New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
I'm looking to get a second one of these to slim down my current triple monitor (all different) set-up - have they released an updated version that'll be identical in display dimensions to this?

Soldato
They all seem to be 'S' line monitors on the website now... but they are only 75hz... tehy did do a 'G' which was identical in spec to the

S2721DGF 165hz

but thats dissapeared too...seems like they want people to buy curved monitors

Soldato
They all seem to be 'S' line monitors on the website now... but they are only 75hz... tehy did do a 'G' which was identical in spec to the

S2721DGF 165hz

but thats dissapeared too...seems like they want people to buy curved monitors
The G2724D perhaps? But the panel doesn't seem to be exactly the same (or maybe it's essentially the same, I have no understanding of what specs to pay attention to, but the results for the various 'colours' specs seem different? https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/c6d4264f26

Last edited:
Soldato
The G2724D perhaps? But the panel doesn't seem to be exactly the same (or maybe it's essentially the same, I have no understanding of what specs to pay attention to, but the results for the various 'colours' specs seem different? https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/c6d4264f26

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats the one I was thinking of...dfifferent manufacture though, the 'S' has an LG pannel and the 'G' has an 'AU optronics pannel'. there are also a few other differneces in spec, but they are broadly very simmilar.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I'm pretty sure thats the one I was thinking of...dfifferent manufacture though, the 'S' has an LG pannel and the 'G' has an 'AU optronics pannel'. there are also a few other differneces in spec, but they are broadly simmilar.
Strangely, the S2721DGF and DGFA on other sites show as having an AU optronics panel too; I have no idea where each of these sites polls their data, it could be a bit iffy at the very core!

Last edited:
Soldato
The Newer 'G' model has USB-c though which I know for a fact mine doesn't.
The newer one has only Freesync-premium rather than premium-pro, whatever that means. both are G-sync 'compatible'.

They both look to share the same chassis/stand etc.

All I can say is there's no difference in 'advertised spec' from the S2721DGF and DGFA.... the newer one was only released due to power consumption regulations, so the brightness was set a bit lower by default on the DGFA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom