• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Very nice, i suspect you'll be beating my score then. :)

I'm a couple of hundred points behind you on normal Timespy - my gfx score is higher but my cpu is holding me back - roll on Threadripper 5xxx!

Caporegime
Associate
Caporegime
Time Spy Standard and FS Ultra got a nice 900 point boost with 200 points more in Port Royal.

Not bad.
Ultra? Nice!

Not really played about with the Firestrikes for a while, but any chance to improve my scores for those benches must not be overlooked. A task for the weekend methinks. Shame it's a heatwave Lol.

Soldato
Well this score certainly does, not bad for ol air cooling :D

5950X PBO
6900 XT Merc Air 2645/2745/2124 FT

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

SCORE 22 123 with AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT(1x) and AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Graphics Score
23 420
CPU Score
16 842
Holy fudging poo! I never manged to break 21000 graphics score. Must set aside some time on Sunday to update the drivers and have another go....

Associate
That's enough for 1st place on the OcuK Timespy thread beating out the impressive @Maldoror

I do wonder if Ln2 might see the 6900 XT take the crown given the high graphics score that user has on water cooling.
Der8uer did the LN2 testing and ran a clock over 3.2GHz. I can imagine on the new drivers Buildzoid with this power filtering mods, he did would go very far on the new drivers. He already sits a 3rd in FS Ultra on old drivers and 2nd in FS Extreme.
My new 5950x just shipped too. No board yet though :cry:

Associate
That's enough for 1st place on the OcuK Timespy thread beating out the impressive @Maldoror

I do wonder if Ln2 might see the 6900 XT take the crown given the high graphics score that user has on water cooling.

An interesting thing is that when I originally uploaded that score (hof #14 then, #15 now), every single score above it was temperature 'N/A', i.e. an Ln2 run. That new 6900XT run is at 'only' 42c (still a great temp, of course). So if you extrapolate that fact, it's reasonable to assume that with the new driver, 6900 XTs on Ln2 runs could sweep the HoF for Timespy Standard and take all the top positions, and water and even air setups on 6900XTs could take the rest.

But perhaps this is a natural state of affairs for the hardware. From a purely silicon perspective, we might expect the raster-powerful, lower-bandwidth 6900XT to dominate Timespy Standard (which is 1440p) and Firestrike, while the 3090 dominates Timespy Extreme (4K) and Port Royal (RT). So perhaps this driver is unleashing the potential we'd always have hoped for with the 6900XT. Assuming that it's also offering similar performance gains in games (I haven't checked), it's great to see AMD bringing the fight to Nvidia.

Caporegime
An interesting thing is that when I originally uploaded that score (hof #14 then, #15 now), every single score above it was temperature 'N/A', i.e. an Ln2 run. That new 6900XT run is at 'only' 42c (still a great temp, of course). So if you extrapolate that fact, it's reasonable to assume that with the new driver, 6900 XTs on Ln2 runs could sweep the HoF for Timespy Standard and take all the top positions, and water and even air setups on 6900XTs could take the rest.

But perhaps this is a natural state of affairs for the hardware. From a purely silicon perspective, we might expect the raster-powerful, lower-bandwidth 6900XT to dominate Timespy Standard (which is 1440p) and Firestrike, while the 3090 dominates Timespy Extreme (4K) and Port Royal (RT). So perhaps this driver is unleashing the potential we'd always have hoped for with the 6900XT. Assuming that it's also offering similar performance gains in games (I haven't checked), it's great to see AMD bringing the fight to Nvidia.
I think your assessment is spot on. Timespy Extreme my score is further behind, even with the performance improvements in 21.7.1.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For the roll of honour please @Kaapstad. :)

D6ztfCE.jpg

My impressions:

Decided to move on my 6700 XT and 6900 XT Merc golden samples and switch to a Sapphire Toxic Extreme XTXH 6900 XT. Cheers @Gibbo and OcuK. First graphics card purchased from here for a while. :)

This card is really nicely built and looks fantastic with all the RGBs going. AIO pipes ruin the look a bit, but other than that looks wise it is lovely.

The actual graphics card is smaller than i was expecting and it looks tiny compared to the Merc 6900 XT it replaced.

In terms of noise and temperatures it delivers excellent temperatures up there with true water cooling and it is quiet. Silent on the power saving BIOS and quiet on the performance BIOS at 38% fan speed.

It is loud above 40% fan speed so I can see why some other users on other forums replaced the fans. I like the RGB look of the fans so I will keep them, however I like quiet in my man cave so I will run it at a max of 38% fan speed as even going balls to the wall it can keep the hotspot temp around 80c average and peaking at 85c.

38% fan speed is enough to play games at a locked core clock speed of 2750Mhz+ (500Mhz over MBA 6900 XT on the core clock) with the memory running at 2162Mhz.

Settings
LtrsIZG.png

It is disgustingly fast at these clock speeds and something air cooled cards just cannot do. When i say fast, it is now beating out LN2 and Chiller/water cooled 3090's on Timespy, Firestrike Extreme and Ultra in graphics score on 3DMark. @Besty

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (3dmark.com)

Power usage (PPT metric in HWINFO64) is anywhere from 350-400W in games at these clocks and it doesn't even have to work hard to achieve these speeds and keep low temps.

Would I recommend it? For the regular gamer no, It's just too expensive.

However, if you want the best (and it is the best I've used a lot of 6900 XTs) and you like to benchmark and/or you want to run games at the highest possible resolutions, clock speeds with no compromises (in terms of noise, temperatures or performance/FPS ) then I would recommend it.

Now I need to find a new home for the fastest golden sample XFX Merc 6900 XT round these parts. :( @djay It served me well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
For the roll of honour please @Kaapstad. :)

D6ztfCE.jpg

My impressions:

Decided to move on my 6700 XT and 6900 XT Merc golden samples and switch to a Sapphire Toxic Extreme XTXH 6900 XT. Cheers @Gibbo and OcuK. First graphics card purchased from here for a while. :)

This card is really nicely built and looks fantastic with all the RGBs going. AIO pipes ruin the look a bit, but other than that looks wise it is lovely.

The actual graphics card is smaller than i was expecting and it looks tiny compared to the Merc 6900 XT it replaced.

In terms of noise and temperatures it delivers excellent temperatures up there with true water cooling and it is quiet. Silent on the power saving BIOS and quiet on the performance BIOS at 38% fan speed.

It is loud above 40% fan speed so I can see why some other users on other forums replaced the fans. I like the RGB look of the fans so I will keep them, however I like quiet in my man cave so I will run it at a max of 38% fan speed as even going balls to the wall it can keep the hotspot temp around 80c average and peaking at 85c.

38% fan speed is enough to play games at a locked core clock speed of 2750Mhz+ (500Mhz over MBA 6900 XT on the core clock) with the memory running at 2162Mhz.

Settings
LtrsIZG.png

It is disgustingly fast at these clock speeds and something air cooled cards just cannot do. When i say fast, it is now beating out LN2 and Chiller/water cooled 3090's on Timespy, Firestrike Extreme and Ultra in graphics score on 3DMark.

Power usage (PPT metric in HWINFO64) is anywhere from 350-400W in games at these clocks and it doesn't even have to work hard to achieve these speeds and keep low temps.

Would I recommend it? For the regular gamer no, It's just too expensive.

However, if you want the best (and it is the best I've used a lot of 6900 XTs) and you like to benchmark and/or you want to run games at the highest possible resolutions, clock speeds with no compromises (in terms of noise, temperatures or performance/FPS ) then I would recommend it.

Now I need to find a new home for the fastest golden sample XFX Merc 6900 XT round these parts. :( @djay It served me well.

You need help. All this swapping and changing for a handful more points in a bs benchmark? 0_o

Caporegime
You need help. All this swapping and changing for a handful more points in a bs benchmark? 0_o
The TL : DR is - I wanted the best.

It started with a 6800 XT MBA, as that was all I could get at the time.

Then i snagged a 6900 XT MBA, but I wanted the 6900 XT Merc but it was not sold in the UK.

Then i snagged a B grade Merc as it was all i could get. But i wanted warranty...

Then i snagged another Merc with a three year warranty.

Then the XTXH was launched. I wanted one of those for the extra voltage headroom.

Here we are in present day. I am done, for now. :D

Soldato
The TL : DR is - I wanted the best.

It started with a 6800 XT MBA, as that was all I could get at the time.

Then i snagged a 6900 XT MBA, but I wanted the 6900 XT Merc but it was not sold in the UK.

Then i snagged a B grade Merc as it was all i could get. But i wanted warranty...

Then i snagged another Merc with a three year warranty.

Then the XTXH was launched. I wanted one of those for the extra voltage headroom.

Here we are in present day. I am done, for now. :D
And you deserve it

Back
Top Bottom