[PIC_THREAD] Sports, Action, Transportation

Soldato
Ah right. Did you have to call RAF Lakenheath and book it with a fee? And what lens did you use?

The viewing area is for the public free to anyone just google location.

The area is near the end of the runway but most planes lift much earlier f16s are really quick off the ground the ideal time is wait when they return home you can then catch them on the brake when they cross the length of the runway and turn to land.

My lens is a old cannon 80 200m lens this was the first time I tried to photo a plane.

Soldato
The viewing area is for the public free to anyone just google location.

The area is near the end of the runway but most planes lift much earlier f16s are really quick off the ground the ideal time is wait when they return home you can then catch them on the brake when they cross the length of the runway and turn to land.

My lens is a old cannon 80 200m lens this was the first time I tried to photo a plane.

Oh excellent, thanks. I'll google it. I've got a 70 to 350mm which is FF equivalent of 525mm so more than enough seeing that your photo looks so close and detailed at 200mm.

Associate
Superb photo.

Another superb photo. I've been meaning to do the same. I was just looking at Myrtle Avenue on street view, it seems to be a cul de sac and then fields with the planes in view on the ground. Is that where you went and then walked across the field to get closer? And did you drive and find a parking space easily or get the tube to Hatton Cross and walk?

Yep! Myrtle Avenue is a cul-de-sac with a relatively smallish field at the end of it. Where that photo was taken was under a tree at the end of the avenue. I drove down as it was Sunday so no parking enforcement, be wary though as parking is scarce, I'd say there were at least 30 to 40 people there. It took me a few minutes of carefully picking out where I could park without going into someones driveway etc. If you plan on going during the week then the easier option would be to get the Tube to Hatton Cross as you say and cross over and walk down around 500 metres to the field. Also, as you'd already know, be sure to check the runway alteration list to make sure that flights are landing westerly on 27L :D also... if you're after A380s be prepared for disappointment.. I saw none come in, and checking the arrivals list it seems like A380s are avoiding Heathrow all together at the moment :(

5R5A6807 by Leonard Ingle, on Flickr

Soldato
Yep! Myrtle Avenue is a cul-de-sac with a relatively smallish field at the end of it. Where that photo was taken was under a tree at the end of the avenue. I drove down as it was Sunday so no parking enforcement, be wary though as parking is scarce, I'd say there were at least 30 to 40 people there. It took me a few minutes of carefully picking out where I could park without going into someones driveway etc. If you plan on going during the week then the easier option would be to get the Tube to Hatton Cross as you say and cross over and walk down around 500 metres to the field. Also, as you'd already know, be sure to check the runway alteration list to make sure that flights are landing westerly on 27L :D also... if you're after A380s be prepared for disappointment.. I saw none come in, and checking the arrivals list it seems like A380s are avoiding Heathrow all together at the moment :(

5R5A6807 by Leonard Ingle, on Flickr

Thanks pimper! Yeah, I'll get the tube. I get free travel with my oyster card and use it all the time for my street photography. The journey to Hatton Cross will be an hour and 20 from Finchley. By car about 40 minutes but as you say, parking could be a PITA. I've saved a Twitter page to my phone called HeathrowNoise which gives live updates on runway operations.

Nice photo!

Soldato
a>

Back
Top Bottom