*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I've only just got through the "tutorial" and Johnny has appeared and the city has opened up so I think there is still a lot more of the game to enjoy.
The two things annoying me at the moment is identikit NPC's or some that look different but move exactly the same way as others and the Police.
Taking down bad guys and accidentally blowing up or shooting a civilian and the Police are on me. Not doing anything but driving round and I can run loads of them over with no sign of the police.
Even crashed into a Police car with two standing next to it and they did nothing. At least I know how to shake the Police off now had plenty of practice.

Man of Honour
Level 30 and absolutely loving this game now. Some of the side missions are epic, that one The Hunt, flip! That was dark. It was actually emotional. [..]

It goes the other way emotionally too. Judy's personal questline (especially the quest "Pyramid Song") is nostalgic, romantic and hopeful even though there are themes of loss
Judy's home town was flooded by a dam project - if you follow her storyline she takes you diving amongst the flooded remains of her childhood life
and there can be some grim aspects depending on your choices in earlier quests in her storyline. Even if you're not playing a homosexual woman, it's still romantic in a way. It's definitely emotional. Excellent storytelling. It's a bit of a shame that it's locked behind certain choices in certain quests. It makes sense, of course - Judy would only involve you in her personal life if she liked and trusted you. But it is a bit of a shame that some of the best storytelling in the game is locked behind certain choices in certain quests.

Another involving little quest (that's easily missed) involves dealing with some NCPD cops and a retired NCPD cop who's suffering from PTSD and depression. If you don't handle it correctly and in time he kills himself. Realistic. Grim. Human. Completely fitting for the gameworld.

Cyberpunk 2077 reminds me of the central character in some stories aimed at little girls when I was a kid. Amelia Jane, I think her name was. Summed up with the phrase "When she was good, she was very very good but when she was bad she was horrid".

I think the parts of CP2077 they actually finished were very good and the parts they hurriedly cobbled together after throwing stuff out in order to meet the release date were pretty poor. CP2077 was released when it was quite a long way from being finished. Even ignoring the lies CDPR made about CP2077, it still wasn't at all finished. Not just buggy. Incomplete.

I was doing a side-quest as a break from that wonderful nutjob Takemura [..]

I felt bad about betraying Takemura. I liked him. I liked him more as the game progressed and he talked a bit about his life. His childhood, what Arasaka meant to him personally.
If you save Takemura's life but don't choose the Arasaka ending (which is bad for you), it's strongly implied he commits suicide. Seppuku would be very much in keeping with his ethos.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've only just got through the "tutorial" and Johnny has appeared and the city has opened up so I think there is still a lot more of the game to enjoy. [..]

There's most of the game to enjoy. I think the de facto tutorial section that is the whole of Act 1 (up until the completion of The Heist mission) is excessively long and very badly unlabelled as the tutorial it actually is. The game really starts after that.

I'm almost tempted to go back for a third playthrough. Despite its many flaws and the lies from CDPR about it, CP2077 is an involving game. The gameworld is great. The game fails to live up to the gameworld. It's a missed opportunity. I'm hopeful for a sequel.

Man of Honour
I felt bad about betraying Takemura. I liked him. I liked him more as the game progressed and he talked a bit about his life. His childhood, what Arasaka meant to him personally.

One of the things the game does really well is the characters. But such a missed opportunity if you could have had more agency and more outcomes with their stories and a less rigid relationship structure and a shame the game didn't allow you at least to a limited degree explore relationships (not necessarily romantic) with some of the more notable side characters as well for example River's sister who have quite a bit of back story but it goes nowhere.

Associate
Started playing this again recently after months away. I wanted to see if it had improved. I hate to be negative about a game I really want to enjoy but... have they done anything? The first couple of hours alone are littered with the same bugs.

Also, I've been enjoying gaming with a controller lately. It's just impossible.

Soldato
Reading news today talk about free DLC and a revamped version for "new tech" whatever that means scheduled for end of this year. Apparently its an updated version of the game ? I dont know. Didnt really understand it. :)

The first couple of hours alone are littered with the same bugs.

I was playing it last night and after a bit of gunplay I stood on the sidewalk (pavement he he) wondering what to do next and noticed these two woman doing something strange with their hands like waving vertically. Walked over and they were eating some food from an invisible bag. Just looked like they were eating popcorn maybe, hands doing the eating and holding some invisible bag of food.

Soldato
How do you level up Cold Blood (without using cold blood)?

It says you are supposed to put a perk point in cold blood but I have never put any points in cold blood and yet it sometimes still seems to be levelling up but it is unclear how? I need those perk points but I don't know what I am supposed to be doing with it?

Associate
It's very frustrating. I'm loving the use of a controller in this game up to the point of combat... where it just all goes to ****. The vibrations really give the shots weight, I just can't hit anything...

For those that play with a controller... how do you do it?

Soldato
How do you level up Cold Blood (without using cold blood)?

It says you are supposed to put a perk point in cold blood but I have never put any points in cold blood and yet it sometimes still seems to be levelling up but it is unclear how? I need those perk points but I don't know what I am supposed to be doing with it?

cold blood can be levelled such as heavy melee attacks, finish moves etc can level it up to an extent. Shards can also level up the skill. Whole line is pretty awesome imo once levelled up works with any other build.

Soldato
Anyone else had an issue with GOG Galaxy and resolved it without too much faff? "Connection to the Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown."
Seen a few reports of this elsewhere some recent, some a few years ago.
Not impressed. Been like that at least 3 days now - thought it was server side first.

EDIT: Fixed it on command line using:
net stop winnat
net start winnat

Last edited:
Soldato
I've uninstalled this in a bit of a rage, got into a Braindance sequence and couldnt figure it out so did a rage uninstall. I was getting a bit bored of it to be honest. Still got my save game data in case I dip back but for now Goodbye Night City.

Soldato
I've uninstalled this in a bit of a rage, got into a Braindance sequence and couldnt figure it out so did a rage uninstall. I was getting a bit bored of it to be honest. Still got my save game data in case I dip back but for now Goodbye Night City.
LOL, I rage quit often but rage uninstall of a 70GB game is extreme:eek:

Soldato
Anyone got some suggestions for best armour items? Feeling like I’m still a bit too easy to kill when going against harder enemies. Also what’s the best way to level up fast so I can upgrade guns?

Back
Top Bottom