OLD SKOOL CS PLAYERS (1.3-1.6)

yeah they changed the game to be more competitive. they destroyed the "fun"server aspect of it all as you cannot search for them in game.

also VAC hardly ever gets updated and cheating is rife. apparently it's impossible to detect mouse hacks which give you no recoil, etc.

I don't mind the competitive side of csgo, but the focus of skins and ranking etc destroyed it for me. People arguing and saying you must be a cheater if you aren't silver and are playing good. Then as you rightly point out, people using more advance ways to cheat more than ever. The fact it is do obvious as well and it has become the norm, makes it worse - with lots of people unable to differentiate between cheaters and skilled players. I just can't be bothered. I play mp games to have competitive fun, and you're definitely right it isn't really fun anymore when you have that happening.

For anyone interested there's a fb group called "counter-strike beta 6.1" they organise little events every other Friday night. I've yet to join them but planning on keeping my time free for the next event that pops up. Not talking massive numbers but they get enough players on to have a good laugh :-)

I played cs when beta 5 came out. I got it on a disc with a pc gamer magazine. Before that I was into TFC, so it was no surprise I became hooked on cs also.

My favourite era was between beta 6 and v1.5. After that it went downhill for me personally with 1.6. I didn't like the changes to the models

Yeah that's what did my nut in when 1.6 came out how the arm/gun skins had been changed and that knife! Ugh..Looked like crap.
When I do play these days it's with 1.5 transformation pack (for 1.6) all player models/arms/guns from 1.5. Can just try and 'pretend' it's not 1.6 lol.
-nosmaa -nostretchaspect in the launch parameter too. (Pretty sure that's correct)

UKLA, Last Rites, 4k, Infinity Esports, 6 Kittens, Numbers, Clan One, Nocturne, Xtra, Forsaken, Monkey Magic, SCEE, Does Not Compute, Eikosia, ERM, Twisted Reality, Tag, C4u, Choke, Zebras, FCC, Caution!, Uninspired, S9, Goodgame, E9, Extreme, Team3d, g3neration, X3,

lol was just trying to look up my old CS teams, I was in 6kittens

Very, very old skool frag movie from my clan. The clips were only collected over like a 3-4 week period ha. Reality made it big in CS Source for Birmingham Salvo with Rattlesnake and Wez. Think he changed his nickname to pt instead of Reality.

Lot of memories from 1.6 and before. Scotland vs England :D Getting rekt by Kardy who was on another level to be fair.

I started playing in 1999 but I can't remember which version. Pretty sure it was out of beta though.

Fantastic game though, probably the most fun I've had with an online shooter.

Those were the golden days of PC gaming for me, where communities were built from games like CS < 1.3. LANs etc, met some good friends over the years and still keep in touch with some of them.

The [OcUK] clan, bs.cs, I remember GSV, [JP], fcut and GFFM fondly as well.

Good days.

Good says indeed, still talk to some of the old guys, CS lead to various other games, IL2 squadron MArlins was formed from friendships made in CS Hat, Dak, Cocopops, Tumble, Lowe and a few others, some of the old OcUK guys joined GSV and we had many a LAN at my old house, Jases house, Hat's place, Zak33's and so on..

Kids these days just don't get it lol

Reminds me I need to pull down all the OcUK/iSeries/GFFM/Oxted LAN pics off Photobucket before it finally kicks me off.

And yeah, the IRL fish one is in there IIRC.

I was looking for my Scouse Paul I dream of Beardeh photo. Can't find it anywhere :(

There was another thread like this for old school CS members, I'm sure it was in there.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/old-counter-strike-players.18044588/

102-0295_IMG.jpg

Actual trout.

Jokin.

Back
Top Bottom