Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I love voice typing as well. I can't stop using it just because of how well it does it. You can even do emojis with it which is brilliant
Yes, yes you can. Unfortunately they don't work on these forums :(

Also, no issues with the fingerprint sensor at all. In fact I think it's better than my old mate 20 Pro which required a good firm press on the fingerprint sensor to get it to work most times

Soldato
Anyone got an EE eSIM working with the Pro yet? Mine wouldn’t work at all, and still waiting for the EE tech team to get back to me. They did say the problem is at their end.
Took Vodafone two hours. They needed the EID number, once they had that I didn't even need to scan a code it just worked somehow.

Associate
What screen protector is everyone using?

My P6 got delivered from CPW today (no dispatch email or anything yesterday).

Associate
Well up to yet, my experience with my pixel 6 pro is pretty good.

The general smoothness of the phone seems all good, need a case cause it slips about like its covered in lube. And the fingerprint scanner actually seems better than the one on my S20 Ultra, but its weird it lights up bright as all hell when ya do scan ya fingerprint.

Caporegime
You got over the lack of swiping on shortcuts pretty quickly! ;)
I've just gone ahead and installed Nova 7 on my P6P as I fancied making my home screen look less cluttered, as I have done in the past. I stopped using third party launchers with my 5ii as Sony haven't implemented the API for third party launchers to hook into the animations when using gestures so it looked horrid.

I've got swipe up to open another app on all of my dock icons (swipe up on dialer opens duo for example) And a couple of folders on the home screen which run the first app when tapped but open a folder on swipe.
Much cleaner :D Turned off labels on the home screen too! 5x6 grid both home screen and drawer, and of course disabled single-line labels in the drawer because I can't stand the labels getting cut off!

Oh and double tap to sleep!

My issues, might not have been the same as yours ;)

Still not changed, as I quite like at a glance and the way the icons/keyboard/etc change depending on the background.

Might do down the line,but going to try it for a while first.

Soldato
Pixel 6 delivered today and pretty much all set up. I'm coming from a Huawei mate 20 so a flagship of a few years back. It's nowhere near as slippery as my mate 20 Pro and much nicer to hold without a case on it, I may end up using this caseless and just with a leather sleeve.

There's a few things to get used to in Android 12, but I'm liking a lot of the tweaks and quality of life stuff like the now playing and the home controls directly from the lock screen. The screen even though it's only 1080p is much nicer than the mate 20 Pro, it has much more pop and contrast and is in no way a downgrade.
Haven't tried the camera yet, but the voice typing is quite frankly amazing. I'm actually writing this whole post now using just voice typing and it's putting in proper grammar and punctuation!

A couple of issues though. Firstly the old charger for my mate 20 Pro which is a 40 watt charger does not charge the phone at all. So looks like I'm gonna need to buy a new charger. Secondly, the volume and power buttons are the opposite way round. Deal breaker!
The haptics are extremely nice, especially the one where you press to hold and change the wallpaper on e home screen and just in general it feels like a nice premium product, and easily equal to my old flagship phone of 3 years ago.

I'll try to get some pictures over the weekend with my proper camera with a comparison to the mate 20 Pro as it's exactly the same size. But obviously the technology has moved on in 3 years so there's a large difference in feel using the device.

This post was brought to you by the Google pixel 6 voice typing with only minute corrections in grammar and spelling!
I've had more or less a very similar experience. I'm doing this whole post from voice to text and I cannot believe how good it is.
I use the liquid air case it feels like it fits the phone very well and it overlaps the screen. Meaning if there is any drops you would be fully protected, It also feels very nice.

The overall smoothness of the phone is incredible and comparison to my mate 20.

I actually had a huge scare yesterday and dropped my phone with my liquid air case on and the phone bounced like a ball, not a single scratch.

Soldato
Not a big deal at all tbh. Blown way out of proportion.

I think the problem is, it's the one thing you have to do every time you use your phone, so if it's now 92% success instead of 99% success, that is actually quite a big deal.

I also wonder if some people just have fingers that don't work as well with optical FPS? I had to send a OnePlus back once as it was about 40% accurate, while everyone else said it was fine.

Soldato
Anyone using the official Google case on their phone?

Any good?

Who's all going without case and screen protector?

I am. Looks pretty good to me. I was concerned the clear one was going to be a hard plastic but it isn't. Provides a nice minimalist overlap across the edges.

Soldato
Returned my P6, apart from the screen pretty much felt like a downgrade from my P5 - probably an unpopular opinion here but feels like it's been rushed out. Battery life was extremely poor, I'm no power user either.

I don't think it's about how popular the opinion is, I think it just might not align with others experience. For me the P6 is quicker and smoother, the speaker for phone calls can't not be better... possibly the speakers in general are better, although it's negligible. The camera will likely be negligible too, but the difference is more likely to be apparent when shooting in low light which I've not really done yet. Already the battery has improved to 'okay to good' for me (honestly you can't judge it as quick as you have, there's too much battery learning these days).

The FPS is worse and you could argue from a personal point the size is worse.

Soldato
Not trying to be a smart **** mate! Am just surprised that there are phones that amount larger than a phone people are already whinging is too big!
The phone size seems fine to me, its not a great deal longer than my 5ii, but is a noticeable amount wider. Similar to when I had a 7 Pro, get used to the size pretty quickly!

Read that wrong then fella , my mistake. Actually missing the Mate 20x's screen size to be honest , gave the UI a less cluttered feeling than the Pro does.

Back
Top Bottom