Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
Had a shot of all the gt4 cars today 10+ laps each. So far only the audi and the ginetta have stayed on the track and the ginetta more consistently. Getting 1.37.1 at brands hatch so far hopefully won't be falling to far behind tomorrow night.

I've had no time to practice but going to try the McLaren for a change. See you on track later sir.

Soldato
I’ve picked this up in the steam sales, not because I’m overly interested in racing, but I’d like to see it hooked up to the Quest 2. I sense this is more towards a sim experience, but will I be okay with an Xbox pad?

Soldato
Hey guys is anyone around the 2.19/2.20 times on spa, i just race on random servers but would be good to race against people regular

I'm about the same pace. We had a Spa Sprint race at Race Department few weeks ago and my qualifying time was 2:19.4 and that put me 5th out of 9 or 10. Would be comfortably midfield at least and some competitive racing.

And by chance there is another GT3 Spa Sprint race this Wednesday.

Soldato
I’ve picked this up in the steam sales, not because I’m overly interested in racing, but I’d like to see it hooked up to the Quest 2. I sense this is more towards a sim experience, but will I be okay with an Xbox pad?
Like it's fine as in you can get round a track...but yeh its a pure sim game so a wheel is always going to be best.

Soldato
Will be joining the GT4 series on Thursday! Unfortunately can't do both series as apparently that's too much time on the PC according to the wife. :confused: Had my very first outing in a GT4 last week and was pleased with a (lucky) 3rd place finish. The racing was incredible, very close battle and top 6 finished in about 30 seconds of each other I think. Was tempted by the GT3 series but really want to learn the British GT tracks basically having never driven any apart from Silverstone.

Associate
Will be joining the GT4 series on Thursday! Unfortunately can't do both series as apparently that's too much time on the PC according to the wife. :confused: Had my very first outing in a GT4 last week and was pleased with a (lucky) 3rd place finish. The racing was incredible, very close battle and top 6 finished in about 30 seconds of each other I think. Was tempted by the GT3 series but really want to learn the British GT tracks basically having never driven any apart from Silverstone.

Glad you had a good race last week. Luckily my wife has so many things on Netflix she wants to watch that I'm allowed to do most races. I'm looking forward to the GT4 races as they tend to be closer and with the smaller British tracks it makes for some brilliant racing.

Soldato
Decided to give the GT4 a go at the last minute. I know the corners round Donnington but lines, braking points totally learning on the fly from the guy in front with zero experience of a GT4:o

Quite a bit of fun really, you can open up the track and power down the lines on a delicate balance of clipping the inside and using all the momentum to the outside on the tippy toes. Looks like i'll be hooked in to the series now, need to learn all the tracks aside from brands.

You could count on one hand the GT4 races online since release, that was the first decent experience.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to give the GT4 a go at the last minute. I know the corners round Donnington but lines, braking points totally learning on the fly from the guy in front with zero experience of a GT4:o

Quite a bit of fun really, you can open up the track and power down the lines on a delicate balance of clipping the inside and using all the momentum to the outside on the tippy toes. Looks like i'll be hooked in to the series now, need to learn all the tracks aside from brands.

You could count on one hand the GT4 races online since release, that was the first decent experience.

Great stuff, always happy to hear people are enjoying our races and are planning on joining us for more. What car did you choose?

Soldato
Picked on the Ginetta having given it a go with AMS and PC2 previously, zero experience with any of the ACC GT4's. Got 1.37 out of it in the end but i sense there was more, i was scrubbing too much entry speed with poor braking/lines with people easily crawling up to my rear on a few corners.

The comment about them feeling a lot like tourers felt totally apt, a lot of it like i say i was feathering the pedals balancing the power while trying to hold line. In truth that was the fun of it, in a GT3 it's just power on power off most of the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question...thinking of upgrading my PC. If I reinstall ACC will i lose my saved laptimes/driver rating or are they uploaded to the cloud via steam? Presumably, there must be a back-up file for these which could be reinstated? Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom