Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Caporegime
@ChrisD. did you get an Orangebox Do in the end?

My current chair is on it's last legs and I almost bought a Noblechair but this thread has stopped me and made me consider the Orangebox Do, seems like some good prices out there and I do like the mesh back chairs.

Soldato
I was looking at a Secret Labs chair and then noticed the place that I bought my desk from does office chairs. I bought a 24hr rated task chair and after one week of using it I've noticed I'm not constantly shifting my weight or trying to crack my back and back pain has improved.

Its not comfy by any means, its very firm but with loads of adjustability it support my body better and the difference is noticable. It was only £215 too so lets see how long it lasts.

Associate
Thanks for the feedback... I do like what I've read on them so far.

Cant go wrong with Steelcase chair 1000% more comfortable than the Noble gaming chair I have and the build quality is a different level. For those wondering I own Steelcase Leap v2 thats about 10 years old still working apart from the piston which even professional refurb company couldnt remove :(.

Associate
So as an update on my Orangebox DO chair - after using it for a few weeks I've given up on it and passed it on to my girlfriend to use and gone back to my Nitro Concepts gaming chair. The lumbar support is just hard plastic and no matter where I positioned it I got terrible back pain after using the chair. As soon as I started using the gaming chair again the pain disappeared.

Really disappointed as it's pretty well built and looks the part. Not sure I'm willing to up my budget to an Aeron or Leap v2 at this stage.

Soldato
So as an update on my Orangebox DO chair - after using it for a few weeks I've given up on it and passed it on to my girlfriend to use and gone back to my Nitro Concepts gaming chair. The lumbar support is just hard plastic and no matter where I positioned it I got terrible back pain after using the chair. As soon as I started using the gaming chair again the pain disappeared.

Really disappointed as it's pretty well built and looks the part. Not sure I'm willing to up my budget to an Aeron or Leap v2 at this stage.
Not what I wanted to hear it's the only chair im looking at at the minute.
Need to find the best place to order, they all have different levels of options it's so annoying.

Caporegime

Need to find the best place to order, they all have different levels of options it's so annoying.
Giroflex 64...

Caporegime

lol same here!

Soldato

That will just be pain from spine trying to correct itself after being mangled by the 'gaming chair' in the first place :)

Associate
That will just be pain from spine trying to correct itself after being mangled by the 'gaming chair' in the first place :)

Ha! Indeed. I did want to give it a chance thinking I'd just need to get used to it but alas it was just too painful. I sit in generic office chairs at work without this sort of pain. Maybe I just need to sit on cheap chairs and resign myself to being a hunchback in years to come.

Associate
I think the high quality gaming chairs are great (i'd use an expensive office chair for office work, but for my everyday PC use, "gaming" chair is great.) - BUT i imagine by now there are some really bad gaming chairs with many shortcuts which are bad for you. I haven't looked into the gaming chair scene for a long time now lol

Associate
I sit in generic office chairs at work without this sort of pain.

Just thought I'd check what my "generic" chair was when I got in to the office today. It's an Orangebox Go :cry:

My back is fine with that so maybe it's just the mesh backed chair I don't get on with.

Back
Top Bottom