What watch do you wear?

Associate
They comment in the video (about 3:10) that it doesn't screw down and if you knock it it might change so basically nothing lol
To be fair I'd say most people won't be using it for diving so I doubt that it's a major issue.

• That's fair enough - it is very unlikely that I will be doing any diving wearing this watch (or any watch for that matter! :)). But, having to adjust the bezel every time I look at it so it is lined up just right would probably wind me up no end (pun intended!)

Man of Honour
I'm certain the Baltic will have some friction still so won't move the bezel thorugh normal wear. The SPinnaker Bradner I had had a bezel crown that was super smooth and easy to turn with just a shirt sleeve by comparison. 'd await a review that speaks of the bezel crown on the Baltic because if it's like the SPinnaker then they will mention it, but if it's got some friction, they probably won't even mention it because some friction is generally expected I would say.

Just browsing the Stowa website. The Stowa Verus GMT is rather nice.. Limited to 100 pieces.

They are big!

Soldato
I'm certain the Baltic will have some friction still so won't move the bezel thorugh normal wear. The SPinnaker Bradner I had had a bezel crown that was super smooth and easy to turn with just a shirt sleeve by comparison. 'd await a review that speaks of the bezel crown on the Baltic because if it's like the SPinnaker then they will mention it, but if it's got some friction, they probably won't even mention it because some friction is generally expected I would say.

They are big!
Hmm, 41mm isn’t too bad ? Or do you mean depth ?

Man of Honour
Word from Stowa, my watch is in production and should ship by next week which means I may well have it by next Wednesday. That's pretty much 3 weeks from ordering to production to delivery. Excite mode pre-activating :cool:

RJC

RJC

Don
Word from Stowa, my watch is in production and should ship by next week which means I may well have it by next Wednesday. That's pretty much 3 weeks from ordering to production to delivery. Excite mode pre-activating :cool:
What have you ordered now :D:cry:

Associate
Here you go:

4-BADA682-F168-4928-B33-B-71-A5-CB450-E86.jpg

Soldato
@Jenz lovely! I'm still really wanting one. I actually enquired with Beaverbrooks about discounts and they came back with some rubbish that they do not discount Omega watches, as they feel it devalues the brand. But they reminded me it'll come with a free watch winder. Brilliant. For a mechanical watch. Very useful!

That Mars watch is interesting. It being the simulation mission watch, I won't be looking to get one. But the actual Mars mission watch design I will most likely be interested in. Whenever that actually happens. Not one for small wrists for sure!

Last edited:
Associate
If there is interest I can post pics of my other watches :D

Tudor Black Bay - just a beautiful every day, go with anything watch.
Timex Marlin - the Mechanical Classic from "Mad Men".
Tag Carrera - a very simple clean watch my Wifey bought me.
Gruppo Gamma Russian Limited Edition - A stunning blue microbrand watch that punches above it's weight. 1 of 50 made.
Christopher Ward 1000 Extreme - A great diving watch for 1000m :cry:
Christopher Ward C65 LE - just fell in love with this one when the brand was reasonably priced.
Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT 500 - just love this "Rolex Batman" pseudo-homage and need a GMT for travelling abroad back when we were allowed.

Back
Top Bottom