Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Associate
not a problem with the policy, got a bit confused that other posts a page or two back on this thread have direct links to other places selling chairs. Perhaps the name of the company implying the items are not new in those instances is the defining difference.

Associate
Really considering a Steelcase Leap v2, but the only place I can find it new doesn't have the best returns policy and is a pay for return shipping if you don't like it. Not good for a chair costing nearly £1000 which you can't try first!

Caporegime
Really considering a Steelcase Leap v2, but the only place I can find it new doesn't have the best returns policy and is a pay for return shipping if you don't like it. Not good for a chair costing nearly £1000 which you can't try first!
Try a refurb Giroflex 64 with 4D arms first. Less than 1/5 of the price.

Associate
I have my refurb Orangebox Do from Corporate Spec. Have to say the chair is in very good condition.

It's quite a different experience from my el cheapo Nitro Concepts gaming chair and will take a bit of getting used to. Initially I don't find it any more comfortable than the Nitro chair but then I tend to slouch in a chair and the Orangebox promotes a more upright position. I'm sure once I adjust the lumbar support and find the correct seating position that it'll work well for me. And it doesn't creak and shoogle like the Nitro.

Wish I'd got one with a headrest though.

Soldato
I am interested in the Orangebox Do also, its a good price online. I found a place near me with the Giroflex G64 for a really good price so I might go and try one of those first.

Man of Honour
Not noticeably with normal movement
Mine is really noisy, I think I'm going to return it. I also don't find the base of it very comfortable at all. I mean it's a few cm of foam and then plastic so I can't see how it could ever be comfortable. I'm getting fed up of trying to find a chair that works for me. I'm tempted to try an Aeron now.

Caporegime
Mine is really noisy, I think I'm going to return it. I also don't find the base of it very comfortable at all. I mean it's a few cm of foam and then plastic so I can't see how it could ever be comfortable. I'm getting fed up of trying to find a chair that works for me. I'm tempted to try an Aeron now.
Giroflex 64 with 4D arms... read my previous posts.

Permabanned
Why are you all so adverse to getting a normal home use chair instead of these Designer branded chairs? ( yeah not Gucci as someone said before, You can get designer posh kitchens you know not all about clothing fashion)

Caporegime
Richdog just wondering which company did you get your G64?
I'm outside of the UK so used a local auction place. Just look/google for one on Ebay and in online stores using "Giroflex 64 4d arms" etc in good condition or refurbished to good condition.

My old man got a crazy deal for one in his local paper, cost him £50 and he loves it! Seller had no idea what it was. :)

Why are you all so adverse to getting a normal home use chair instead of these Designer branded chairs? ( yeah not Gucci as someone said before, You can get designer posh kitchens you know not all about clothing fashion)

Can you please translate that into words that make sense? A 'normal home use chair'... what? :confused:

Soldato
I'm outside of the UK so used a local auction place. Just look/google for one on Ebay and in online stores using "Giroflex 64 4d arms" etc in good condition or refurbished to good condition.

My old man got a crazy deal for one in his local paper, cost him £50 and he loves it! Seller had no idea what it was. :)

Can you please translate that into words that make sense? A normal home use chair... what?

Ok thanks. I have seen a couple of places selling them but not 4d arms. They swivel and move up and down only.

Did yours come with hard wood or carpet castors?

Permabanned
hmmmm, The normal chairs that don't cost the same as your first car when you were 17.
The chairs from Staples, Bestbuy (I linked to it somewhere in another thread)
If you are after a mesh chair there are plenty of affordable options which all look 10x better than these designer chairs.

Soldato
hmmmm, The normal chairs that don't cost the same as your first car when you were 17.
The chairs from Staples, Bestbuy (I linked to it somewhere in another thread)
If you are after a mesh chair there are plenty of affordable options which all look 10x better than these designer chairs.

I doubt those chairs look 10x better :cry: Do you have any links/pics?

It's mainly about the level of adjustability so you dont end up with the posture of Gollum.

Back
Top Bottom