The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Associate
Is BF1 active lol? all the servers are full, you have to queue to get a game. EA laid on extras server in the summer for BF4 & 1 because so many people were playing on the back of the 2042 hype

Soldato
FInding
BC2 - pretty much dead
BF3 - not that popular hard to find good servers
Bf4 fairly pop, good 50 servers that generallty always full
BF1 - very popular (easy to find games
BF V - some what popular (less than BF1) but very easy to find games

Soldato
Had several hours on BF4 last night, first time I've played both this game and any kind of FPS in a very very long time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of busy servers. For a game almost 9 years old it still looks stunning too. I don't think this one will ever die.

I did like BF1 too, could never get into BF V at all, just didn't click with it.

V F

V F

Soldato
Had several hours on BF4 last night, first time I've played both this game and any kind of FPS in a very very long time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of busy servers. For a game almost 9 years old it still looks stunning too. I don't think this one will ever die.

I did like BF1 too, could never get into BF V at all, just didn't click with it.

Think I may install it. I haven't touched Battlefield since 2013/14.

Man of Honour
I still play it on and off - BF4 was close to being the perfect BF game if they'd just put a bit more effort into certain areas and been a bit more inventive with the range of game modes and how the maps flowed gameplay wise.

Sadly I get too frustrated with "netcode" issues and other bugs and stop playing it each time after a couple of weeks or so.

Associate
I still play it on and off - BF4 was close to being the perfect BF game if they'd just put a bit more effort into certain areas and been a bit more inventive with the range of game modes and how the maps flowed gameplay wise.

Sadly I get too frustrated with "netcode" issues and other bugs and stop playing it each time after a couple of weeks or so.

random rock bringing you to a sudden halt for no reason

I never played 4 until this year skipped it and tbh mehh it was ok but thats it pretty much the same feelings I had in the beta when I decided to skip it

played 2142/bc2/bf3 to death

Man of Honour
random rock bringing you to a sudden halt for no reason

I never played 4 until this year skipped it and tbh mehh it was ok but thats it pretty much the same feelings I had in the beta when I decided to skip it

played 2142/bc2/bf3 to death

Problem with DICE when it comes to issues like that they seem to like to identify, isolate and special case around the most common causes of an issue rather than fix the underlying cause of the issue... hence it reoccurs again with each new product on the engine and/or isn't entirely fixed. As someone with actual game programming experience it makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

Man of Honour
Don't think I can be bothered to install and set it up again but be interesting to see if I have the same "netcode" problems with it on my latest PC build and on entirely different internet connections now - though I think the issues are far more complicated than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom