Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
https://streamable.com/h4o38n

An amazing onboard with Lewis and team radio for the final few laps. So tense as he’s counting down the gap to max! A few choice words said unsurprisingly.

For all the 'my tyres are dead' memes when they actually died, he said "I think something might have happened to my left also". Haha. Amazing how calm they all were.

Pirelli have started their investigation. Darn right. All of the drivers have said the tyres felt fine and they were within Pirelli’s window. Poor. Good thing they didn’t go mid fast corner.

Last edited:
Soldato
The question is was RP's lacklustre performance here because the car only works at high downforce tracks, or because they missed Perez experience in setting the car up, or because Stroll underperformed.

Given that last year's Merc won here (at a canter), I'm going for a combination of the last two.

This year Merc were faster than last year though. Ferrari were slower.

Associate
feel bad for Bottas tho...was 2nd the entire race and then straight out of points --i think a somewhat similar situation happened in Baku a couple of years back where he went over some debris and lost the race from the leading position.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's quite funny that the exploit of going for the fastest lap point when you have nothing to lose cost Red Bull the win.
I’m glad tbh. The point for fastest lap is rubbish and should be scrapped.
Wonder how close Merc run to minimum weight limit.

Tyre has to weigh a fair amount, tyre destroyed and possibly worn wheel and undertray, must mean car is lighter now than it should be when finishing a race.

They'll probably have food left due to the safety cars?

Pretty sure there's a damage exception to the weight rules, isn't there?

They’re allowed to replace damaged parts like-for-like for the weigh bridge, I believe.

On the race... Bottas with softs not being able to get past Vettel on hards was cringe. You’d have thought he could have turned up the power unit and driven around the outside with the extra grip :confused:

Albon finding new and interesting ways to get himself the sack. I can’t see him lasting to 2021 if he stacks it again.

FatJohn doing what he does... playing dirty.

Soldato
Must be terribly demoralising for the other teams/drivers. Hamilton gets a puncture on the last lap, drives on three wheels, and still manages to get the win. He's chirpy and emotional, wears his heart on his sleeve, but once he's in the car, he's the goddamn Terminator.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Must be terribly demoralising for the other teams/drivers. Hamilton gets a puncture on the last lap, drives on three wheels, and still manages to get the win. He's chirpy and emotional, wears his heart on his sleeve, but once he's in the car, he's the goddamn Terminator.
37 consecutive points finishes as of today. The guy is on a level of consistency unheard of.

Ps, Hamilton holds the second place in the table of most consecutive points finishes with 33.

Man of Honour
https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/02/verstappens-tyre-had-50-cuts-in-it-horner/

The debris seems to have played a big role.

People like to note his complaining. Well, when things did go wrong yesterday he couldn’t have been more calm, changing settings on his steering wheel, conversing calmly with Bono. It was impressive.

He continues to destroy records and it’s embarrassing to see some of the excuses that are really scraping the barrel from the haters now. It’s a shame F1 fans can’t all respect what they are seeing.

Soldato
I get the impression Kimi's had enough and is going to retire after this year. A solid 75% of all his team radio transcript from the last couple of races have had him swearing and being frustrated. There's a video on YT of him in qualifying yelling at his engineer (which can be understood as the engineer changed his mind about pitting as Kimi was in the pitlane). I won't link it as it has lots of swearing, but 'Raikkonen furious at his engineer' will do it.

It's got to be soul destroying as a sportsman still feeling the need to compete, but having an absolute dog of a car to do it in. He'd be better off back in WRC or WEC, but I don't think endurance racing is his thing.

Soldato
https://streamable.com/h4o38n

An amazing onboard with Lewis and team radio for the final few laps. So tense as he’s counting down the gap to max! A few choice words said unsurprisingly.

For all the 'my tyres are dead' memes when they actually died, he said "I think something might have happened to my left also". Haha. Amazing how calm they all were.

Pirelli have started their investigation. Darn right. All of the drivers have said the tyres felt fine and they were within Pirelli’s window. Poor. Good thing they didn’t go mid fast corner.

The genuine relief in Bonos voice when it was over, but to be so calm through it all, thats why these guys are the best in the world.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
I’m sure Pirelli’s window was 30-34 laps on the hard, most drivers ended up on the hard after the second safety car which then meant 39 laps required on the hard tyre.

MPH:
But even so, Pirelli was advising teams that the tyre should have been capable of almost 50 laps. Bottas’ went after 37, Carlos Sainz’s after 38 (losing him fourth place) and Hamilton’s after 39.

Soldato
https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/02/verstappens-tyre-had-50-cuts-in-it-horner/

The debris seems to have played a big role.
People like to note his complaining. Well, when things did go wrong yesterday he couldn’t have been more calm, changing settings on his steering wheel, conversing calmly with Bono. It was impressive.

He continues to destroy records and it’s embarrassing to see some of the excuses that are really scraping the barrel from the haters now. It’s a shame F1 fans can’t all respect what they are seeing.
Not often I agree with you on these forums but I could not agree with you more. People are watching a driver at the very very top of his game, as Brundle says people will miss him when he’s gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom