• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5900x Low TimeSpy Score

Associate
I was using a single stick of F4-3200C16D-32GTRS. Not a bad ram as it was part of my old build and is working fine when both stick are used. I wanted to get a good b-die to have an easier time doing some tune up with it. I have never messed with ram before so I am trying to make my experience at it somewhat easy.

Associate
My CPU score on Timespy is 12551 with my old kit, I think the problem is here for me to...

Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR CL19-19-19-39 1.35V

Last edited:
Associate
From what I have been reading about the subject on reddit and a few other platform i would check these:
-The power plan, make sure it is to performance and stays at that (some software can randomly interfere with it, I'll pick on Alienware just because I know form past experience, their software will always change your power plan to balanced so bolo and ymmv)
-make sure all 12 core /24 threads are enabled (use task manager it will be easy to check like that)
-Check you bios version
-make sure your ram is plugged into the right slots for your specific motherboard
-check your temps and see if you are not thermal throttling
-make sure you don't have heavy background software running
- for K4n4rd0: I would attempt to try the ram at 3600mhz (same timing to begin with and tight them up later). If your score improve, it is possible that the speed you are running your ram is creating a problem

Associate
No heavy background software running, 12/24 Thread ok, Ram at 3600Mhz Flck at 1800 1:1 ok, last version of bios 3003, Ram in A2 B2

Timing 16-16-16-36

Score: 12430 With PBO Less without.

Don't understand.

Last edited:
Associate
That's good enough.....I would be surprised ram size would have that much of an impact on that test (16gb vs 32gb) though Gamers' nexus mentioned something about Single vs double rank and its impact on performances with the 5000 series.
Hopefully someone else has an idea at this point because I am running out of any

Associate
My ram was not configured correctly. With DramCalculator parameters all is fine now: Timespy CPU score 15029

https://ibb.co/5TB0YKk
a>

5TB0YKk

5TB0YKk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom