Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Commissario
I'm so pleased that we'll be back to GMT (UTC, Z, etc) this coming weekend.

We invented time, we invented Greenwich, we invented longitude and we invented clocks*

We'll be back to proper time again... BST can go swivel.

Everyone gets an extra hour sleep, everyone can be happy. GMT is the bestest!

NdqdhqX.png

*some of this may not be entirely factual

Permabanned
As someone who will now have to excercise off lead eight black (and two brown) dogs in the pitch dark, I don't share your glee I'm afraid. My nationalistic pride in the Greenwich meridian is as strong as anyone's, but it is tempered when one of the ******* has run off and can't be seen or found for ages :)

Soldato
Meh whilst i welcome an extra hours sleep on the Sunday, and it's nice that mornings are lighter again for a couple of weeks, it does mean that the dark evenings come earlier. There's no joy in finishing work and it being pitch black.

As someone who will now have to excercise off lead eight black (and two brown) dogs in the pitch dark, I don't share your glee I'm afraid. My nationalistic pride in the Greenwich meridian is as strong as anyone's, but it is tempered when one of the ******* has run off and can't be seen or found for ages :)

You'll need to get a set of harnesses with flashing LEDs on them. Maybe pick a colour for each dog so you know which one is which. :cry:

Soldato

Get some flashy LED collars, I've a couple for my hounds.

I use these, the best ones I've tried so far... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077YKQ19N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works out a bit pricey for 10 dogs though!

Soldato
As much as I hate winter due to SAD, in the short term this could help me a bit on the return to work, I've had a non-Covid lurgy for ~2.5 weeks which has made getting up before 1000 a struggle... On work days I have to be up before 0600. :eek:

Soldato
One thing I don’t understand is how my timer for hot water and heating knows which Sundays the clocks change as done automatically. Been through all the different displays and can’t find a date! Plus the immersion heater. Got a heat source pump but water only heats to 62c. Have the IH on for 20 mins a day (minimum time) to top water to 65c as legionella kills at 64c.

On the subject of heat source pumps, which the govt want most of us to have- hopefully they will get more engineers. As have a two yearly service and very few engineers that do this. Mitsubishi- the manufacturers of the hsp won’t touch the internal parts that doesn’t have their name on. Think for every 200 gas engineers, there’s just one heat source pump engineer. That’s in my area, unsure about other areas.

Soldato
My mum got the clock change the wrong way round. She moved the clocks forward instead of backwards. Back in those days, she had no tv and didn’t really go out apart from the having a meal with her grandmother about 1 in 3 Sundays.
She turned up to work wondering why the building was unlit and front doors locked. The caretaker came to unlock the doors and he said it’s actually 6:30am! Mum thought it was 8:30am. Mum went to a cafe down the road to kill off the 2 hours!

Soldato
At least this year we're able to enjoy all of October on BST. It sucks when the last weekend falls six days before the last day of the month resulting in a lost week of BST :(

Back
Top Bottom