OLD SKOOL CS PLAYERS (1.3-1.6)

Associate
Another thread resurrection (sorry!)

I'm on a bit of a nostalgia kick right now and I've some very fond formative memories of CS back in the old dialup days! When I went off to uni I completely fell out of contact with everyone as I couldn't play CS for a year on the connection in my uni accommodation. What a blast from the past it is seeing those old clan names! I'd love to get in touch with any of the old Wireplay CS bunch - I used to play as Artemis in clan Kitana waaaaay back in 2000-2002ish

Soldato
Played 1.3-1.6 a hell of a lot in my college days.

Mainly on the Wireplay servers too I seem to remember.

Was decent but never got that much into Clans etc. I remember some of the old admins, OldNick, Messiah.

Used to play as TonyTheTiger (hence the name here, I've been here for a long time too!). Had some great chat key binds as you can imagine :p

Associate
I played since the early days of beta through to 1.6. Played less between 1.3 and 1.6 than before it though! Don't remember the clan you're talking about, but I used to be in =TE= (Tactical Elite), my bro was in 4D (4th Dimension) which were UK no.1 for a good while I believe. Before I left for the states, I was trialling for B!TCH, who then formed 4k.cs, but had to leave due to the fact I was going to be away for a year. Ah well, missed opportunities, eh? :D

played with a couple of 4k players and the backup player used to team with us god they where good

I played at a decent level but couldnt touch a decent international standard player

my friend Trep was scotlands captain in the nations cup

Associate
Wow - was just talking to my old team mates, reminiscing about the good old 1.6 days, sadly forgotten a lot of it! Thought I'd start to try gather any information / photos from the web about the fun times, stumbled across this thread and the memories are starting to flood back! Still can't remember half our LANS we attended...

Stumbled across our what I believe was our first or third LAN, some photos: ESR - (Archive) The IT-Centre Northampton (esreality.com) - It's got a few names people might remember there.

I'm gonna keep digging!

Righteous
clanONE

Soldato
Ooo I remember you, big team back in the day

Best team I was in was 6kittens which became Lastchance, we might have played on clanbase at one point

Soldato
That site takes me back! I can remember all those old teams and names like it was yesterday.

I was in 6K for a little while but not Lastchance. Was in M2S back in the early days of Wireplay/Barrysworld with Stoney Strider KingKiller Brim Bom, I remember Bom(BombayRoll) being amazing. I swear I was in 4D too at one point, I was in so many teams

(seem to recall that Mangiacapra guy was one of the best at the time, very satisfying :D)

Yeh he was one of the best UK players, he went by the name of Liquid before that

Man of Honour
Just flicking through my old screenshots - I'd forgotten how much I played CS and CSS - so many rounds lost to the mists of time. Also forgot how many clans I played for including UKFC who did fairly well for awhile.

Preferred DOD though - I always struggled with consistency in CS for some reason - some days I'd be hitting everything other days was like I was firing blanks - DOD I was just always on.

Associate
Spent too much of my late teens and early 20s on CS, what an amazing game and a brilliant community.

Used to be one of the God admins on UK2 and was leader of *MgK* - top 5 in clan base and did pretty well in ECSL only losing to bomb the base from Israel on de_nuke

Would give my all to go back 20 years and do it all again. Can you still change cl_interp and your rate?

Associate
Back
Top Bottom