** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
The scanlines seem to be worse on some monitors. If you change the refresh rate to the highest you will very likely see that there's horizontal lines across the screen, most visible at the edges. They're not super obvious but they are there for pretty much everyone I think but some panels are worse than others. I reduce my refresh for coding etc then if I'm playing games will bump it up to max refresh.

I upgraded to the latest firmware a few days ago, I haven't seen any real changes or fixes but I've also not really looked too hard.

Yeah I literally can't see anything like that even on max refresh, and I am a fusspot over panels on various devices.
I do have the revised model though. Mine is model LC49G93TSSRXXU which supposedly uses half the power consumption, although I saw someone say it uses the same and they measure it differently so I don't know.
I don't have the brightness cranked, so not sure if that's why I see no issues. Anyway, I should stop trying to find them!

Soldato
Yeah I literally can't see anything like that even on max refresh, and I am a fusspot over panels on various devices.
I do have the revised model though. Mine is model LC49G93TSSRXXU which supposedly uses half the power consumption, although I saw someone say it uses the same and they measure it differently so I don't know.
I don't have the brightness cranked, so not sure if that's why I see no issues. Anyway, I should stop trying to find them!
ah, that's good to know. I have an older one. The one that has SUXXEN in the name (that's the only bit I remember) :D Mine is pretty decent but I can notice the scanlines if I look for them at the edges but it's not obvious at all really. Great monitors though, I love mine for development. Gaming is a mixed bag due to the demands it puts on the GPU. I run a 3080 and it struggles at native. Also, a lot of games don't seem to let me have black edges on the left and right sides so it's more like a normal monitor, that would help some with twitch gaming.

Permabanned
Just ordered the G9 OLED which is coming tomorrow, excited to see how big the thing is in person.

I was originally on an ultrawide IPS. I moved over to OLED 4K. I have missed the immersion of ultrawide but couldn’t give up the image quality of OLED so I’ve decided to give one of these a go.

Soldato
I have a question about the G9 (5120x1440, really).
When looking at performance reviews everything is for 1080/1440/2160 cos thats 95% of the market. How am i supposed to interpret these results to get a meaningful understanding of what performance i'd see? Should i be considering myself a 4K user, as its about 85% of the way there (in pixel count), or do i need to go somewhere in between QHD & 4K and draw my own conclusion?
5120x1440 = 7,327,800
3840*2160 = 8,294,400

In pure pixel terms, 10-15% less than 4k. But there are other factors like the very wide aspect means the view frustum is huge so you have more of the world visible....so in performance terms, a bit more expensive most likely.

Back
Top Bottom