• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
I am too to be honest. I was hoping I would get access to those discounted ones on this forum but I haven't been a member for long enough. All I want is a 3070, I don't see any point in going below but I can't justify £1000 on a graphics card when my whole pc needs upgrading and I'll be spending another £1000 on other parts. Looking into pre builds now, I'm hoping I'll have better luck but they are still extortionate.

Associate
Really don't want a 3070 Ti anyway, I'm going to be remote streaming to 4K soon anyway.

It would barely be a stop gap over my 1080 Ti.

I don't regret skipping RTX 2000, a the 3070 Ti beats the 2080 Ti at everything and that silly thing used to cost £1500 or some BS. But like the 2080s its not enough of an upgrade, plus 8 Gb for 4K eugh.

Associate
Really don't want a 3070 Ti anyway, I'm going to be remote streaming to 4K soon anyway.

It would barely be a stop gap over my 1080 Ti.

I don't regret skipping RTX 2000, a the 3070 Ti beats the 2080 Ti at everything and that silly thing used to cost £1500 or some BS. But like the 2080s its not enough of an upgrade, plus 8 Gb for 4K eugh.

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to go to 20 series when 30 series are available. I thought maybe the 3070 would be my best option but prices have gone up. they are now in stock for just under £1000 when the 3060 are £200 cheaper. From my research, 3070s are a lot better than 3060 cards so I don't see the point. My graphics card is still has a month or two in it but that's it, I need to make a decision soon.

Associate
In case this wasnt clear to anyone (still...really) . In order to get one of those FE scan drops, you need to pull your phone out your pocket as soon as it buzzes for the telegram alert, click the link, get tonadd to basket..all within 60 seconds. If you do that your going to be unlucky, but remember your against thousamds of gamers and scalpers doing the same thing.

I did this yesterday and got a 3080. I was able to checkout and pay and i was still able to add a 3070 to basket afterwards. So in some cases you have 2 plus minutes.

Stop moaning and be quicker, or just accept your going to be dissapointed a couple of times and get pretty bored of watching your phone like a hawk. Nothing new now this has been the case since launch

Associate
In case this wasnt clear to anyone (still...really) . In order to get one of those FE scan drops, you need to pull your phone out your pocket as soon as it buzzes for the telegram alert, click the link, get tonadd to basket..all within 60 seconds. If you do that your going to be unlucky, but remember your against thousamds of gamers and scalpers doing the same thing.

I did this yesterday and got a 3080. I was able to checkout and pay and i was still able to add a 3070 to basket afterwards. So in some cases you have 2 plus minutes.

Stop moaning and be quicker, or just accept your going to be dissapointed a couple of times and get pretty bored of watching your phone like a hawk. Nothing new now this has been the case since launch

I don't know how to get a telegram alert thing. I think that's the best place to start

Associate
Is there are more 3070's today and prices are falling. Wow only twice MSRP (£989) as opposed to last month when Overclockers were charging three times MSRP (£1400).

Associate

I never have my phone in my pocket or anywhere near me so its not going to help.

Associate
Traditionally I have upgraded gpu every 3 years, spent roughly the same amount and got roughly twice the performance.
The last card I bought was RX480 in 2016, this explains why I am still on it:

2007 - ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB cost me £85, in todays money would cost £123
2010 - MSI HD 5770 HAWK 1GB cost me £151, in todays money would cost £203
2013 - HIS HD 7950 IceQ BOOST 3GB cost me £197, in todays money would cost £231
2016 - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB cost me £219, in todays money would cost £244

That is accounting for inflation and the VAT change in 2011
(using https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator, so really 2020 prices not "today")
prices are total I paid including postage.

no new gpu for me this year.

Caporegime
Traditionally I have upgraded gpu every 3 years, spent roughly the same amount and got roughly twice the performance.
The last card I bought was RX480 in 2016, this explains why I am still on it:

2007 - ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB cost me £85, in todays money would cost £123
2010 - MSI HD 5770 HAWK 1GB cost me £151, in todays money would cost £203
2013 - HIS HD 7950 IceQ BOOST 3GB cost me £197, in todays money would cost £231
2016 - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB cost me £219, in todays money would cost £244

That is accounting for inflation and the VAT change in 2011
(using https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator, so really 2020 prices not "today")
prices are total I paid including postage.

no new gpu for me this year.
Similar history to me, and similar budget.

Not only will there be nothing this year at those price points, I very much doubt you'll see anything in the first half of next year either.

The rut we're in could well last 12-18 months.

If you can't (or don't want to) up the budget to £500 at least, there isn't much joy to be had.

FE drops are unicorns for most people, and AMD don't even want to sell to the UK :p

Back
Top Bottom