WBAC Values

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
With the WBAC offers still going up on the M5, this morning I really seriously considered selling it and just not having a performance car for a while ie just rolling around in the FFRR. The plan at the moment is to keep the M5 for 2 more years (which is going to take some self discipline!) and then switch it for a 599 (or maybe a 430, if the right car twists my arm).

That thought lasted all of about an hour until I went out in it. I don't think I want to go a couple of years without a car like that, switching it to anything at all at the moment feels like a stupid thing to do financially as we're clearly in a massive bubble. So I guess I have to endure 2 more years of M5 ownership... ;)

Caporegime
With the WBAC offers still going up on the M5, this morning I really seriously considered selling it and just not having a performance car for a while ie just rolling around in the FFRR. The plan at the moment is to keep the M5 for 2 more years (which is going to take some self discipline!) and then switch it for a 599 (or maybe a 430, if the right car twists my arm).

That thought lasted all of about an hour until I went out in it. I don't think I want to go a couple of years without a car like that, switching it to anything at all at the moment feels like a stupid thing to do financially as we're clearly in a massive bubble. So I guess I have to endure 2 more years of M5 ownership... ;)
A difficult choice. Such is the burden some must bear!

OcUK Staff
OP

What M5 is it?
Regarding a 599 drive one before you consider it, they are absolutely huge on the road, one of the widest Ferrari's made, the F12 that came after got slimmed down somewhat to make it more fun on the road and the F12 is a far better car, 430 is a better choice also but of course the V8 mid-engine cars are somewhat rather raw whereas the V12 cars are very good GT's.

Not sure on 599 values but it seems 430's are on the up, F12 seem stable and 812's are still coming down.

Caporegime
how much is outstanding is relatively irrelevant, how much did you pay?

I've managed to trace the 430i that I sold to WBAC through to a dealership. History of that car:

BMW 430i Gran Coupe, Feb 2019 car.

1) Bought November 2019 with 10k miles for £24,900 approved used.
2) August 2021 - BMW offered me £24k trade-in . WBAC gave me £25,100 after all admin fees, having knocked £40 off for a stone chip.
3) It went through auction 3 days later, and sold for £26,200 (friend in the trade gets full list of sold cars and we could identify it from that).
4) It took 3 weeks, but as of Monday, it went up for sale for £27,999 at Motorpoint in Yorkshire.

What's even more annoying is that I actually got motorpoint to give me a quote to sell it to them whilst shopping around, and they only offered £24,500, so why on earth they were happy to pay £26,200 from BCA I'm really not sure! That extra £1,100 would've been better in my pocket :D Would've made my ridiculously "under-priced" 440i upgrade £50 :)

To be far it probably went up £1,100 in those three days :p

Soldato
Prices are mad, WBAC offered £17,315 and Evans Halshaw just offered £17,770 for my Fiesta st line x 140. Nearly 2 grand more than I paid for it. Both offers on line as usual.

Soldato
It's mainly because new cars are so hard to get due to chip shortage. I have a feeling that it'll last for a year-two before going back to "normal" once more factories are open and production can keep up.

Soldato
It's mainly because new cars are so hard to get due to chip shortage. I have a feeling that it'll last for a year-two before going back to "normal" once more factories are open and production can keep up.
By then, we'll have cars that are speed limited by the GPS data. So older cars will just keep their value.

Soldato

Which M5?

Can't beat the classic 1999 model ;)

Soldato
By then, we'll have cars that are speed limited by the GPS data. So older cars will just keep their value.
The speed limiters that only warn you? Or speed limiters like Volvo has for e.g. 112mph? My JDM Toyota crown is limited to 112mph ish and I honestly have no issues with that.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
What M5 is it?
Regarding a 599 drive one before you consider it, they are absolutely huge on the road, one of the widest Ferrari's made, the F12 that came after got slimmed down somewhat to make it more fun on the road and the F12 is a far better car, 430 is a better choice also but of course the V8 mid-engine cars are somewhat rather raw whereas the V12 cars are very good GT's.

Not sure on 599 values but it seems 430's are on the up, F12 seem stable and 812's are still coming down.

F10 M5 :)

I want a GT car, I enjoy long drives down to the South of France, Austria, Switzerland etc and I don't think I would enjoy that as much in a mid-engined car with all the luggage compromises the Mrs will complain bitterly about... The 612 is out because... look at it. I think F12s are out of the realms of being sensible. If I really, really went crazy I'd want to do it on a V8 car and get something like a 458 just to take less of a hit financially - we all know the V12 cars suffer from substantially more depreciation.

OcUK Staff
OP
F10 M5 :)

I want a GT car, I enjoy long drives down to the South of France, Austria, Switzerland etc and I don't think I would enjoy that as much in a mid-engined car with all the luggage compromises the Mrs will complain bitterly about... The 612 is out because... look at it. I think F12s are out of the realms of being sensible. If I really, really went crazy I'd want to do it on a V8 car and get something like a 458 just to take less of a hit financially - we all know the V12 cars suffer from substantially more depreciation.

Well I can highly recommend a 458, they have bottomed and are moving up slowly so still good value at current prices and you can get two large suitcases in the frunk along with some other bits and also soft bags behind the seats.

We did 8 days touring Scotland in ours and managed, fine on motorways at any speed but incredible on the Scottish roads, wet mod for cruising and chilling and race mode for attacking a road. Go drive one just be warned you will want one, insane event to drive and very special. :)

Soldato
The speed limiters that only warn you? Or speed limiters like Volvo has for e.g. 112mph? My JDM Toyota crown is limited to 112mph ish and I honestly have no issues with that.
No ones that will force you to keep to the speed limit by reducing engine power to suite

Back
Top Bottom