I just turned 40 years old

Soldato
Happy birthday, I also turned 40 last month, trying to keep fit and lose a stone in weight, it appears it gets more difficult the older I get. This time ten years ago I was a healthy gym freak but the last ten years have ground me down mentally and physically!

Caporegime
Happy birthday, it's the next milestone I am not looking forward to.

Still feel like a big kid at heart that now likes finer wine :D:o.

Soldato
I am still 40 -- in the head that is - God knows where the last 37 years have gone. :rolleyes:

By the way happy birthday - Its all down hill now - Everything will drop out - wear out and things you can do now in a flash will take much longer. Take as much bedroom workouts as you can it won't last much longer. :D

No one ever thinks they will get old and be like your Mom and dad.

Associate
Happy Birthday OP :)

I'm turning 40 later this year. I feel like it's time for me to put into practice everything I've learnt about myself and the world so far and make something of myself (although I'm still pretty unsure of exactly what that will look like). So it will be the decade that I define myself, either as someone who learnt how to achieve in their own way (trying to climb the corporate ladder has sucked the life out of me) or as someone with ideas above their station :D
I've largely kept myself in good shape physically so hopefully I won't slow down in that regard too severely.

Soldato
OP
Congrats. I think you just about scrape into the definition of being a 'millenial' if that makes you feel any better :D

Pffft. I personally never considered myself a millenial. I know I'm right on the borderline age wise, but I prefer to think of myself on the other side of that line :p

Caporegime
I turned 40 in January :)
still feel like 35.

I think mentally I feel better than ever and more confident than when I was younger.
I'll walk anywhere at any time scared of nothing.

paranoid as hell in my teens but mostly due to where I grew up being a horrible place making me think the world was a lot more evil than the realities

Back
Top Bottom