Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Opened a Lifetime ISA with HL a few months ago and have been sticking money into it monthly via DD.

I thought it was a pretty static account where the gov would just add 25% to what you put into it, however, it seems I can buy stocks & shares with it too?

Am I correct in thinking this? And if so, are there any extra charges (on top of the usual up to £12.95 HL charges per deal) that I could incur by investing the cash sat in my LISA at the moment?

Cheers :D

Soldato
Yeah you can invest in whatever you like. Make note that if you invest in Funds (FTSE tracker etc) then there's no transaction charges.

The only thing to consider is the risk element. If that's savings for a house deposit then do you want the risk of a market crash? Not saying it'll happen again soon, but around 25% was wiped out of the market last March more or less overnight. Could you handle that stress?

Soldato
Yeah you can invest in whatever you like. Make note that if you invest in Funds (FTSE tracker etc) then there's no transaction charges.

The only thing to consider is the risk element. If that's savings for a house deposit then do you want the risk of a market crash? Not saying it'll happen again soon, but around 25% was wiped out of the market last March more or less overnight. Could you handle that stress?

I won't be putting enough in here for a deposit outright, so i'm willing to take a chance on increasing the value and just having a lump sum at 60 if it there happens to be a market crash when/if I come to buy a house.

After some googling, it seems that if I pay £100 in and invest in something which is then worth £200, in the next tax year i'd get 25% of £200 instead of £100?

Hope that makes sense?

Soldato
So theoretically if you knew a big company was about to split into two seperate companies and you had £10k of shares in them, what would be the best option? Buy more or sell them quickly?

Soldato
Is there any point holding Tesla and Nio whilst also holding an EV and driving tech ETF ?

I think I already know the answer (not really) but there might be a reason to do both if you thought those 2 will perform better than others in the ETF I guess ?

Soldato
Etoro to go public on Nasdaq

Israeli multi-asset investment platform eToro has merged with publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (Spac) Fintech Acquisition Corp V (Fintech V).

Upon closing, the combined company will operate as eToro Group and is expected to list on the Nasdaq.

The platform supports investments in equities, ETFs, commodities, currencies, cryptoassets and smart portfolios.

EToro was founded in 2007 with the aim to open up capital markets. Users can trade directly, invest in a smart portfolio, or replicate the investment strategy of successful investors on the platform.

It is regulated in the UK, Europe, Australia, the US and Gibraltar.

In 2019, eToro launched crypto and social trading in the US and received approval for a broker-dealer licence, with plans to launch stocks in the country in the second half of 2021.

Finances
The combined business is expected to have an “estimated implied equity value” of approximately $10.4bn (£7.5bn, €8.7bn) at closing, reflecting an “implied enterprise value” for eToro of approximately $9.6bn.

The deal includes $250m in gross proceeds from Fintech V’s cash and $650m in gross proceeds from a private placement in public equity at $10 per share from various strategic and institutional investors.

EToro Group is expected to have approximately $800m net cash on its balance sheet to support future growth.

Existing eToro equity holders, including current investors and employees of the firm, will remain the largest investors in the combined company retaining approximately 91% ownership immediately following the business merger.

The business combination, which has been unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both eToro and Fintech V, is targeted to close in the third quarter of 2021, subject to stockholder approvals and other customary closing conditions.

Associate
Yep I’m 25% up now and that’s before the dividend!

I think it’s good for 50p near term or more the way it’s going. It’s shorted at about 7% and I think the shorters are going to caught out in a squeeze heading for the door.

Some people are saying 70p short term and 100p end of year. Not too late to get in even for a 50p target.

Caporegime
I cannot find anything that takes my fancy. Really struggling to understand how much recovery is priced in (or over priced)

Really, I'm looking for good future shares.
Like electric cars a few years ago.

Ethical foods and egames are two areas in interested in

Wish I could get on the oatly ipo.

Caporegime
Plenty of legs in EVs, loads more need to be made and they all require materials someone has to dig up.

I mean it's kind of priced in .
And no clear winners.

Tesla could still be amazing. But it's no longer the golden egg investing opportunity. They may just compete, not dominate. I definitely would not buy a tesla at the moment if I needed a new car.

Everyone knows electric cars are the future. Now the big traditional car makers are in full swing opportunities seem less clear.

Imo

Back
Top Bottom