*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Not sure what the situation is now but 3rd party docks/dongles had bricking issues. I got a second dock then reshelled it to this, made it far more portable to carry around.
That’s my worry. Risking bricking it is not worth it. With the dock internals being different on the OLED making my own may be a little trickier, although I have access to 3D printers.

Soldato
I know people that own zelda breath of wild so will be borrowing that (the main reason I bought a switch tbh)

See you in six months, then we can talk about other games.

Seriously though the Switch library is fantastically vast, what games are you into? Roguelikes and Metroidvania's are aplenty.

Soldato
FYI - if your local has stock, Tesco currently doing Metroid AND White Switch OLED for £329 as a bundle. (£20 off)

Can't knock that seeing as the game is at least £35 everywhere else. If you have discount there, even better. I have a family member with discount who was willing to grab for me; so have to admit I bit at the discounted price; under £300 for Switch and game.

Much as I wasn't originally planning to upgrade; I have now seen so many positive reports on the new model; that as money was not really an issue, I couldn't resist the upgrades for essentially the price of a standard Switch, given I was 100% buying Metroid anyway in the coming days.

Screen Protectors for the wife's just turned up this afternoon; so we're going to unbox them in the next couple of days when we're not short on time/having to rush and transfer everything/copy the microSD card etc.

The improvements to the handheld experience may well make me more more inclined to play it that way rather than docked too.

Last edited:
Soldato
My switch was delivered on the weekend.

Currently don't own a single game, though am away atm.

What's worth playing? I know people that own zelda breath of wild so will be borrowing that (the main reason I bought a switch tbh)

My favourite switch games so far are:
Zelda BOTW
Zelda Link's Awakening
Super Mario Oddysey
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Dread is £34.99 at Currys with code GAMENEXTDAY.
Mine arrived yesterday from there. Finally my Switch will get some bloody use. Had a quick go and very impressed with the game. Wish Nintendo would let more third party developers use their IP.

Would love to see a new Punch Out and F-Zero games.

Associate
With the success of the THPS remake I do wonder whether we'll see a resurgence in snowboarding games. Surely 1080 is going to get added to the Switch Online list of N64 games if it's not already there.

Soldato
Just saw the Animal Crossing video they released earlier today. Looks like a good content patch actually; a LOT of things people had asked for in this one:

• Coffee Shop
  • New Shopping Plaza
  • Kap'n's Boat Rides/Islands
  • Island Ordinances
  • New Items
  • New licenses (ceiling and accent wall decorating, more bridges on an island, new housing designs etc)
  • New Storage Expansions
  • Upgraded Camera App
  • New Clothes customisation / wall and floor design options
  • New Hairstyles
  • New Reactions
  • Cooking
  • New KK Songs
  • Growing Veg/Fruit (not sure how basic this will be)
  • Outdoor Storage (connected to house storage)
  • Outdoor Cash Dispenser
  • Gyroids
  • New permanent placeable ladders
  • New movement options (can now get through narrow gaps)
  • New Villager Interactions

The only downside to this is that it specifically mentions at the end this is the last free content update for ACNH.
To me, the fact they spell that out means they're either now working on paid expansions/DLC, or alternatively potentially have moved onto the next title in the series.

As there MAY be a Switch 2/Switch 4K coming in the next couple of years; I can see some sense in that mindset; especially if upgraded hardware means they could make the island bigger/not have to deal with some of the performance restrictions ACNH clearly has. There is clearly a LOT of content in this 2.0 patch, it a shame they didn't release this in multiple smaller patches to keep the game fresher for longer. Still feels kinda light compared to ACNL however :(

Soldato
Just saw the Animal Crossing video they released earlier today. Looks like a good content patch actually; a LOT of things people had asked for in this one:

• Coffee Shop
  • New Shopping Plaza
  • Kap'n's Boat Rides/Islands
  • Island Ordinances
  • New Items
  • New licenses (ceiling and accent wall decorating, more bridges on an island, new housing designs etc)
  • New Storage Expansions
  • Upgraded Camera App
  • New Clothes customisation / wall and floor design options
  • New Hairstyles
  • New Reactions
  • Cooking
  • New KK Songs
  • Growing Veg/Fruit (not sure how basic this will be)
  • Outdoor Storage (connected to house storage)
  • Outdoor Cash Dispenser
  • Gyroids
  • New permanent placeable ladders
  • New movement options (can now get through narrow gaps)
  • New Villager Interactions

The only downside to this is that it specifically mentions at the end this is the last free content update for ACNH.
To me, the fact they spell that out means they're either now working on paid expansions/DLC, or alternatively potentially have moved onto the next title in the series.

As there MAY be a Switch 2/Switch 4K coming in the next couple of years; I can see some sense in that mindset; especially if upgraded hardware means they could make the island bigger/not have to deal with some of the performance restrictions ACNH clearly has. There is clearly a LOT of content in this 2.0 patch, it a shame they didn't release this in multiple smaller patches to keep the game fresher for longer. Still feels kinda light compared to ACNL however :(

there is DLC, 'happy Home Paradise', it is included in the new online expansion sub.

Back
Top Bottom