• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
Putting links to cards up in the MM doesn't necessarily exclude scalpers though. Scalpers might have a sideline buying up second-hand gear really cheap on places like MM, making cheeky offers "please help me out it's my sons birthday..." and so forth to put items on ebay a week later to make 50-100 quid a time. Do not doubt that scalpers will be looking for opportunities to buy cheap and sell better on more than just new cpus/gpus/consoles, and that computers are likely their hobby just as much as yours.

Soldato
Yes, you were talking about the Asus Rog Strix 3060Ti.. please re-read my post.
The Palit 3060TI is £390 so what was your point exactly?

You're comparing a very expensive 3060TI against the bog standard 1080TI and acting like the launch prices are/were the same... For what reason? Some 1080TI's at launch were near £1000. Comparing the most expensive brand 3060TI with a bog standard 1080TI and saying "look it's the same, customers are going to say sod it" makes no sense at all

My point is that I was talking specifically about that Strix card, not the Palit card....

Associate
Just had a look at ebay and its full of people saying they have confirmed order for FE and trying to sell them for a £200 mark up. Shame there is no way to indentify these orders and have them cancelled, so people that actually need the cards can get them. I tried to get an FE at launch, clicked Buy during the window it was there, but out of stock before I even got to the order screen
Ive been seeking a GPU upgrade for years. Waited through the 10 series overpriced by miners, the 20 series which was just overpriced for what it was. 30 series finally resonable prices, but impossible to get.
Doesnt make me feel great to see people that did manage to get one talk about how they are just using it as a stop gap until their 3070/80 arrives. When you are posting about how you dont really need the 3060ti but got one anyway, take a moment to think about those who are not as rich as you and actually have been waiting for years for an affordable upgrade.

Associate
When you are posting about how you dont really need the 3060ti but got one anyway, take a moment to think about those who are not as rich as you and actually have been waiting for years for an affordable upgrade.

Yeah, those folks really have got no self-awareness. It's to be expected on this forum of course, with some members having more time and money than is healthy in my opinion.

Soldato
Putting links to cards up in the MM doesn't necessarily exclude scalpers though. Scalpers might have a sideline buying up second-hand gear really cheap on places like MM, making cheeky offers "please help me out it's my sons birthday..." and so forth to put items on ebay a week later to make 50-100 quid a time. Do not doubt that scalpers will be looking for opportunities to buy cheap and sell better on more than just new cpus/gpus/consoles, and that computers are likely their hobby just as much as yours.

And if it becomes clear theres a pattern emerging of this happening they'll earn themselve a ban not just from the MM but the entire site infact I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen at least once in the past.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
still showing awaiting picking so looks like it didnt go out yesterday. Not surprised.

Despatch date shows as 03/12 with expected delivery date 03/12-09/12 so might get it tomorrow.

Same here, there was about a 2hr delay between order email (2pm) confirming the order (4pm), confirming payment (6pm)...

So fingers crossed it's sent today!

The way I see it is OCUK is going to sell out of these cards in any scenario.
So why not look after their active forum members first that contribute.

It's not such a terrible idea.
Just create a VIP members group and VIP area, and have a strict criteria to flow to be a member of that group.
Minimum post count and member join date requirement, no one who has broke the rules etc.

Soldato
The way I see it is OCUK is going to sell out of these cards in any scenario.
So why not look after their active forum members first that contribute.

It's not such a terrible idea.
Just create a VIP members group and VIP area, and have a strict criteria to flow to be a member of that group.
Minimum post count and member join date requirement, no one who has broke the rules etc.
Good idea that
Never happen but good idea :)

Associate
Same here sick of hearing people say forum members should get priority when there are people who do not use forums that have probably spent more money than forum members from OCUK so please stop trying to make this unfair

Back
Top Bottom