear in when it was seized by police
  • German convicted paedophile Brueckner reportedly drove the motor home between Portugal and German
The prosecutor also confirmed there is 'no forensic evidence' the child is dead, but there is 'concrete evidence' she has not survived her 13-year disappearance.

'Based on our investigation, 99.9 per cent of us believe she is dead,' he told the Der Westen newspaper.

'There is no forensic evidence. But there is concrete evidence that Maddie is dead. Our investigation has no doubts about this.

'Of course it would be easier for us if we could share our findings instead of always having to say, 'We have something, but can't say what it is.''

Caporegime
Or perhaps her DNA in the motorhome.

I (probably wrongly) took the no forensic evidence bit to mean none at all, but I guess with the way they've worded it then they may have some but it doesn't prove that she died.

If they do have DNA evidence of her being in his motor home then surely that's something that can be shared though?

Back
Top Bottom