This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Worried as hell right now. Around tea time my Mother had a phone call from the nursing home where my old man is to say he'd contracted a chest infection and was currently being examined by paramedics, not good for someone as frail as he is that already suffers from COPD and asthma on top of his Parkinson's and dementia. Spoke to the nurse and the paramedics said that A&E at the hospital is rammed and is only accepting critical cases, other cases are currently waiting in ambulances, and that they'd set about treating him at the home. Had a phone call an hour or so back saying that the paramedics had decided that he needed to go to hospital and have bluelighted him up there. Thanks to Covid protocols we can't go up to be with him (only one person per patient apparently), thankfully though my Mother has been allowed to go up as she's going to take over from the nurse/carer from the nursing home who accompanied him in the ambulance.

So yeah, fun night ahead.

Sorry to year this. Hope things went ok over night. Not being able to be with him at this time must be awful.

Soldato
Whoop. Just been speaking to HMRC because my monthly pay has been erratic this year.

April - Bonus Paid
June - Final Payslip which gave me ~13 days paid holiday
July - First payslip which covered me for around 6 weeks so was inflated for that

As such i've been expecting a decent tax rebate now things have settled down as those inflated months caused a big spike in tax which would've pushed me into the 40% bracket had they carried on. August and September has come and gone and it's settled down to where it should be, but without that rebate.

Spoke to HMRC and i've been put onto some bizarre tax code, she updated the system and i'm due around £500 back next month :D

Associate
Whoop. Just been speaking to HMRC because my monthly pay has been erratic this year.

April - Bonus Paid
June - Final Payslip which gave me ~13 days paid holiday
July - First payslip which covered me for around 6 weeks so was inflated for that

As such i've been expecting a decent tax rebate now things have settled down as those inflated months caused a big spike in tax which would've pushed me into the 40% bracket had they carried on. August and September has come and gone and it's settled down to where it should be, but without that rebate.

Spoke to HMRC and i've been put onto some bizarre tax code, she updated the system and i'm due around £500 back next month :D

Happy times.... i had a windfall for something similar..

Soldato
Wasn't my day yesterday. Took delivery of the Royal Blue Nike Tech tracksuit I've been after for a while, since it's pretty hard to find nowadays and was looking forward to wearing it out.

Was walking to the opticians for an appointment and then they text to say "oh no it's tomorrow now". Walking back to the bakers and it chucked it down, while my mouse mat that just had a soapy wash got covered in dirty rain water... what a day that was.

Caporegime
Just got mugged at Waitrose. 50p for a ****ing carrier bag. If I had more than 1 bags worth, I'd have walked out but my innate laziness took over. :p
I've seen teenagers just walk out with a shopping basket in tesco and morrisons...
in tesco it was early so no one watches the doors and the few staff are busy stacking shelves.

in morrisons though it was like 8pm with a security guard at the door, I asked him what the point in him standing there was and he didn't even answer.

May as well be a cardboard cut out like they do with the police officers in some stores...

Soldato
Just got mugged at Waitrose. 50p for a ****ing carrier bag. If I had more than 1 bags worth, I'd have walked out but my innate laziness took over. :p
At my work, there are many, many customers that still never bring bags and today, it's the 6th anniversary of the charges being brought in, How do I know the date? My godson was born on that day and he's 6.

Also a point my colleagues and myself have noticed. Those who live in the large council estate the other side of the road never bring bags. Wonder why? Is it some sort of social stigma? I even served a few of these customers and needed a bag. The cost of bag took them over what they had in change. So had to void off one item to accommodate the bag. Even commented that perhaps you bring back the bag next time. They weren't impressed.

Those people who never bought a bag must have wasted about £400 on bags. The other week, I drove through the estate mentioned above on bin day. Could see overhanging from the bins, brand new carrier bags as bin bags. It's cheaper to buy a roll of bin bags (price per bag) plus bigger and tie them up properly. Whereas using a supermarket's bag for life, doing the bag up resorts in the sides not gathered up so if turned on side or upside down, the contents on the sides will fall out. As witnessed myself being a volunteer litter picker. As come across flytipping with bags like the above.

These people need to be educated to stop buying bags all the time and use bin bags for their rubbish.

Soldato
Anxiety is a little bitch.

Do you not feel all pumped up and energised?

Yeah, i always really struggle in that situation and need quite a while "downtime". If i just do an easy 5k or so i might be ok, but not anything which is more effort.

I remember when i used to play 5-a-side at 10pm and get home at close to midnight and not be able to sleep. Was really annoying.

Soldato
Yeah, quite scary he's not been around for nearly 3 weeks!

I spotted Manchester Orchestra were doing a gig, it's weird as i saw a post on Facebook saying things went on sale today at 10am, usually there's quite a lot of news to advertise it. I only got an email from Songkick telling me about it after it'd sold out!

I feel a bit bad, i messaged a mate to see if he wanted me to buy tickets, he said yes and that another mate would likely want to go. I messaged the 3rd guy and waited for a reply, having 3 tickets in my basket. By the time he got back to me (only ~40 mins), i'd lost those tickets and was only able to buy a single one and now it's sold out.

On the plus side, i'm alright, but i feel sorry for the first mate but would've had one had i not waited. In hindsight i should've just ordered 3 and then tried to find someone else to go if it ended up being spare, but never expected it to sell out so quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom