HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Associate
I'm stuck at the windows mixed reality set up "connect your headset"
Its plugged in, USb 3, display port, then power.
Headset has no light. no on switch , nothing happens.
Am I missing something or HP is sending straight up broken headsets?

Associate
I'm stuck at the windows mixed reality set up "connect your headset"
Its plugged in, USb 3, display port, then power.
Headset has no light. no on switch , nothing happens.
Am I missing something or HP is sending straight up broken headsets?
Is there a light on the USB block thingy adaptor?
Is windows fully updated?
Have you activated the sensor in the headpiece? (There is a proximity sensor between the eyes. I often turn on the headset just by putting my hand there without touching the lenses)

Associate
Turns out one of the display ports didnt work. The other one did, so I'm doing the set up now.
Freaked me out for a moment.

/holy F! This is amazing. Sharp and immersive!
Wow.
I'm blown away!

Last edited:
Associate
Turns out one of the display ports didnt work. The other one did, so I'm doing the set up now.
Freaked me out for a moment.

/holy F! This is amazing. Sharp and immersive!
Wow.
I'm blown away!

Yep!... this was my first foray into VR. Its incredible. I have already spent hours in Google Earth VR, and The Lab. Both are on Steam.

I spent the first 5 minutes just looking at my controllers. lol

Associate
Yep!... this was my first foray into VR. Its incredible. I have already spent hours in Google Earth VR, and The Lab. Both are on Steam.

I spent the first 5 minutes just looking at my controllers. lol
I was desperate, I traveled up to London for a short Vr experience on samsung VR, a Sir David Attenborough 360° documentary, so I've experienced..early VR but this
Seriously no screendoor effect, its sharp, my 58 IPD is fine
I'm happy. Trying to instal vivecraft now haha.
But google Earth is my next playground!

Associate
After reading about small sweetspots, Chromatic abberrations, faulty headsets, and this whole messy launch, I was really cautious with my expectations.
But bloody hell this is amazing, so sharp, I didn't expect it to be so sharp. sometimes it doesn't align well on my head, but when i movie it to the right spot its all sharp.
Skyrim, google Earth, minecraft, the free VR experiences i tried- all run very smoothly on my GTX 1070.
All my worries are gone.
Unless it stops working after a day or two like some people's headsets.
I am a 100% satisfied!

Associate
I got an email a short while ago...

For those of you awaiting delivery of your pre-order on Thursday 10th December.

First of all, we would like to apologise for the lack of communication this last week. We have been inundated with calls and emails and have not been able to respond to many of you. All was going to plan until last Wednesday. Everything was in place for us to ship out your orders that day ( a week in advance of the promised date of the 10th December).

As many of you are aware there was a major **** up last week with HP Store selling HP Reverb G2 headsets before all the pre-orders were satisfied. We suddenly found out from HP we did not have any headsets to send out. We have just come from a meeting with HP and there are still no available headsets for us to send out . HP told us in this meeting that we will have enough to send out your orders next Monday 14th December. We will send next day delivery so they should be with you the following day, Tuesday 15th December.

We apologise once again for failing to deliver as promised. All information we have supplied has always been given in good faith. HP has informed us that they are looking into a compensation scheme for our customers. We will provide further information about this when we have it.

We fully understand if you would prefer to cancel your order and have your payment refunded. If this is your wish can you please let us know a.s.a.p. as there is going to be a very tight schedule to get these orders out on Monday.

Associate
Just got an email from SA. My G2 was delayed to 15-th. Indeed HP has sold my G2 to Just-Dave :).
No seriously, jokes aside, this is infuriating.
The company takes pre-orders in advance and then sells the devices destined for waiting customers. HP then goes ahead to offer 50 euro cash back to some of the EU customers for delays, and does nothing for UK customers who were utterly betrayed. This is absolutely crazy. No apologies from HP. How about we start a public campaign on twitter, join forces with the EU gang and give HP a lesson of good manners here?

Associate
Just got an email from SA. My G2 was delayed to 15-th. Indeed HP has sold my G2 to Just-Dave :).
The company takes pre-orders in advance and then sells the devices destined for waiting customers. HP then goes ahead to offer 50 euro cash back to some of the EU customers for delays, and does nothing for UK customers who were utterly betrayed. This is absolutely crazy. No apologies from HP. How about we start a public campaign on twitter, join forces with the EU gang and give HP a lesson of good manners here?

I'll take a cashback, but ultimately its a pre-order. If its a huge deal, one could cancel the order and vote with their feet.
Another 5 days mean nothing to me personally, so, meh.

Associate

Got the same - complete shambles. If there was someone at HP with a business brain they'd have already sorted a suitable compo offer/discount so System Active could have included that in their email. But no. Feel sorry for System Active as they're the ones on the receiving end of the calls/emails from annoyed customers for something out of their control.

I'm new to the PC world having just built my first one and am amazed at how often the major players manage to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory!

Associate
If anybody want to write to HP instead of SystemActive, perhaps this email is the right one [email protected]. I did that letting them know the whole G2 situation is utterly unacceptable. Indeed SA has nothing to do with, HP has.

Associate
Have had a think about this tonight and have requested a refund. Not happy with how HP have dealt with it all and that together with the X570 motherboard compatibility issues was enough to convince me to give it a miss.

Will have a look at other options.

PS re the Twitter campaign suggested above I really wouldn't bother. The last tweet from HP UK was in July so they don't seem that up to speed (or care?) how companies engage with their customers these days. Perhaps send them a telegram instead?!

Back
Top Bottom