This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Spent the evening looking at houses with my girlfriend. Think she's finally come around to the idea that we'll never afford a house unless we leave London. Progress, I think?!

Soldato
Finally got my contract through for my new job. :)

It helps when the recruitment officer leaves and is replaced by someone capable.

I have nothing against anyone, however please do your job. I expect nothing less.

Soldato
Gutted. Had just left the house earlier to visit my old man in the nursing home when he phoned my Mum and said he was in lockdown. Considering last week he phoned to say he was off to Kabul with the army, and the week before he'd been driving the coach to Scotland we took this with a pinch of salt and put it down to his dementia. Well, one of the nurses came on the line and said yes, they were indeed in a lockdown as someone on my Father's unit had tested positive and that we can't go to see him for 10 days now.

Getting a bit worried as he's a 83, frail and not only does he suffer from Parkinson's and dementia (main reasons why he's in a nursing home), but he also has asthma, COPD, heart troubles and is in remission from a bout of cancer. He's had both jabs, but still I'm worried.

Caporegime
Gutted. Had just left the house earlier to visit my old man in the nursing home when he phoned my Mum and said he was in lockdown. Considering last week he phoned to say he was off to Kabul with the army, and the week before he'd been driving the coach to Scotland we took this with a pinch of salt and put it down to his dementia. Well, one of the nurses came on the line and said yes, they were indeed in a lockdown as someone on my Father's unit had tested positive and that we can't go to see him for 10 days now.

Getting a bit worried as he's a 83, frail and not only does he suffer from Parkinson's and dementia (main reasons why he's in a nursing home), but he also has asthma, COPD, heart troubles and is in remission from a bout of cancer. He's had both jabs, but still I'm worried.

If you're describing what he's had as a bout of cancer, he's made of stern stuff! Not dismissing your worries but it sounds like the gent is still kicking back hard.

Soldato
If you're describing what he's had as a bout of cancer, he's made of stern stuff! Not dismissing your worries but it sounds like the gent is still kicking back hard.

Was lucky, lucky may not the right word to use but you know what I mean, with the cancer. Due to him having a season ticket to nearly every dept. of the hospital it was caught really early and he responded to treatment extremely well for a bloke of his age and with his medical conditions.

Man of Honour
Holiday apartment searching going well in Brighton, have narrowed down the location to a couple of squares. It means it’ll take even longer to buy my new car, but it’ll be a fun thing to do with the wife.

Soldato
Spent the evening looking at houses with my girlfriend. Think she's finally come around to the idea that we'll never afford a house unless we leave London. Progress, I think?!

Just don’t make the mistake I did, and make an offer at asking on a house you didn’t like in the expectation of it getting rejected because the Mrs, who was contributing nothing to the deposit, moving and mortgage cots, fell in love with it and insisted that we make an offer.

Now I’m stuck with a £300,000 house, the biggest investment I’ll probably ever make, and I don’t even like it.

Sometimes, I envy the dead. :)

Soldato
Absolutely knackered this morning. Body aches all over, didn't get up in time to get dressed before my first meeting. Is this what I get for doing a small amount of DIY on Monday?

Just don’t make the mistake I did, and make an offer at asking on a house you didn’t like in the expectation of it getting rejected because the Mrs, who was contributing nothing to the deposit, moving and mortgage cots, fell in love with it and insisted that we make an offer.

Now I’m stuck with a £300,000 house, the biggest investment I’ll probably ever make, and I don’t even like it.

Sometimes, I envy the dead. :)
Jeeeez, that's fairly relatable. I'm likely to be providing most of the finance. I'll have to be careful if she finds somewhere I don't like. I think we're mostly on the same page but that's likely because I don't pay attention to decor :D

Caporegime
had a second awakening again this morning :/

Was sleeping with the window open slightly just a small gap to let some air in the room but keep anything else out.
I hear a frantic buzzing sound like a bee or house fly that has became pinned against the window by the airflow which wakes me up.
my body is still paralysed from waking up too fast, I can wiggle my fingers, toes, and move my eyes around.
I see on the far wall a house fly or something crawling on the wall and occasionally buzzing around.

I finally can get out of bed have regained the control of my body parts but there's nothing in the room, windows still a tiny gap, I checked every room in the house 3 times before figuring it out.

when my body stopped being paralysed was actually the moment I really woke up.

so annoying, happens a dozen times or so a year :/

I've only ever had it when I've lived near a busy road, I think every time must be because of a loud noise that snaps me out of REM or something

Makes me wonder what it's like to be in a COMA, could it be your fully aware of everything going on in the room, but your processing it through a dream like state where you think your awake.
I guess it would explain why some people feel as though they were concious during surgery or floating above their body.

Associate
had a second awakening again this morning :/

Was sleeping with the window open slightly just a small gap to let some air in the room but keep anything else out.
I hear a frantic buzzing sound like a bee or house fly that has became pinned against the window by the airflow which wakes me up.
my body is still paralysed from waking up too fast, I can wiggle my fingers, toes, and move my eyes around.
I see on the far wall a house fly or something crawling on the wall and occasionally buzzing around.

I finally can get out of bed have regained the control of my body parts but there's nothing in the room, windows still a tiny gap, I checked every room in the house 3 times before figuring it out.

when my body stopped being paralysed was actually the moment I really woke up.

so annoying, happens a dozen times or so a year :/

I've only ever had it when I've lived near a busy road, I think every time must be because of a loud noise that snaps me out of REM or something

Makes me wonder what it's like to be in a COMA, could it be your fully aware of everything going on in the room, but your processing it through a dream like state where you think your awake.
I guess it would explain why some people feel as though they were concious during surgery or floating above their body.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-paralysis/

Bugger.. i've had a few bouts of it , very unexplained .. It felt like some one was really pushing me down & i could hear the bed creaking and all. It passed eventually and have not had it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom