New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
I have the older G-sync version of this monitor, does anyone know if the VESA mounts are in the same place on this version? ie. if I mount them both on a static height mount - will they be level?

Associate
Ended up getting a 2nd of these as they are the only semi decent thing on the market for size/resolution/refresh rate/color in the price range of (not worth what they are charging but ff all else is much better)

only it's got the yellow tint to standard settings... compared the original one I got last year where standard settings white is white.. its just to much yellow to waste time trying adjust custom color settings when it just messes with other colors... anyway had a replacement sent and its same fffing problem.. does dell even bother to color calibrate its shht anymore?

going to ask for that to be replaced aswel.. maybe they'll actually stop selling and sending on junk monitors and actually sort out there quality testing for once.

Soldato
Noticed fable anniversary framerate was going between 59 and 61fps so not stable, disabled gsync and yep stutters, so tech is working nicely, firs time used it in a game.

Soldato
Okay, bit of a weird one... every time I turn the monitor off, only from the power button if I go out for a walk say, when I next turn it on, log into Windows, anything I have left on screen (browser, explorer windows etc.) have resized from how I've left them; split-window, snapped to frame, browsers side by side etc.

I don't think its the monitor necessarily, I think it's more my gpu/outputs trying to adjust resolutions, even though nothing connected is actively live. I have a DP connection from my gpu to the monitor and an HDMI cable going into a 3-way splitter. Could it be the splitter even? All I know at this stage is that I didn't see this behaviour with my last monitor.

Thoughts?

Associate
Okay, bit of a weird one... every time I turn the monitor off, only from the power button if I go out for a walk say, when I next turn it on, log into Windows, anything I have left on screen (browser, explorer windows etc.) have resized from how I've left them; split-window, snapped to frame, browsers side by side etc.

I don't think its the monitor necessarily, I think it's more my gpu/outputs trying to adjust resolutions, even though nothing connected is actively live. I have a DP connection from my gpu to the monitor and an HDMI cable going into a 3-way splitter. Could it be the splitter even? All I know at this stage is that I didn't see this behaviour with my last monitor.

Thoughts?

Unplug the splitter for a wile and see if the problem persists?

Soldato
Every monitor has issues to be fair. If you buy direct from Dell then you have that solid warranty and replacement to make use of.

I remember back in the day when I got my current monitor the big issue monitors had was dead pixels. So I am a bit out of the loop.

So are we still not at a point where we should expect a monitor to be faultless? I get that there may well be many people with the monitor without any major issues who wont be mentioning it on this thread, but it still makes you think.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I remember back in the day when I got my current monitor the big issue monitors had was dead pixels. So I am a bit out of the loop.

So are we still not at a point where we should expect a monitor to be faultless? I get that there may well be many people with the monitor without any major issues who wont be mentioning it on this thread, but it still makes you think.

I think online you will find a disproportionate amount of people who have issues, as you mentioned. Especially on these forums and reddit, people get bent out of shape over a small amount of glow.

The one I have is very good, no issues at all. However I may be going to a AW3821DW :p

Soldato
Anyone know why the monitor flickers in games?

Mine seems fine - i did have some flicker in cyberpunk that would come and go, but I'm 99.9% sure that was a bug, other games, films/TV and general desktop usage all fine.

I'm using the supplied displayport cable - I've heard that some generic DP cables are not up to spec, might be something to consider.

Last edited:
Associate
So I got a replacement monitor sent, and it has the same ****** issue of a tinted yellow screen.. how the in the hell do they not even bother color calibrating these screens in manufacturing, quality control zeeeero.

ridiculous for the price.. made another support ticket to get that replaced... I swear they just send the ****** yellow tinted screens out as replacement hoping some sucker won't notice it.

Associate
"does anyone know if the VESA mounts are in the same place on this version"

it has VESA mount but they are **** in design placement...mainly its the oversized casing around the screen that might be an issue with actually mounting onto some arms etc.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Dell

KJgaBw8.png

Permabanned
So I got a replacement monitor sent, and it has the same ****** issue of a tinted yellow screen.. how the in the hell do they not even bother color calibrating these screens in manufacturing, quality control zeeeero.

ridiculous for the price.. made another support ticket to get that replaced... I swear they just send the ****** yellow tinted screens out as replacement hoping some sucker won't notice it.

Watch this video from techless and chose on one of the ICC profiles. Even Dell has one but I wouldn't use it.

After you install an ICC profile play with the colour settings to match your comfort.

Or you can buy a calibration tool from Rainforest (competitor), use it, then return it.

Back
Top Bottom