Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
100hrs for me now on Xbox version. Have had issues with my PS5 (hardware not cyberpunk related)

I’m still at the “ring Panam” main story but have been doing side quests and money glitching while collecting cars lol.

Loving it

Soldato
Looking forward to see what the next patches fix/improve, I think they said there will be a patch 1 in January and patch 2 in February.

I will re purchase if it looks to have fixed a lot of things, in particular graphical glitches like pop in, maybe thats already fixed though, I got a refund after the very first patch.

Soldato
How did you manage to get a refund after playing the game for that long?
I asked the retailer where I stood as to a refund after CD Projekt said they were honoring refunds. The retailer said they were ok with me sending it back. I had the game for about a week.

Think about what you just said... Feeling proud about that? I hope not.

I was mis-sold a game on the base PS4, graphically its shocking and performance is lacking. If I knew this before hand, I wouldn't of paid the premium price for a launch title. I wasn't going to keep someone that is so disappointing if I'm given the option not too. Rather use that money and buy the Stadia version.

Soldato
Amazed that this has not dropped in price yet... bizarre.

Thing is I'm sure they'll continue to fix the bugs and no doubt they'll be DLC expansions on the way for the game. Plus there's a PS5, Xbox series update out in a few months time which they've said existing owners will get for free. So there's no real inventive for CDPR to cut the price despite the launch issues.

Soldato
I received my refund for the physical copy I purchased, I'm keen to play it again at some point as I'd like to see where the story goes but not for £50. Is a beautiful city they've built but it felt hollow as so little seemed to be interactive.

The combat was the most disappointing aspect for me, Half Life from 20 years ago feels more advanced with (albeit scripted) flanking soldiers. In CP everyone seemed to be a bullet sponge, I simply ran around a crate and they wouldn't know what to do. That's when they weren't running in the opposite direction.

Much as I like Keanu in John Wick, Matrix etc. I wasn't keen on his character in CP, just seemed like a bit of a bell-end, again will see how it goes in future when I play through the rest of the story.

But I'll be waiting for this to hit the £25-30 mark, it's already available for about £35 in some places.

Soldato
I’m playing again on Series X and it is now playable since pre launch patches. Had a hard lock and console power off yesterday though which has not happened on nothing else so must be Cyberpunk. Quick saving lots at the moment....lol

Soldato
Put in about 50 hours, the AI really is atrociously bad but the quests and characters are written well enough that it's still enjoyable. I've run into an increasing number of bugs that require a reload or reset, stuff like onscreen alerts not clearing, being unable to run/jump or abilities not working as well as quest steps that don't get marked off correctly. It's definitely a game where you need to make multiple saves.

The most annoying bug so far is that I failed 7 linked quests because one of them had triggered whilst I was doing another mission, that mission took me out of the area during a flashback sequence which caused me to fail the other quest because I'd left its area. Unfortunately I'd been unable to save for 45 minutes so I just moved on but it's the type of amateurish stuff that it's almost impossible to think wasn't picked up during QA.

Soldato
I got this free with my LE Xbox One X last year, I'm not touching it until the back end of the year when the patches and next gen update is out, would rather enjoy the fairly finished article than the rushed version that was shot out. Looking forward to it but in no rush as I've got a ton of other games to start / finish.

Soldato
It’s pretty obvious CD Projekt knew how bad this was before launch. The way they handled reviews and limitations on versions they allowed to be shown pretty much gave the game away. It should have been delayed again and released in maybe March in a better state. It seems the shareholders and investors had influence in its release in such a poor state. Shame as it was always said it will be released when it is finished.

The core game and story is fantastic and when it works it’s very immersive. It’s a shame that those times are rare as most of the time the immersion is broken by wonky physics and game breaking bugs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
They're basically trying to cover themselves for all of the **** they pulled in conning everyone, they claim to have played the console version and didn't see anything wrong with it. Does anyone actually believe that? like it was an accident reviewers were only allowed to review the PC version and not allowed to show their own footage...

Soldato
The updates roadmap graphic they posted is essentially an admission that the game shouldn't have been released at least until patch 1.2 is due, presumably in February/March some time.

Back
Top Bottom