What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Tried Dark Souls 3 again and it clicked this time. Happy about that because I wanted more From stuff, I played Bloodborne to death on PS4 and I have 100% achievements in Sekiro so nothing else to do but wait for Elden Ring and even more for Bloodborne PC 60fps bliss (if it ever comes).

Also bought RE Village but DS3 hooked me more, this is hardly a survival horror game TBH so I'll leave it for later.

Soldato
Still playing Valhiem. Just the plains boss to kill now. I'm solo playing it and put in over 300 hours plus. Runs great in 4K and looks great on my LG 55" CX . Best £15 I've spent on a game. Also dipping into alien isolation via game pass, that's good too.

jcr

jcr

Associate
Borderlands 3. So far, so meh. Once I met the two bad guys my expectations plummeted.

And the 2nd act/area is naff.
the game was a big disappointment for me too. most of the characters i found quite irritating, and the legendary weapon drops were so common it ruined the fun of getting one.

Soldato
Encased, about to leave early access after what has been ages so playing first part. Lots of content thus far and is a blast, really reminds me of fallout 1/2. Still some quirks, companion system is so so, first enemy you meet can be so overpowered without a solid build (everything is easier after that!). But on the whole, shaping up to be a real solid game to scratch that itch until Pathfinder is out.

Associate
Arma 3. Treated myself to the SOG Prairie Fire (Vietnam) mod, I had read the Steam reviews and the AI was a mixed bag for solo play, it put me off.

Well, this evening I took the plunge and after a few test missions in the Editor, left super impressed. The AI (for Arma) is really cool, its great to be back to using iron sights.

Having owned Arma 3 for years, I dabbled but put off with the super human AI and the 2035 campaign never really grabbed; always reverted back to Arma 2 or Op Flash for the Cold War vibe.

With the exception of Op Flash, I am not bothered about the single player campaigns in Arma as the game is all about the Editor and creating your own missions. I am a casual gamer so my Editor skills are limited, usually consists of setting up some firefights, only it is awesome when you set up flying jets that bomb or paratroopers drop out - the immersion is incredible. In SOG, the AI platoons (20 men) was a surprise, also a decent AI mortar crew which makes a change to see take out the enemy. The sound and environment is awesome. The soldiers are far more vocal so it adds to the immersion immensely.

Highly recommended if you fancy something different and happy to put some time in to create your own scenarios.

Associate
Just finished Pillars of Eternity 1, and the dlc's. Not really a big fan of icey areas but it was decent enough. Didnt know you had to play it before the end of the main game though, so had to reload a save after finishing it haha.

Pillars of Eternity 2. Played it before but without the dlc. Really enjoying it.

Seen people talking about Far Cry 5 recently so gave that an install because I remember only playing about a 3rd of it when it first came out. But after about half an hour wasnt feeling it. I had Far Cry New Dawn so installed that just to see if its the same, and I am actually enjoying it a bit. So will see if I cba carrying on with that after another sesh on it.

Associate
Mostly spending my free time playing Star Citizen at the moment. Now I've got a more up-to-date PC it's playing much more stable for me and no longer crashes which is really nice, finally able to accept and complete missions without any major issues.

Associate
After running into issues with missing a companion in Pathfinder: Kingmaker I've become disheartened enough that I just can't motivate myself to play again. Probably best I don't burn myself out on it with Wrath of the Righteous so near anyway

As it stands I've picked up Warframe again, and finally started playing Death Stranding in earnest. I only played as far as the incinerator bit the first time round and really didn't enjoy it, but just a bit further than that and the game starts to open up and the gameplay loop becomes much more engaging in regards to planning how you're going to tackle things

Associate
Assassin's Creed Valhalla now. 25 hours in and enjoying it. Fully completed Horizon Zero Dawn before that.

Had sunk 45 hours into Red Dead Redemption 2 before that but the Rockstar Launcher now refuses to accept I own the game because it was purchased through Steam... Resisting the urge to buy it again on cdkeys for £30 just so I can continue playing. Rockstar support is dreadful and have not helped - just the usual re-install the launcher and game which does not work.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed Valhalla now. 25 hours in and enjoying it. Fully completed Horizon Zero Dawn before that.

Had sunk 45 hours into Red Dead Redemption 2 before that but the Rockstar Launcher now refuses to accept I own the game because it was purchased through Steam... Resisting the urge to buy it again on cdkeys for £30 just so I can continue playing. Rockstar support is dreadful and have not helped - just the usual re-install the launcher and game which does not work.

how was horizon ? how many hours ?

Soldato
Arma 3. Treated myself to the SOG Prairie Fire (Vietnam) mod, I had read the Steam reviews and the AI was a mixed bag for solo play, it put me off.

Well, this evening I took the plunge and after a few test missions in the Editor, left super impressed. The AI (for Arma) is really cool, its great to be back to using iron sights.

Having owned Arma 3 for years, I dabbled but put off with the super human AI and the 2035 campaign never really grabbed; always reverted back to Arma 2 or Op Flash for the Cold War vibe.

With the exception of Op Flash, I am not bothered about the single player campaigns in Arma as the game is all about the Editor and creating your own missions. I am a casual gamer so my Editor skills are limited, usually consists of setting up some firefights, only it is awesome when you set up flying jets that bomb or paratroopers drop out - the immersion is incredible. In SOG, the AI platoons (20 men) was a surprise, also a decent AI mortar crew which makes a change to see take out the enemy. The sound and environment is awesome. The soldiers are far more vocal so it adds to the immersion immensely.

Highly recommended if you fancy something different and happy to put some time in to create your own scenarios.

Keep meaning to get into this mainly for tank/vehicle play is that side worth it?

Associate
how was horizon ? how many hours ?

Highly recommend it. The gameplay and story is brilliant. Also it's only £16 on cdkeys which is an absolute steal for something I consider a Triple-A game. Getting to almost max level, doing all the side quests and the Frozen Wilds expansion got me to 55 hours. There's a new game+ mode also where you start again but keep all your gear but I haven't bothered with that to be honest.

Associate
Keep meaning to get into this mainly for tank/vehicle play is that side worth it?
Entirely depends on what you're after; if you want more realistic battles then absolutely Arma is what you want. However, if you just want something more arcadey (as Arma is very much a simulator) then I'd possibly look at the likes of Battlefield or potentially World of Tanks

Soldato
Entirely depends on what you're after; if you want more realistic battles then absolutely Arma is what you want. However, if you just want something more arcadey (as Arma is very much a simulator) then I'd possibly look at the likes of Battlefield or potentially World of Tanks

Definitely more realistic, can't stand battlefield or world of tanks play.

Back
Top Bottom