• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
When they say 'small amount of stock arriving today', do we have any idea what sort of numbers they are talking about? I don't know if that means 5 or 100, a rough estimate would be helpful. I purchased the 3080 with PayPal credit (planning to pay it off early next year) so I'm not too happy potentially being charged interest and my credit rating taking a hit for something I have absolutely no idea when i will get it but at the same time I've got all my other components ready and badly want it all sorted for when Cyberpunk is out so i don't want to cancel and then not play the game ive been looking forward to more than any in my life until next year. First world problems ay. Im 781 in the queue apparently, an update would be nice....
Small is supposedly 10-50, very small under 10

Associate
Who else feels like another thread lockdown is going to be coming again soon?
I don't think we will make it to 500 pages this time! :D:D
It all feels like daja vu. The tempers are rising again.
The emails provided a short lived calm before the storm!

Associate
Anybody had any follow up emails about queue positions?

It said that there would be a new email after each shipment letting me know my new position

There has been 2 shipments of TUF OC 3080 since the email dated 29th and I have heard nothing I was 487th so in the best case scenario I will be 387th (shipments stated as "small" are 50 or less)
People were as low as 4 on that initial queue and still don't have their card.

Associate
Anybody had any follow up emails about queue positions?

It said that there would be a new email after each shipment letting me know my new position

There has been 2 shipments of TUF OC 3080 since the email dated 29th and I have heard nothing I was 487th so in the best case scenario I will be 387th (shipments stated as "small" are 50 or less)

Nope, nothing. A couple of updates would at least give us a better indication of how long we are going to have to wait, if i have to wait until next year I think id rather just cancel my order and wait, I don't like the practice of taking the money for something they don't have, maybe taking a deposit would be a fairer system.

Associate
I've resinged myself to getting nowehere until next year at this point, checking daily updates seems futile under the circumstances, I'm a little irritated about OC sitting on £700+ of my money for an unspecified amount of time, a deposit payment may have been more appropriate for products they don't have an can't say when they mightbe available.

Associate
On the flip side. If it were found to be true that prebuilt systems were jumping the line for gpu only customers, I imagine it would be quite detrimental to the companies image and threaten the loyalty of customers that have spent several thousand on more than one occasion.
Having never purchased a prebuilt system myself and not doing so currently I could not say if those customers are also in a list as long as the one I'm in. Only 1197 customer in front of me.
Nvidia have already stated supply issue globally so what's a retailer to do ?

How many 3080s were sold in the first 3 hours, how many thousand? And how long would it take them to clear that backlog? 3-4 months or more? So you expect a company not to build any PCs in that time until the queue is gone? A large chunk of their business, their higher margin offering? Down tools and turn off that revenue stream for months? Do you think that they would be sensible to do that? Just for our sense of right or wrong?

It is detrimental to their image yes, but that is why they have to manage this carefully, to limit the damage. They are not in an easy spot and that is why they would never even consider transparency on this. There will be a queue for prebuilds no doubt. But those ordering today may get a system before Xmas, but may get a card many months after.

The retailer has to use the supply of cards wisely. Get enough to keep their prebuild division running and profitable while trickling enough into the queue so the flow doesn't stop completely. At the same time manage information and manage expectations.

Associate
Knocked off the motorbike this afternoon, still have one working leg so I'll hop to the front door. :p
Hahhahaha, good spirits man. I got knocked of my quad few years back, I will never use a nail brush again, hospital needed to get all the stones out my wounds somehow
Stay safe brother

Associate
A source just told me a massive shipment of Eagle, Asus TUF, Strix as well as Zotac just landed over the channel to be distributed between the EU. They also told me other things but the doctors tell me to ignore the voices in my head, felt like that one piece of information however was important. Now they are telling me zen 3 will be free to everyone that buys Cyperpunk 2077. The voices don't shut up. Help.

Associate
Card arrived back with OCUK yesterday. Refund processed today.
Sucks that OCUK have deducted the £10.50 delivery charge from my refund, despite never seeing the product. But I get it.

Hopefully someone can enjoy the card I had to return :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To me there's one logical way to explain this farce of a launch.

NVIDIA got all AIB's/Distributors/Stockists to sign an iron clad N.D.A WELL before allowing them to receive Ampere. This N.D.A, whilst mostly generic GPU stuff, likely also doesn't allow specific talk about distribution quantity or talk of the N.D.A itself. The distribution/merchant chain signed not knowing Ampere launch would be rushed due to AMD/console competition and therefore about the lack of supply they would get. They are now stuck between a rock and a hard place without being able to discuss why.

The ways all companies have tried to give information without mentioning actual specific numbers is pretty indicative of this. Other clues are there, when you look at what representatives for both AIB's and Merchants have said (i wont mention specific reps names) its clear they want to help but have their hands tied. Realistically which AIB/stockist has come out of this looking good? why would they willing do this? To me obvious answer seems they wouldn't willingly wreck good reputations often built over decades.

If this is true then as merchants their current options are:

1) Stay quiet and go with the "unprecendented demand" line from NVIDIA.
2) Break N.D.A risking legal action and no Ampere being available.
3) Actively post lots of vague nonsense which will just anger people and leave them open to loads of question they can't answer.

I know which i would do, even if it was begrudgingly done.

Ofc i have no proof, I'm just reading between the lines. Dunno if other people see it the same.
Yeah, it is plausible and won't lie the thought did cross my mind.

It certainly ain't the way Nvidia are trying to paint it. They say there is no supply issue but demand, ok, so if supply is fine then relatively speaking why does so few have the card here? Why does Gibbo only keep getting a "small amount" of stock once or twice a week since launch? Yep, because there is a supply issue that is why. They simply launched too early. There certainly is more to all this than we have been told, that is for sure :)

Associate
Guys, it appears that when you go to do a new build, it lets you put a Gigabyte 3090 in it, as it says *build stock* next to it, and says in stock.

So it's clear that OC are holding back cards for custom builds!

I reckon when cards come in the warehouse, a certain amount are put to the side for the above reasons.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

Associate
Card arrived back with OCUK yesterday. Refund processed today.
Sucks that OCUK have deducted the £10.50 delivery charge from my refund, despite never seeing the product. But I get it.

Hopefully someone can enjoy the card I had to return :)
There you go lads. One card is being shipped out at least! Or maybe it's gone into a prebuilt :D

Back
Top Bottom