• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
How can we tell what your gonna do with the card when you buy it? The simple answer is we cannot! Which is the issue, it is impossible to know!

Yup I get that, I meant more for how are you limiting it i.e. "The deal SKU is 1pc per customers and limited to UK only customers."

Is that tied to their forum account or their shop account? As if it is just the shop account, then they could just create multiple shop accounts to get around this where as if tied to the forum account, it would be much harder to get around.

Unless you could have it so that shop accounts with less than a certain spend are excluded from using the voucher code?

Soldato
@Gibbo your should make the code unique, have the person reply in the MM thread and they get sent a message via trust with a personal use once code.

Stops people buying more than one card, and stops the code from being shared regardless as it only has one use.

Caporegime
@Gibbo your should make the code unique, have the person reply in the MM thread and they get sent a message via trust with a personal use once code.

Stops people buying more than one card, and stops the code from being shared regardless as it only has one use.

Management of multiple codes gets messy, maybe after trialing the idea, as it would require development or purchasing an off-the-shelf product.

Associate
well at least we know its

Stops people buying more than one card, and stops the code from being shared regardless as it only has one use.[/QUOTE ] How many people do you think will apply ? Then think of the manpower how to do this. So I can't see this happening
How many people do you think will apply ? Then think of the manpower how to do this. So I can't see this happening

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff

We need a process which doesn't require us to hire someone full time just to handle issuing of codes.

Soldato
We need a process which doesn't require us to hire someone full time just to handle issuing of codes.

You are only using one of SKU, so unless you literally have hundreds in stock I can't see it being a full time job.

Also maybe if you just add £5 to every card you sell them you could in fact hire a contact based employee to do the job at zero cost to OCUK, until you sort out a better automated code system.

Caporegime
I don’t think 6 months is long enough myself. Many people only joined six months ago when the cards were released. Never contributed to the forum before, only jumped on because of the difficulty in getting a card. If there’d been enough cards, you’d have never seen them. For me, it should be 3 years and 2k posts minimum.

Associate
280 posts ove several years for me. I float in and out. It's good that loyal members are going to be rewarded, and anything that enables genuine gamers to snaffle a GPU is fine in my book. I shall plod on through the barren hellscape we used to call GPU land. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom