What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Decided to pick up the Ace Attorney Chronicles + Phoenix Wright trilogy bundle along with my Pathfinder pre-order. Started on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and wow this game is great fun

Associate
Recently started playing Hell Let Loose (WW2 Tactical Shooter) after joining the free play weekend went on to buy it with a bunch of mates. Good fun but frustrating at the same time (if you have played you know)

Also dip into Insurgency: Sandstorm now and again.

Soldato
Divinity original sin 1. I've already completed 2. It's definitely a bit clunky in some areas and better in others. 75 hours in and I'm not having any difficulty on default difficulty setting, I would up it if I started again. Graphics hold up very well, but then again they tend to on this type of game. Story is okay isn't anything exciting and I don't feel attached to the characters, guess I'm playing because of the genre.

Soldato
Planetside 2 as big big fan of number 1 it's taken time to get used to, but really enjoying it now.

Not seen any max crashes and fewer gal drops* etc but can't beat the scale of it all

Caporegime
Project Warlock 2 - demo (available on Steam).

+ large level
+ good audio/music
+ visuals are seemingly a bit more detailed/immersive than the first game, while staying true to a retro FPS (the more the better at least to some degree, IMO)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I picked up Dust Till The End yesterday when I was browsing stuff on sale on Steam. £8.49 so I thought "may as well". I'm into post-apocalypse games at the moment.

It's obviously a low budget small dev team indie game with simple graphics, but it's well put together and seems to have more to it than first appearance suggests.

It's initially just a trading game - there are some small settlements in the wasteland and opportunities for people willing and able to handle the risks of the wasteland to make a profit transporting goods and making the right trades. For example, one settlement has a salt mine so salt is plentiful there and can be bought at a lower cost. Salt is worth more in almost any other settlement (it's a very useful substance), but it's especially valuable at a settlement that has a small animal product processing industry. Which makes harsh soap, which is more valuable at another settlement that has a small industry that requires harsh soap. Etc.

But then you notice that you can start new industries in some settlements and/or improve the existing ones. If you had the right materials in sufficient quantities. Which you don't yet, but it's a goal. For example, you can establish a cotton farm at one settlement and a small cotton processing industry to make cloth. Which is quite valuable.

There's crafting. Initially very little crafting and some of what you can do requires materials you don't have. But crafting anything trains your crafting skill, which unlocks more craftable stuff. If you can obtain the right tools. The biggest settlement sells many basic tools, so that's a good start.

There's a main storyline and sidequests and random encounter quests if you explore the wasteland a bit. Which has its own risks because the wasteland is a hot desert and water management is always an issue. You can carry more water...but then you have less carrying capacity for trade goods and other resources. You can buy vehicles to increase your carrying capacity, but initially they're just wheelbarrows and handcarts. Better than nothing and they don't need fuel.

There's basebuilding and staff management, once you find a bunker and are able to kill the beasts and/or raiders occupying it.

There's faction reputation and politics.

There's combat and combat skills and trading skills.

It's certainly no AAA game with raytracing and beautiful graphics and suchlike, but I think it's worth a try at such a low price if you're into games like this.

Caporegime
The horror! I started playing an Epic Games store game - Automachef. Quite fun actually. Although it's a bit quirky in its execution, I'm not sure if it's by design or I'm not doing it right. :D

And Sunset Overdrive. Started off a bit ropey at first with corrupt save errors (bug with Steam cloud) and weird green flashing (fixed by updating nVidia driver) so I'm good to go.

Soldato
I had a blast on Ryse Son of Rome last night. I've completed it a few times before be dam that is one gorgeous lookin game. The voice acting and story is great as well.

Soldato
Playing Skyrim again. I feel sad at modern games it feels like we have peaked. Nothing new comes close.
Although I don't share that opinion in regard to this specific game, I know what you mean. A new release barely touches games from that era.

I think it's all plateaued a bit. Graphics also don't wow me like they used to, it's all a small incremental increase these days

Associate
Well I loved HL2 back in the day so thought i'd try Metro Exodus Enhanced.
Not a bad game, more like Call of duty than HL2 ( so far anyway )

Back
Top Bottom