** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
From his video and others I have seen, looks promising, only the curve has me concerned. Is there any particular game type that the curve would not work well with?, I have seen tons of FPS game play along with driving games which always work well with curves, but what about, other types, for example MOBA/RPG/ARPG/games with text and graphs to be displayed on screen?

Soldato
Just waiting on U.K. stock to land and Samsung to sort me them. :)
Great stuff, I'll be signing up for that one!

From his video and others I have seen, looks promising, only the curve has me concerned. Is there any particular game type that the curve would not work well with?, I have seen tons of FPS game play along with driving games which always work well with curves, but what about, other types, for example MOBA/RPG/ARPG/games with text and graphs to be displayed on screen?

I think the curve would only be a problem if you have the screen either too near or too far from you. If it's in the sweet spot, I'm guessing (yeah, just a guess), that it will be fine.

Associate
From what I know about curves, as I have a curved Samsung tv, closer is fine, it’s when you are too far it’s a problem, especially with an aggressive curve. So I think using this as you would a flat 27 inch screen, just might be ideal, and very immersive.

Soldato
From what I know about curves, as I have a curved Samsung tv, closer is fine, it’s when you are too far it’s a problem, especially with an aggressive curve. So I think using this as you would a flat 27 inch screen, just might be ideal, and very immersive.
Yeah, I'm very hopeful that this could be "the one" for me, at least until the next gen of panel techs become mainstream and affordable.

Associate
Yeah, I'm very hopeful that this could be "the one" for me, at least until the next gen of panel techs become mainstream and affordable.

For me too, I hope to have 2 screens eventually. This being the first replacing a Samsung 27 inch 120hz flat screen TN monitor that's about 8-9 years old now, never had a fault, one of the very first high refresh rate monitors to market and its been great!

But I wanna step up from 1080p, and an increase in size wont hurt, especially with the curve. The next screen, later this year or next year, I want a large screen/tv, perhaps oled.

Associate
Heh, I'm coming from similar - a Sammy 120Hz TN at 1080P (although only 24"). It served me well, but it's well past its prime!

Yeah, funny thing is, in the last decade the 2 biggest game changers for me have been moving to an SSD and moving to 120hz, and I did both at the same time when I built a new rig just when Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out, oh that was glorious. Had 2 x very hot and hungry gtx 470 running in SLI :D :D :D, first and last time using SLI, to be fair it worked perfectly and the FPS was insane!, but OMG the heat....

Associate
Has anybody else received their Samsung G7 32 inch monitor and if so what do you think of it. I have one on order from here but do not know when it will be sent out. Used to have a Asus 34inch super widescreen but had to give up on it as it gave me a sore neck but am very happy with a 32inch wuich I am using at the moment.

Associate
Had it a few days now, fantastic screen for everything done on it, FPS games, strategy games, general browsing odd bit of Netflix etc

Would I buy again, 100%

Associate
Starting to regret ordering the 27" based on all these comments.

Im on a 23" HP pavillian atm so figured the jump would be more than enough. 32"just feels like it would be too big.

Associate
Very cool comparison here of the 1800R vs 1000R curve in the G9, lots of Korean videos appearing now waiting on Linus to unbox his!

I console game mostly so g9 is overkill but I really want it for my office, its a stunning piece if kit. Would it be crazy ignoring costs to get it for looks & productivity reasons solely?

I hear it still doesn't have a built in KVM, no charging via UsbC, power brick internal, like the LG/Dell 49 has?

Update: UK Site says kvm or at least two sources? Game, watch, chat—all at the same time. With PBP, view input from two sources simultaneously at their native resolution. Use PIP to resize the second source to up to 25% of the screen. Place windows anywhere using Samsung's screen-splitting Easy Setting Box SW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom