What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finally finished both seasons of Daredevil, overall we enjoyed it. Then again I found myself kinda rooting for Wilson Fisk, perhaps due to Sock Man annoying me a little at times.
Watched the second season of Baptiste and overall it was disappointing when compared to the first season. Seemed a little farcical at times with its storyline. A shame as we both enjoyed the lead character who plays the detective role.
Just watched the first episode of The Mare of Easttown, Kate Winslet playing a particular strong, but flawed, lead character. First impressions are pretty good. As it is a miniseries that probably means only one season tho.

Soldato
Just finished S3 of Mr. Inbetween and have to agree with previous post, excellent TV. It's not overly complicated and almost seems a little too easy for our main man sometimes, but also it's not unbelievable and you can't help but love the easy going Ray. I read on IMDb it's based on a film 'The Magician', so will check that out too.

Soldato
Just finished watching Picard - can see why it received a lot of negative reviews but overall I thought it was alright.

Have now started watching DS9 as I have never watched the whole lot from start to finish.

Should keep me going for a while.

Soldato
Dexter is great and I even loved the ending. Apparently quite a lot of people didn't like it though.

For me it wasn't so much that I didn't like the ending, I just wasn't keen in the tonal shift the last few seasons, it almost felt like they switched around show runners. I personally noticed a drop in the writing quality after S4/Trinity, nothing that came after that seemed remotely as good as seasons 1-4.

Caporegime
The Movies that Made Us on Netflix.

I watched Season 1 a few weeks ago, and watched 3 epsiodes of Season 2 last night. It's very good with interviews with the producers and actors on the movie. It's a shame they can't get the main star in it's respective movies (Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks etc) and to be fair, some of them have passed away since. But the Director of Photography, Studio Heads who green light the movies, Producers, writers are mostly there with lots of interesting stories and tidbits.

The one with Home Alone was particularly interesting, same with Ghostbusters too, especially the bit about Bill Murray on how you don't know if he's signed on or not until Day 1 of shooting. Heard similar stories on Lost in Translation where the crew just started production hoping he would turn up because they heard nothing from him and on Day 1 he just did!

For me it wasn't so much that I didn't like the ending, I just wasn't keen in the tonal shift the last few seasons, it almost felt like they switched around show runners. I personally noticed a drop in the writing quality after S4/Trinity, nothing that came after that seemed remotely as good as seasons 1-4.
I agree that it did suddenly go in another direction but I was really quite surprised at the venom by so many who were seemingly furious at the ending.

I thought it was rather brave but I have a really soft spot for it and have watched the whole thing twice! :rolleyes:

Will have to re-watch it all again before the next bit starts! :D

Associate
The Movies that Made Us on Netflix.
I watched Season 1 a few weeks ago, and watched 3 epsiodes of Season 2 last night. It's very good with interviews with the producers and actors on the movie. It's a shame they can't get the main star in it's respective movies (Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks etc) and to be fair, some of them have passed away since. But the Director of Photography, Studio Heads who green light the movies, Producers, writers are mostly there with lots of interesting stories and tidbits.
That sounds really interesting - will take a look. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom