The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
I'm hoping to get my hands on the hw99S, I was after a walther terrus but they now end of line. Years ago I had an old Crosman Medalist and a even older .177 daisy break barrel springer with no safety, trigger cover or anything! Used to kick like a mule too!

Soldato
Over the space of about 5 years I went from a Chinese .22 CO2 gun (thumb-hole stock) that I originally bought for my grandad to help him control the rats near his aviary (needed cheap, low physical effort rifle) which he got too ill to use again, to a Bowkett modded .177 S10, to a .177 Airwolf MCT, to a custom .22 S200/BSA Ultra combo with a "tweaky" reg and digital NV scope. After that I moved to Scotland, couldn't find any permissions and just sold everything instead. Still miss the S200 hybrid (amazing rat gun) and the S10 (unbelievably accurate once modded) but never enjoyed the Airwolf as much as the price tag says I should have done due to the digital "mouse click" trigger.

Commissario
I wonder if anyone can remember - I had a pcp air rifle with a push button right on the front of the stock which armed it. This would have been early 2000s. It was an unusual method and I'm desperately trying to remember what model it was. Anyone?
I also had Daystate Mk3 which was just too heavy. Gorgeous rifle though.

Soldato
I wonder if anyone can remember - I had a pcp air rifle with a push button right on the front of the stock which armed it. This would have been early 2000s. It was an unusual method and I'm desperately trying to remember what model it was. Anyone?.

BSA Ultra had one as a c.ocking mechanism just under the barrel right at the front of the stock, could it be that?

The later Ultras went back to a normal c.ocking handle.

cat00542_01_1.jpg

Soldato
I tried to get back into shooting a few months ago. Cracked out my Logun Mk3 and took it over to a friends farm. An hour or so later I was bored. I used to really enjoy it; I've owned several air guns over the years. Times change, I suppose.

Soldato
I've still got an HW80 in the loft, an old German long barrel import, not one of the ones made by the Hull Cartridge Company in the UK. Bought it off an old man about 25 years ago from the Trade It paper (does anyone remember that?).

Added a 3x9x40 and a silencer, so ironsights removed, the standard spring and guide were replaced with custom venom parts, also tried doing a custom staining job on the standard stock which didn't turn out as well as I'd planned. It looks OK but you can tell it's DIY.

I was looking at getting another standard stock, refitting the ironsights and using it for a bit of target practice before selling it to someone who will actually use it regularly rather than leaving it languishing in a loft.

It's big and heavy but incredibly accurate for a springer once you get used to it. What are the chances of someone being interested in this old behemoth?

Associate
The HW80 is still sought after but come with the issue of them being meant for FAC power and it's very easy to have them running too hot for UK laws.
Hull Cartridge are just the official importers. They stamp their name on it and supposedly do some checks.
You should be able to still get all the parts you want.

Soldato
I havnt pulled the trigger on my AA S410 in over a year. Just pulled it out of the cupboard to check it over, pristine and no pressure loss, just as it was when i put it away.
Just seems such a shame to have it sitting there doing nothing, but I just dont have time at the moment, I've spent most of this year away with work, and when I do have time off I have so many other priorities and other hobbies that tend to take precedence.
Have considered selling the S410 as I hate to see it go to waste and not get used for what its built for, but it would be difficult to let it go.

Associate
Thread revival by the look of it. Been out of the Air rifle/gun scene for a fair few years now. Just recently started looking around and Im pretty shocked at how high the prices are, suppose its to detaire the yobs. Anyway I am in Scotland and Im looking at getting a reasonay priced co2 pistol for basic plinking but nothing too cheap and nasty. Can anyone recommend a good shop to buy from. As I understand it the rules in Scotland only allow you to buy face to face in a retail shop and no sales can be made online and shipped to your door?

Associate
@kPATm
Just incase you don't know you need to have an Air Weapons Certificate in Scotland to purchase or own an airgun.
https://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/firearms-and-explosives-licensing/air-weapons/

Also if you are thinking about doing some back garden plinking you have to be able to demonstrate that shooting can be done safely. Search for • Can I continue to shoot on my own land at targets?
https://www.scotland.police.uk/abou...losives-licensing/frequently-asked-questions/

Shops i've used are https://www.tackleandguns.net/ in Glasgow. Map Link
And Livelines Tackle and Guns https://airgundealerscotland.co.uk/ in Armadale. Map Link

I haven't been but there is also the Glasgow Angling Center https://www.fishingmegastore.com/index.html
Map Link
Their secondhand stuff is on a facebook page called Preloved Tackle, links on their main page.

Also checkout https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php
They have a members sale section so you might be able to pick something up there.

@TrannyBill
What make and model?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are after a reasonable priced, accurate pistol take a look at the SMK CP1-M. It’s super accurate can be used single shot or with the 9 round magazine. I stuck a little scope on mine and it’s pinpoint up to about 20 metres

Gu3Hx0il.jpg

dod

dod

Soldato
quick question regarding ownership in Scotland.

Been looking through the guidance but can't find anything specific regarding storage of air rifles when not being used.

Would it require to be kept in a lockable cabinet?
Edit: never mind, found it.

Soldato
Just found this thread,

Anyone Northampton based? Do you goto OnTarge range at all?

Am relatively new to the hobby but already have:

A Rotex RM8 my first rifle after using one at the range love it. .177
ATA Airbourne 500cc bottle, 12 shot per magazine side leaver, smooth and a great budget rifle at £400 .22
Glock G17 Gen 4 .177 great for plinking in the garden .177
Umarex Legends Smith & Wesson 6" 6 shot revolver great for plinking in the garden also .177

Am lucky enough to have a large enough garden where I have also setup at 25m range for the rifles and a 5m range for plinking with the pistols.

Happy to post up some pics later if anyone wants to see them, pretty generic Air guns though.

Really recommend the ATA Airbourne though if your after a regulated .22 PCP amazing bit of kit for the price. Prefer it to the RM8 now. Although it doesn't have a 2 stage trigger like the RM8 its a great package and very accurate once zeroed in with a good scope.

Associate
I've still got an HW80 in the loft, an old German long barrel import, not one of the ones made by the Hull Cartridge Company in the UK. Bought it off an old man about 25 years ago from the Trade It paper (does anyone remember that?).

Added a 3x9x40 and a silencer, so ironsights removed, the standard spring and guide were replaced with custom venom parts, also tried doing a custom staining job on the standard stock which didn't turn out as well as I'd planned. It looks OK but you can tell it's DIY.

I was looking at getting another standard stock, refitting the ironsights and using it for a bit of target practice before selling it to someone who will actually use it regularly rather than leaving it languishing in a loft.

It's big and heavy but incredibly accurate for a springer once you get used to it. What are the chances of someone being interested in this old behemoth?

What caliber is it?

Matt

Soldato
How does one go about flogging an air pistol these days? I have a Wallther CP99 CO2 1.77 that has just been sat in a cupboard for many years now, and doesn't get used; but I'm guessing that Gumtree/eBay wouldn't allow the sale of a 'firearm'?

Associate
How does one go about flogging an air pistol these days? I have a Wallther CP99 CO2 1.77 that has just been sat in a cupboard for many years now, and doesn't get used; but I'm guessing that Gumtree/eBay wouldn't allow the sale of a 'firearm'?

Ebay won't unless you split it into components.

Airgunbbs is a reasonable site to sell on, not sure if you have to post on there to get access to the sales section or not?

Freeads I believe do allow or certainly used to allow sales.

Other option find a local club, see if they have a for sales board and add it to there if allowed.

Finally go along to your local gun shop and ask them if they'd buy it, but be prepared for a shock on what they offer you.

Back
Top Bottom