What TV shows are you currently watching

Caporegime
That sounds really interesting - will take a look. Thanks

The Home Alone one was my favourite so far, right from the funding, the John Candy cameo bit, the sets, the house and the music (John Williams!).

Dirty Dancing one was much more interesting than i thought, and some of the things it revealed (if you are not a movie buff), is rather surprising. Like I paid no attention really to which Studio funded which movie, like who funded Dirty Dancing and what that meant and how big a part in that getting the movie made.

Associate
The Home Alone one was my favourite so far, right from the funding, the John Candy cameo bit, the sets, the house and the music (John Williams!).

Dirty Dancing one was much more interesting than i thought, and some of the things it revealed (if you are not a movie buff), is rather surprising. Like I paid no attention really to which Studio funded which movie, like who funded Dirty Dancing and what that meant and how big a part in that getting the movie made.

Just had a look at what the other episodes are - Die Hard, Back To The Future, Jurassic Park! Will deffo have a watch.

Also just saw that there is a "The Holiday Movies That Made Us" series with one of the episodes covering the greatest ever Christmas movie - Elf!

Caporegime
Just had a look at what the other episodes are - Die Hard, Back To The Future, Jurassic Park! Will deffo have a watch.

Also just saw that there is a "The Holiday Movies That Made Us" series with one of the episodes covering the greatest ever Christmas movie - Elf!

Die Hard one was good! I think all of them are, I've seen all except Jurassic Park, only because it was almost 1am when i finished the one on Pretty Woman lol

Caporegime

I’ll have to watch that for sure. Absolutely love Home Alone. It still gets a Christmas viewing every year, even though I’m 41 years of age. Timeless. It’s the nostalgia too. I was 11 when it was released. Christmas is such a magical time at that age.

Soldato
Watching "The White Lotus" and whilst I'm still trying to work the show itself out I find myself absolutely obsessed with the soundtrack. It's primal and haunting.

Soldato
Binging Z Nation on Netflix. Absolute garbage but fairly enjoyable garbage. Some decent humour and characters - Murphy and Doc are my favourites.

It started off really well, but then they went down the comedic route. There are still some good episodes, but it goes bat **** crazy at times!

Don't forget Black Summer S1 and S2.

Caporegime
I’ll have to watch that for sure. Absolutely love Home Alone. It still gets a Christmas viewing every year, even though I’m 41 years of age. Timeless. It’s the nostalgia too. I was 11 when it was released. Christmas is such a magical time at that age.

Do it, this one they managed to get Christopher Columbus (director) on the show as well so it has an extra behind the curtain feel to it.

I stumbled across Missions on the BBC which is a French Sci Fi series where a team of people go to Mars.

Each episode is only 25 minutes long so I finished all of season 1 last night but I thought it was great.

I really do recommend it and has sensational opening titles and beautiful music.

Soldato
Watching Space: Above and Beyond for the first time since the 90’s. Brilliant show and before its time, didn’t even make it for a second series.

Soldato
Watched the series Mare of Easttown, very entertaining and it ended in a way that left us guessing until the last episode. Encouraging that they are thinking of another series.
Now watching For all Mankind, part way through the second series. Again we are enjoying this one, interesting alternative plotline of the space race events starting from the 60's and the moon landing.
Also started season 3 of Mr Inbetween, that is definitely a "dark" comedy. Having watched the first two seasons it is kinda compelling. We like how the titles of each episode is a spoken line within that episode, kinda fun to spot it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished Superstore. I ended up liking it a lot more than I initially thought I would. It's one of those shows I'll actually miss the characters, which doesn't happen often with comedies. I think it helps it has a strong ending.

Back
Top Bottom