• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Tried installing a game via gamepass on the MS store and it listed 2 xbox consoles. I only have 1.

So I have been into my Microsoft account and removed old consoles - 3 in total. Only left the series x and registered serial for warranty info.

Anyway, went back to the store and tried installing a gamepass title and it pops up and says I dont have any compatible devices.....

Anyone else having this?

Something odd is going on with the devices. I had a series x listed on dispatch
But after setting it up, it now only shows an xbox one (which i don't have ), with the series x serial number. It also shows the warranty isnt long enough, but it seemed correct on the series x when that was there.

I havent fiddled with the devices at all so this has all been automatic.

Soldato
Couple questions for people without a HDMI 2.1 TV ect. In the xbox display settings YCC 442 is unticked by default. Is there any reason at all that i should tick that option? Secondly colour bit depth. Default is 8. Is there any reason to select 10 or 12?

Soldato
Couple questions for people without a HDMI 2.1 TV ect. In the xbox display settings YCC 442 is unticked by default. Is there any reason at all that i should tick that option? Secondly colour bit depth. Default is 8. Is there any reason to select 10 or 12?
Leave at 8. Supported TVs will switch to 10 as required.

There are currently no mass produced tvs that support 12 bit and probably won't be for the entire duration of this console generation.

Ycc442 basically lowers the subsambling. Its used if your TV is having issues with chroma and luma (hdr)

Last edited:
Soldato
Leave at 8. Supported TVs will switch to 10 as required.

There are currently no mass produced tvs that support 12 bit and probably won't be for the entire duration of this console generation.

Ycc442 basically lowers the subs sambling. Its used if your TV is having issues with chroma and luma (hdr)

For an LG C8 OLED would you recommend turning YCC422 on or off? Putting up a 4K blu ray i couldnt notice any difference with it on or off.

Soldato
For an LG C8 OLED would you recommend turning YCC422 on or off? Putting up a 4K blu ray i couldnt notice any difference with it on or off.
Leave it off. Let you tv control the switching not the xbox. The TV will change modes when it needs to (when you get that small hdr icon in the top right) its bad practice to let any device have this control.

Soldato
Impressed with Forza Horizon 4 on the Series X, I tried it on my One S a while back but just didn't feel good to control but now it's just so smooth and responsive.

Soldato
I'm so impressed - just played first hour or two.of Jedi and looks sooooo good - outstanding graphics and really smooth no tearing

I kept looking over at the (much smaller than k thought Series X box) which from couch is silent thinking is it really coming from that ?!!

Glad I didn't upgrade my PC now

Soldato
Something odd is going on with the devices. I had a series x listed on dispatch
But after setting it up, it now only shows an xbox one (which i don't have ), with the series x serial number. It also shows the warranty isnt long enough, but it seemed correct on the series x when that was there.

I havent fiddled with the devices at all so this has all been automatic.

My warranty says Ends on 26/12/2021.

Whats yours say and what length should it be?

Soldato
I’m a bit behind on this thread but my C9 automatically received a firmware update about 5 mins ago. Perhaps LG have just pushed one out specifically for VRR on the new consoles.

I updated mine earlier and at first it didn't fix the issue but about an hour or so later it started working fine with both 120hz and VRR.

Soldato
Managed to place an order for the X last night, delivery within a week...

I'll somehow manage to contain myself until then.

Question regarding previous gen games, does it automatically upscale resolution and frames without you asking it? I'm very much looking forward to playing through Sekiro again with better graphical fidelity.

Same FPS, Post process AA applied, HDR applied, and higher rendering resolution.

However given most games on older consoles never met the FPS target at least not sustained, you will effectively get higher FPS, but only up to the target set in the game. Also with better cpu loading times will be better as well.

Back
Top Bottom