Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think he probably should. The first half of last season, and the last part of the season before after he knew he was going, he seemed to get his old spark back but this season he seems to have lost it completely. Time to go. Hopefully, Schwartzman can get his seat.

Spark extinquished by Alfa's continued incompetence more like.

Associate
He'll want to stay in the sport for as long as he's enjoying it. Alonso is coming back at the age of 39, Kimi is "only" 40. Not sure where he'd go though, if this season continues like this I can't see him wanting to stay at Alfa with their poor performance. He's well known as a driver who can help accelerate car development with his feedback, but which of the lower / midfield teams could afford his salary / actually need him right now? Haas are the only team I can think of.

Soldato
I'd like to see him leave F1 now, it's never pretty to watch a decent driver go backwards. It seems like Ferrari replaced the wrong guy. At the time, no doubt Vettel was faster than Kimi. This season, however, and last season, they probably could have done with a solid driver Kimi playing 2nd fiddle to Leclerc rather than Vettel causing controversy, and crashing out, or like this year just finishing nowhere.

Soldato
How on earth should Albon get penalised for that?! Mag went wide, Albon just stuck to the racing line.
Didn't Lewis just stick to the racing line when they tangled in Austria? Who got penalised that time?

Albon stuck his nose in where it didn't belong, he was too far back and as always just expects the car in front to yield. He has a lot to learn, patience and timing especially.

Associate
I think he probably should. The first half of last season, and the last part of the season before after he knew he was going, he seemed to get his old spark back but this season he seems to have lost it completely. Time to go. Hopefully, Schwartzman can get his seat.

I wonder whether Ferrari will pull Schumacher, Schwartzman and Ilott into F1 next year, put Ilott in the Hass and the others into AR. They may as well take a punt given the performance of the engine and the cars that power them. Would love to see some of the new boys fighting in the midfield, clear out some of the journeyman

Caporegime
I think Albon has poor judgement and attempts moves that get him into trouble (Austria and here) or invite trouble (Brazil, where he left the door open), but that's not the same thing as deserving a penalty.
Tbh I think some of it is coming from the added pressure from Red Bull and their desire for him to perform, he feels he has to try these moves to keep the seat and keep his career going. After seeing the hypocrisy of Red Bull in Drive to Survive S2 between how badly RB and Horner were treating Gasly all while saying in Public how he was being supported and encouraged makes me feel very badly about Horner and the whole team. Quite frankly if they actually went through with their veiled threats to leave I wouldn’t be sad about it.

Soldato
I wonder whether Ferrari will pull Schumacher, Schwartzman and Ilott into F1 next year, put Ilott in the Hass and the others into AR. They may as well take a punt given the performance of the engine and the cars that power them. Would love to see some of the new boys fighting in the midfield, clear out some of the journeyman
As much as I'd love to see the Schumacher name return to F1, I just don't think Mick has it. He's in his second season of F2 now and hasn't really sparkled in terms of results or racecraft. Sure he's won a race, but it was the reverse grid race at Hungary and he was the cork in the bottle for most of it. If it was any other track he'd most likely have been passed.

Shwartzman does appear to be the real deal though. He was 3rd in his first year of F3, 1st in his second year and is currently leading the F2 standings in his rookie year. That's the kind of form that indicates to me that he's a very special talent.

Soldato
Tbh I think some of it is coming from the added pressure from Red Bull and their desire for him to perform, he feels he has to try these moves to keep the seat and keep his career going.
I agree with this, it did cross my mind yesterday, problem is he's making himself look worse by doing so imo.

He's also claiming it was 50/50 and disagrees with the stewards decision, yet the hamilton incident was more 50/50 than this one and he agreed hamilton was at fault.

Had RB had someone waiting in the wings he'd be losing his seat some time soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
As much as I'd love to see the Schumacher name return to F1, I just don't think Mick has it. He's in his second season of F2 now and hasn't really sparkled in terms of results or racecraft. Sure he's won a race, but it was the reverse grid race at Hungary and he was the cork in the bottle for most of it. If it was any other track he'd most likely have been passed.

Yeah, he hasn't shone in F2 so far. Mind you, if you looked at how he was doing at this point in his F3 career you'd think the same but look at how he turned that second season around! Either way I think the Schumacher name will prove too enticing and someone will give him a seat whether he triumphs or not.

Shwartzman does appear to be the real deal though. He was 3rd in his first year of F3, 1st in his second year and is currently leading the F2 standings in his rookie year. That's the kind of form that indicates to me that he's a very special talent.

Absolutely, and also won the Toyota Racing Series in New Zealand. Zhou and Lundgaard are also looking really impressive, as is Illott but this is his third season in F2 so I kind of think if he was all that he'd have impressed more in the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom