Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
Once I get it all setup and tuned will give it a shot, though I wont have any gen4 nvme's so unsure if that impacts how much strain is put on the chipset

Nice, thanks!

Could you check in the BIOS also, if there is an option to select Primary GPU or something similar? I'm thinking to use 2 GPU-s (Non SLI or CF) and it would be great to know if this otion is in the menu. I know the Gigabyte MB-s have this option. I've watched a 1 year old video about the Crosshair VIII Hero (not Dark) BIOS tour, there is no such option. Gigabyte has this option.

Last edited:
Associate
OK, making progress, managed to straighten the pins and put the CPU into the slot and put the cooler back on. Started the computer up and all looking good until i got the following. The LED numbers go from C5 to 0d and a constant yellow light on the DRAM light. From what I’ve read this normally means a memory error, I’ve got 4 sticks of 16gb 3600 ram that I’m using, I’ve tried with 4 sticks, 2 sticks and 1 stick and keep getting the same error. See picture, anybody experienced the same or had any suggestions on how to resolve?

y4m1uAsijPqKP_6Nmp405phrCGifuFLY7cHlpIl2fT8ftPsnVX2UIrG-1MdO7XXGm9-cgiTkw3I6Om5uTqcv6qtBp1PPu21234uAn-uXSpoPxnRcAZ6XQwMxnlOvVcMBYDCXqdVQLF3iE1uOCZupf9B3u4Q5_mSOfrPfMS96dIv23R9hZIOY5PrsjmAo88rfK29

Associate
Have you tried all of the sticks individually to isolate if it's a bad stick and you got unlucky using that for the 1 stick previously.

It could be that the previously bent pins on the cpu relate to the memory controller and the cpu is still damaged.

Associate
https://imgur.com/a/20BK1b1

This would be a good start to identify what those pins are responsible for in the first place I guess.

Cheers, the ones that were bent were A10, A11 and A12, they don’t look like they are related to memory errors. The fact that so many other people seem to have this error seems to suggest that the cpu is ok and there’s something else going on. Have even tried running the board with some old 3000 memory that i have in my intel set up and it still won’t get past that error. I’m wondering if there is an issue with the bios that i flashed prior to putting the chip in. I think tomorrow i will try to reflash the bios and see if that makes any difference.

Associate
That is one attractive case.

It’s a great case albeit you can’t really see the set up inside so not worthwhile investing a lot of money are rob etc. Also even though there seems to be loads of room its harder to work on that a normal case. I’ve found wiring it up much harder that’s any case build I’ve done

Associate
Going to create a separate post for these errors in the motherboard forum so as to stop cluttering up this one. Thanks for everyone’s help so far.

Associate
Will get my Dark Hero on Tuesday. Will be using 4 sticks of 3600cas 16 Gskill trident Z, will post if I get the same no boot error.

Ok, have got the thing to boot up to bios, as it’s a fresh install i haven’t got windows as yet, so will get that installed soon

So having tried what i thought was all the memory combinations i had another go at removing all memory and putting it back in.

If i put memory in slot 1 (furthest away from cpu) PC boots, 16gb
If i add memory in slot 2 (next closest) PC boots. So up to 32gb
If I add memory into slots 3 and 4 closest to the cpu, then it goes back to not starting.

So, is this user error and something specific that needs to be configured in BIOS to allow all four slots to work? Or is this a possible Dark Hero board problem?

First time using AMD and presumed all 4 slots would work straight away with memory. In bios. Memory seems to be set at auto and then is set at 2800

Any further pointers appreciated.
y4mvhMhItauJeEWbKvHc-plDjMe3zp8-0SF1qDuX2XCJYaQVddf292I9A5eYvuTsJ1DQV3Z7HFHwEeOyeab3cPGjs-yg1UJJbtwLkh7Xb3omorTr6Gj6TD8FSzoM7vb6DOi20BPHBIdB9JJqlxOoku_lQlpMOYbYh8giY-a9wc3KdZSIRDbva34VRFNVfZuLBOc

Associate
Just had an unusual issue with my dark hero, may help anyone here with the same issue, I was unable to post, couldn't reach the bios, debug code was 02, a quick Google I found someone with the same problem on the OG hero, the reddit comment said the hero didn't have bios-level drivers for display port, I shutdown and connected a driver cable - was able to post and get to bios 1st time

Associate
Cheers, the ones that were bent were A10, A11 and A12, they don’t look like they are related to memory errors. The fact that so many other people seem to have this error seems to suggest that the cpu is ok and there’s something else going on. Have even tried running the board with some old 3000 memory that i have in my intel set up and it still won’t get past that error. I’m wondering if there is an issue with the bios that i flashed prior to putting the chip in. I think tomorrow i will try to reflash the bios and see if that makes any difference.
Actually A12-14, not sure what they do though. If it is the memory controller, that will explain it. Seen it before where a bad pin will lose you a channel.

Associate
Ok, have got the thing to boot up to bios, as it’s a fresh install i haven’t got windows as yet, so will get that installed soon

So having tried what i thought was all the memory combinations i had another go at removing all memory and putting it back in.

If i put memory in slot 1 (furthest away from cpu) PC boots, 16gb
If i add memory in slot 2 (next closest) PC boots. So up to 32gb
If I add memory into slots 3 and 4 closest to the cpu, then it goes back to not starting.

So, is this user error and something specific that needs to be configured in BIOS to allow all four slots to work? Or is this a possible Dark Hero board problem?

First time using AMD and presumed all 4 slots would work straight away with memory. In bios. Memory seems to be set at auto and then is set at 2800

Any further pointers appreciated.
y4mvhMhItauJeEWbKvHc-plDjMe3zp8-0SF1qDuX2XCJYaQVddf292I9A5eYvuTsJ1DQV3Z7HFHwEeOyeab3cPGjs-yg1UJJbtwLkh7Xb3omorTr6Gj6TD8FSzoM7vb6DOi20BPHBIdB9JJqlxOoku_lQlpMOYbYh8giY-a9wc3KdZSIRDbva34VRFNVfZuLBOc
I've got the Dark Hero and it looks like we have a very similar memory kit (this is what I have) albeit I have 32GB across four sticks whereas I think you have 64GB across four.
I'm still building the system but prior to starting on the liquid cooling I did boot everything up on air to check that it was working and got as far as installing Windows.
That was all done with the previous BIOS (v2601) but I can confirm that everything worked as expected without having to jump into the BIOS to configure anything at all to do with memory, i.e. all four sticks showed up and I could reliably boot into Windows etc.
Hope that helps in some way.

Edit: FTAOD I've not gone anywhere near OC/tuning my memory kit yet so my initial sanity tests were at default clocks. I.e. I've not even touched XMP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom