The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Man of Honour
Yeah i know, necro and all.

Had two fun games in this today after playing it again, did Commander mode twice for the first time too and that was rather enjoyable.

I should play commander mode a bit more - it appeals to my interests and I usually beat the other command hah so much they quit for some reason :( and isn't affected by any "netcode" BS.

I played this on someone else's setup a couple of months back and it was like having a cheat - like everyone else was 2 seconds behind me always was really weird - I only get that when servers are pretty much empty - completely given up on playing it though I really enjoy the game otherwise due to how it is almost always like I'm 2 second behind everyone playing on my account regardless - unfortunately forgot to try logging in my account to test that idea as to whether it is somehow an account thing on their setup.

Fortunately The Division scratches most of my itches for customisable load outs and teamplay, etc. in PVE though I do miss PVP and vehicles but PVP in TD is LOL worthy.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Division is indeed a good game, not doubt about that, but in terms of MP FPS, Battlefield 4 in my opinion is the best game on the market.

It would be great if i could team up with people who still play Battlefield 4, as it's a lot more enjoyable that way.

Man of Honour
The Division is indeed a good game, not doubt about that, but in terms of MP FPS, Battlefield 4 in my opinion is the best game on the market.

It would be great if i could team up with people who still play Battlefield 4, as it's a lot more enjoyable that way.

I'd love to see them re-release it with the underlying "netcode" and animation, etc. mechanics completely rewritten from scratch along with some of the other issues like problems with certain surfaces the engine doesn't handle very well, etc. oh and actual proper lifts that go up and down rather than teleporting you LOL.

When it is all working properly there is no other game like it but so many glitches and other issues with the engine that have been patched over but its just "band aids" to mask the problems - I still was constantly getting stuff like this happening up until I quit playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xx8cwDWhU8

Soldato
If you're using battlelog, then install better battlelog plugin as it shows the true player count of the servers, as BF4 has a problem whereby some servers over embellish the population.

Man of Honour
I made the mistake of getting back into this game again and now remember why I hadn't played for 3 years :(

Still don't understand the issue I'm having with the game and Frostbite engine games in general - I've moved house a couple of times since I first started playing so on very different internet connections, completely different internal LAN setup, etc. etc. I'm on like my 5th PC setup since I first started playing as well yet same issue :(

Last night for about 10 minutes it was working perfectly - no noticeable damage delay, firefights working out as intended where I lost due to lack of skill on my part rather than things just not working as they should, etc. - basically outcomes as I'd expect from playing a dozen other FPS games online - and was getting multiple 15 kill streaks and went to around 70-15 or something - then it went back to stupid damage delay and outcomes not in my favour and the game basically acting like I was 0.5-1 second behind everyone else and struggling to win toe to toe against someone with a low RPM weapon, etc. even when on my screen I had a 2-3 second advantage and finished at 120-43:

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/1282842948630593152/917377806/

It is just so weird how now and again it works fine for a few minutes for no apparent rhyme or reason other than maybe a lack of other people in 3 digit ping times but almost no one else seems to be affected like I am (though it isn't a completely uncommon story - so there are a small number of other people who get similar).

EDIT: A lot of players are running around with shotguns these days on lockers and definitely a few cheats on - not necessarily high scoring players but definitely a few using ESP - so getting that kind of score running and gunning with a carbine is not easy :s

Soldato
Maybe it’s because you’re so 733t and some anti cheat starts taking screenshots/video of you.

you mentioned 3 digit pings, didn’t dice LA introduce some sort of compensation for high ping in bf4

Man of Honour
120-43? I wouldn't be complaining.

It is a long way short of what I could do though - similar level of effort in games like MW2, etc. when I play seriously would have been around 4:1 KDR (depending a bit on the level of competition) and it isn't like I'm coming up short due to not understanding BF mechanics, etc. it is super frustrating when you can't even take someone low down the scoreboard on toe to toe with an advantage and win and it isn't because of skill difference. (I have to avoid going head to head as much as possible as even if I'm rocking an AEK at close range against a mostly static target with say a G36C or something I will still often lose - and it isn't due to me not understanding spread and so on as I will get odd games or a few minutes at a time when it works fine).

Maybe it’s because you’re so 733t and some anti cheat starts taking screenshots/video of you.

you mentioned 3 digit pings, didn’t dice LA introduce some sort of compensation for high ping in bf4

Hah you jest but I guess it isn't impossible Fairfight or something is doing something weird and causing some kind of issue though seems unlikely - my play style is very different to typical - I'm a very +forward player and live and die on how well (or not) I've read the game ahead.

Dice LA significantly improved the netcode and many things work a lot better but it hasn't fixed these issues for me - it was happening before and after the changes they made.

Associate
Forgot all about battlelog, tried playing it a few weeks back for the first time in years but I gave up after spending ages joining servers that were supposedly populated, to be empty.

I will give BBL a go.

Soldato
It is a long way short of what I could do though - similar level of effort in games like MW2, etc. when I play seriously would have been around 4:1 KDR (depending a bit on the level of competition) and it isn't like I'm coming up short due to not understanding BF mechanics, etc. it is super frustrating when you can't even take someone low down the scoreboard on toe to toe with an advantage and win and it isn't because of skill difference. (I have to avoid going head to head as much as possible as even if I'm rocking an AEK at close range against a mostly static target with say a G36C or something I will still often lose - and it isn't due to me not understanding spread and so on as I will get odd games or a few minutes at a time when it works fine).

Hah you jest but I guess it isn't impossible Fairfight or something is doing something weird and causing some kind of issue though seems unlikely - my play style is very different to typical - I'm a very +forward player and live and die on how well (or not) I've read the game ahead.

Dice LA significantly improved the netcode and many things work a lot better but it hasn't fixed these issues for me - it was happening before and after the changes they made.

I did only say 1/2 in jest. Those are some v impressive scores especially if you’re playing infantry

Man of Honour
LOL now I'm getting port 3659 errors on trying to connect to any server :( nothing has changed on my end and I've got multiple connections I can use (with different internal LAN/router setups).

EDIT: So found 1 of my connections worked but not the other 3 for some reason then today it is working on all of them. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is there - probably just another EA/Dice doing a half arsed job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom