• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I wonder if it could be limited to 1 item per user name through the trust system for instance
Long shot, but what about the old lurkers that don't have the post count - maybe 1k posts and six months or <1k posts and ten years? :p
Guys, we don't have the time or ability to fundamentally change the way that the forum or our systems work.

This is a test of concept, we're not planning on it staying this way forever.

Associate
The idea is good to give long term / loyal members priority but unfortunately makes the less chatty ones - like myself - loosing out , maybe once the proof of concept is established Gibbo can extended it to other long term members regardless of their post count, or even better as a business which values its customers , long term members who had actually purchased items for Overclockers above a certain price point - this to be established by them not necessarily disclosed or up for discussion

Associate
How will it work with back orders - assume you are going to prioritise your backorders before releasing new stock on a voucher scheme? Or will there be some parallel sales - 10 come in, 5 go to fulfil preorders, then 5 go to voucher sales?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
How will it work with back orders - assume you are going to prioritise your backorders before releasing new stock on a voucher scheme? Or will there be some parallel sales - 10 come in, 5 go to fulfil preorders, then 5 go to voucher sales?
obviously we're only going to do this on lines where we have free stock. The last thing we want is MORE back orders.

OcUK Staff
OP

We are doing this on lines with no back orders and we have no plans on over selling and as such taking back orders.

Soldato
Sounds like a good plan for people that still don't have cards and gives them a chance. Hope it goes well, better than the current way with bots grabbing everything.

Man of Honour
@Gibbo Many thanks for trying this out for us, it's much appreciated. Will this be like one voucher advertised in the MM per card or one voucher for multiples of cards? I can still see this being difficult to actually get a card. Even second hand cards are gone in anything as quick as 30 sec within being posted in the MM so this is going to be a rush to get one. Personally a 3060 isn't a big enough upgrade from my 1070 @1440p but will be very interested in a 3070 or possibly a 3060ti. Hell, I would even go for a 6800 and change monitors at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom