Obesity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Leats deal with the bigger issue first. food poverty in britain is even bigger now. people cant afford to eat healty when a bag of turkey dinosaurs is cheaper than a ballanced meal.

Thats complete rubbish. Its still cheaper and always has been cheaper to feed a family cooking from scratch. How do some people get by just fine on exactly the same amount of money as other people who complain that they can't feed their family. If you are sensible you can feed your family ridiculously cheaply. Its not as easy as sticking some chicken dippers in the oven but its cheaper and more nutritional.

Soldato
Thats complete rubbish. Its still cheaper and always has been cheaper to feed a family cooking from scratch. How do some people get by just fine on exactly the same amount of money as other people who complain that they can't feed their family. If you are sensible you can feed your family ridiculously cheaply. Its not as easy as sticking some chicken dippers in the oven but its cheaper and more nutritional.

nah disagree there.

from the broken plate report 2020.
https://foodfoundation.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/FF-Broken-Plate-2020-DIGITAL-FULL.pdf

More healthy foods are three times as expensive as less healthy foods per calorie, with the cost of more healthy foods diverging from less healthy foods over the past four years.

it has always been an argument that healthy foods cost more. the fact is they do.

Associate
Most supermarkets already charge more for worse tasting 'healthy' food, like whats even the point in buying it then?

I also posted what I got for a £1.40 takeaway salad in the eating now thread, will never order a salad side again.

Man of Honour
I find people expecting me to talk to them to be the biggest barrier to bothering with 'walks', more so than the walking itself being completely boring and barely any exercise.
Put some headphones in, no need to talk to anyone then and walking is great low impact exercise.
I've got issues with my legs so I can't walk any faster than a generally slow bimble but I've used it successfully to lose weight and it generally made me feel much healthier.

Soldato

What I dont understand is why all the meal for one's, basic oven cooked food type deals have to be unhealthy, there must me a healthy option that can be stocked even if it has a price premium attached.

Permabanned
I go a day or two without eating anything real. I'll probably eat a cookie tonight and that'll be it.

This includes cycling 10+ miles a day. The NHS should look into my appetite suppressant ;)

Associate
Put some headphones in, no need to talk to anyone then and walking is great low impact exercise.
I've got issues with my legs so I can't walk any faster than a generally slow bimble but I've used it successfully to lose weight and it generally made me feel much healthier.

Headphones wouldn't matter or make people think of me as less rude or in their opinion 'anti social'.

I especially hate it when bus drivers say thank you to me 3-4 times in increasingly demanding tones because they feel entitled to be acknowledged by everyone. Then you generally see threads all over places like reddit saying 'if you don't thank people like bus drivers you are a psychopath'.

Even worse is people repeating 'Excuse me' from behind and the one time I did respond it was someone trying to peddle household goods likely for drug money.

Wait, people trying to shake my hand with their Arabic greeting because I'm a POC. Outside is ruined by there being people out there.

Associate
Are those healthy enough though, I was told by my dietician even weight watchers is a no go. I was told self prepared food only.

Has anyone that has actually lost weight used weight watchers or slim fast?

Bet they taste like complete ass too.

Then don't talk to them. Simple innit?

Usually is except it also makes you look and feel like ****.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
nah disagree there.

from the broken plate report 2020.
https://foodfoundation.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/FF-Broken-Plate-2020-DIGITAL-FULL.pdf

it has always been an argument that healthy foods cost more. the fact is they do.

That doesn't tell us anything other than the fact that high fat/sugar foods and drinks are cheaper per calorie than healthier foods. Most people could tell you this because most vegetables and fruit contain **** all calories. You consume them mainly for the fibre and nutrients.

What are the cheapest per 1000cal? Oh right, potatoes, pasta, rice, bread and the things that make up the bulk of A LOT of meals. If I wanted to get my 2500 calories a day from vegetables and fruit it would cost me a small fortune but no one does that. I would have to eat about 6kg of broccoli for my daily calories...

How much is a bowl of porridge? How much is a homemade sandwich. These things are all really cheap when you make them yourself.

I can guarantee that I can feed people pretty healthily for less money than a takeaway or macdonalds or out of a pack ready meal or chicken dippers type thing and give them more calories.

What I dont understand is why all the meal for one's, basic oven cooked food type deals have to be unhealthy, there must me a healthy option that can be stocked even if it has a price premium attached.

They have preservatives in them, far too much salt and sugar to cater to the palettes of the sort of people who tend to eat them and they overdo the amount of sauce vs carbs usually.

Caporegime
SSRIs aren't stims.

And SSRIs didn’t work for you, how can you be so sure your forbidden magical pill will be the solution you need, I suspect it will be more complicated than that. You’re in denial and there is plenty you could do yourself here.

I mean come on, you just posted that people talking to you is a barrier to going forward walks and you doubt the exercise value.

Soldato
I go a day or two without eating anything real. I'll probably eat a cookie tonight and that'll be it.

This includes cycling 10+ miles a day. The NHS should look into my appetite suppressant ;)

I do that too sometimes. Not really eat anything some days :p

I don't think humans are really meant to eat a full meal daily. People feel hungry if they don't because they have trained themselves to do it. In the wild you wouldn't be able to kill a wild animal frequently enough, or find other edible food. Especially during winter. It would be mostly small amounts stretched out over the whole day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom