Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

V F

V F

Soldato
The worst part can be dark by 3:30pm until 8:45am. That's bloody depressing. Positive vibes comes from hours and hours of sunlight.

Soldato
One thing I don’t understand is how my timer for hot water and heating knows which Sundays the clocks change as done automatically. Been through all the different displays and can’t find a date! Plus the immersion heater. Got a heat source pump but water only heats to 62c. Have the IH on for 20 mins a day (minimum time) to top water to 65c as legionella kills at 64c.

On the subject of heat source pumps, which the govt want most of us to have- hopefully they will get more engineers. As have a two yearly service and very few engineers that do this. Mitsubishi- the manufacturers of the hsp won’t touch the internal parts that doesn’t have their name on. Think for every 200 gas engineers, there’s just one heat source pump engineer. That’s in my area, unsure about other areas.

Your heat pump should not be putting out 62C. It'll be deeply, deeply inefficient at that point. They're designed to supply water at around 45C! You should probably have a heat exchanger for your DHW to avoid having to blast the water up to 65C for legionella.

This is the problem with the government's plan - no one knows how to integrate heat pumps in existing properties properly.

Also: heat pump.

Soldato
One slight annoyance with changing clocks is the one in my car. Buttons are too small and I use a pair of tweezers. The clock only goes forward by minutes. When near the new time, I have to press the buttons slowly otherwise I will need to go through almost 24 hours of minutes again!

Caporegime
Its stupid, even down to how many people die because of it each year

Recent research by the RAC Foundation confirms that road traffic collisions increase by 19 per cent in the fortnight after putting the clocks back one hour from British Summer Time (BST) to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), and they reduce by 11 per cent when we put the clocks forward onto BST. This is repeated every year.

Permabanned
One slight annoyance with changing clocks is the one in my car. Buttons are too small and I use a pair of tweezers. The clock only goes forward by minutes. When near the new time, I have to press the buttons slowly otherwise I will need to go through almost 24 hours of minutes again!

Well the clock in my Volvo has a stripped gear on the shaft of its adjustment knob, so the only way to correct the time properly is to disconnect the battery and set an alarm on my phone for the time the car's clock is currently indicating, and at that moment reconnect the battery again. Needles to say I just put a piece of paper on the dashboard saying "add 3 hours 24 minutes" Never, ever buy a used car from a mechanic....

Last edited:
Associate
Yay the start of taking Vitamin D tablets and preferring to be in our Snake and reptile room where the temperatures are a minimum of 27 Celsius. Im fine up to Christmas but once the 3rd of January hits I’d rather it hurry up and get to Spring.
Can’t stand short days, grey and miserable looking countryside. Roll on the lush green and blue skies and mild 15-25 Celsius days.

Soldato
I find more exercise and getting out as much as possible gets me through without any issues. My mum hates winter but she has a SAD light that she swears by.

Soldato
Well the clock in my Volvo has a stripped gear on the shaft of its adjustment knob, so the only way to correct the time properly is to disconnect the battery and set an alarm on my phone for the time the car's clock is currently indicating, and at that moment reconnect the battery again. Needles to say I just put a piece of paper on the dashboard saying "add 3 hours 24 minutes" Never, ever buy a used car from a mechanic....
Yes I'm sure a main dealer would have inspected that clock adjustment gear as part of their pre-handover checks. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom