What TV shows are you currently watching

I guess you'd just vacuum it. It just seemed rather creepy. Like someone had scalped doogal but not included the head. :cry:
I just saw a picture of it and yeah you're right, you would have to vacuum it. Think you would have to brush and comb it on occasion too to keep it neat.

I like modern art but your description of it looking like a sculpted doogal is perfect! :cry:

Soldato
I am now halfway through watching the entire run of Six Feet Under.

I've seen it before, and it is as good as I remembered. My wife didn't see it first time around, but is really into it.

I am SO looking forward to her reaction to the final episode.

Soldato
Started watching "Nine Perfect Strangers" on Amazon Prime.

A mini series by David E Kelly, staring Nicole Kidman. Seems those two like to work together and 'Big Little Lies' is very good. Kidman is decent in this. She seems to a playing Brit Marling in a mixture of the 'OA' and 'Sound of My Voice.' The show is about 9 strangers attending a wellness retreat. The assumption for the viewer is all is not as it seems.

Unlike the two films mentioned though, the actual story telling in Nine Perfect Strangers is few and far between. Only 5 of the 8 episodes are out so far, but there doesn't seem to be much of real interest going on. It's not as dark, detailed, or mysterious as the the films I previously mentioned, nor as well put together as Big Little Lies, or even Little Fires Everywhere (which I find in a similar vein to Big Little Lies). The characters themselves are ok individually, but together they lack any chemistry.

I'm sticking with it, as it's not bad, but I can't say that it's good either yet. So far I'd give it a 6.5/10

Soldato
Just finished The White Lotus and enjoyed it. I did manage to go 53 years without witnessing what I witnessed in the final episode, and I've seen quite a few German films, but hopefully I'll go another 53 years before I see that again.

Soldato
I'm nearing the end of S2 of Burn Notice on Disney+. I started watching it as someone on Quora gave it as their answer to the best TV show they've seen... really?! It's okay. It's an entertaining enough watch, but there's some really lazy writing. If you simply accept it, it's a reasonable story line with different missions each week.

I'm deep into S4 now and I think it's improved. It's still a little cheesy and overly dramatic (most episodes have a 'Mike, that plan will never work!', 'It's going to have to...' type stuff) but on the whole it flows quite well, each episode advances the main story and has a weekly stand alone story which is often quite clever.

I've also started in 'Mythic Quest', done by two of the guys from It's Always Sunny, about an MMO Software company. There's quite a lot of hype to this show and generally I think I can see why. Very good.

Caporegime
Started watching Justified because someone mentioned it on here. About halfway through season two and can't believe I'd never heard of this show. Very enjoyable, really like Olyphant as an actor.

Soldato
Finally got through all 89 episodes of Vikings. I did enjoy this show on the whole. I know a lot of it was made up but it all felt fairly historical too. Enjoyed some of the actors more than others and I did love to hate some of the characters too. Glad I watched it finally. Now can move on to other things.

Soldato
I just had a quick Google, and it seems you're right! The deal was completed yesterday. That's awesome

Really. I started and got through season 1 but only because I had sod all else to watch. It's typical American formulaic TV that doesn't really require any engagement. IMO it's on par with shows like Blindspot and Absentia. All had potential but were let down by the formula and poor writing. You know the type of show where whilst the main characters are still talking they start playing music to try and increase the drama. 6/10 for me.

Back
Top Bottom