When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
So at 69p/kwh. And lets say 300watt/hours a mile. That means then its about 3-4 miles of charge for 69p??? Is that right? Thats more expensive than a petrol car. Is my maths right?
Almost..

@~20p/mile, based on motorway service petrol costs (£6.81/gallon) that is ~35MPG in a petrol/diesel..

It's ludicrous, most cars won't get near the 350kW those chargers can provide, and if they can, only for a small amount of the charge..

The more prevalent £0.30p/kWh chargers @ 100kW (or 50kW) are probably preferable, so for the same 3.33Miles/kWh consumption, that's 9p/mile which is effectively 75MPG in an ICE car

Soldato
Going electric when we can produce enough clean electricity and batteries don't rely on heavy metals from poorly managed mines and they have a sensible disposal policy.

Is 50% clean electricity not enough for you, you want it at 100%, 75%? As for poorly managed mines, I assume you buy nothing else that uses any minerals at all?

Soldato
Going electric when we can produce enough clean electricity and batteries don't rely on heavy metals from poorly managed mines and they have a sensible disposal policy.

A few years ago it was: Yeah well electric cars don't have the range
Or: Electric cars aren't fun (because you've driven them all I bet and the Model 3, i8, Taycan and E-Tron GT don't exist).
Now it's yeah they meet all the above criteria and are cleaner than my petrol/diesel but they still aren't clean enough. Are all those ICE cars built in the best run factories with zero impact on the worlds resources and the environment?

Some people will always find a reason that BEV is not viable. You aren't trying to convince anyone but yourself because most other people simple laugh at such fooish "red lines". I assume you have never ordered anything off Amazon due to their poor workforce practices?

It's the old, petrol/diesel and the cars that use them just magically appear at garages and dealerships waiting for you to show up defence.

Soldato
Just had our Hypervolt fitted today, looks pretty neat. The finish on the front isn’t what I’d expected - I thought it might be a smooth/glossy white plastic. It it has a coarse texture, a bit like stonechip from a Schultz gun so would blend in nicely against a rendered wall of a similar colour.

The app seems to do everything we’d need, including putting in a day/night tariff (i.e. Octopus Go) and setup scheduled charging. The leds can be very bright…they can also be off ;)

Just ordered one of these mate. Coming tomorrow. Can you post some pictures if you don't mind? Tia

Soldato
That is rather juvenile and will probably be well at home in a McDonalds/supermarket car park on an evening.

All it’s missing is some under-glow lights to complete the look.

Caporegime
why make a 429bhp concept car and in the same announcement it says production cars will only likely have 200bhp?

Why tease everybody? Everybody wants the 429bhp hot hatch not the 200bhp luke warm hatch.

Permabanned
why make a 429bhp concept car and in the same announcement it says production cars will only likely have 200bhp?

Why tease everybody? Everybody wants the 429bhp hot hatch not the 200bhp luke warm hatch.

Indeed, assume its the Cupra El Born, which I was interested in until I saw the figures. Maybe they will make some kind of Cupra R version or something down the line.

Caporegime
Indeed, assume its the Cupra El Born, which I was interested in until I saw the figures. Maybe they will make some kind of Cupra R version or something down the line.

Ah yes, the concept car said 0-60 of 2.9s and a 300 mile range and the actually car you can buy is only 7.3s to 60 (although it still has a 300+ mile range)

Perhaps they will do a hot version later with 2.9s time.

Soldato
Slightly confused here..

I have had a few dealers chasing me up on offers they made on an IONIQ5, firstly I'm surprised they are already willing to give me a discount (maybe sales aren't all that!) but on emailing the offers over two of them mention the vehicle will be subject to the 5 year additional VED surcharge of £335pa due to being >£40k.. I've got other offers have that as a listed item but have '£0'.. And checking the gov uk website, it looks like Zero Emission vehicles are subject to the additional VED..

Is this just some dealers being daft and their quote system not knowing Zero Emission vehicles don't qualify or does it actually apply?

Back
Top Bottom