Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I had issues this morning with Android Auto to the point that I left it disconnected and listened to the radio instead. The battery icon on the screen was flickering between charging and a full battery constantly before it disconnected.
Wonder if it struggles with what to do with power when the battery is fully charged. When I drove home after work yesterday there was no issues, but the battery was around 70% so was taking a charge normally.

Wonder if there's some bug then! Sounds like it if it's disconnecting when charging finishes.

I'm still shocked at how crap the sensor is :D really hope it's software and not hardware related. I can just about unlock my phone with it. Never had anything as bad if I'm honest. Sounds like majority have no issues with it so wonder if my finger print is funky

Soldato
Anyone finding major issues with Bluetooth and usb connectivity. I connected my phone to Android auto today and it was worse than useless.
My s10e previously did disconnect a few times in a journey but seemed to settle down after 10 minutes and keep a connection. The 6 this morning just constantly connected then disconnected using same cable as was used before. I had to end up disconnecting it.
I now find that my android wear watches can't keep a Bluetooth connection and are almost immediately disconnecting after being paired.
Teething problems i hope.

No issues here with an hour of driving connected to Android Auto with Spotify and Maps running the whole time.

Also 45 mins on bluetooth to my headphones and no issues either.

But if you are having problems, I expect you're right that they are just teething problems and will be fixed.

Associate
'm still shocked at how crap the sensor is :D really hope it's software and not hardware related. I can just about unlock my phone with it. Never had anything as bad if I'm honest. Sounds like majority have no issues with it so wonder if my finger print is funky
Honestly Ive had the sensor on my Pixel work better than the sensor ever did on my S20 ultra, only time I have a "problem" unlocking is sometimes I move my thumb off by accident

Associate
Yeah I'm having weird charging issues which I think is related to the adaptive charging. Also with Android auto it seems fine and keeps connection but sometimes stops charging, it was on about 40% so it should be accepting some juice.

Tempted to turn off adaptive charging but doesn't that prolong the life of the battery.

Soldato
Honestly Ive had the sensor on my Pixel work better than the sensor ever did on my S20 ultra, only time I have a "problem" unlocking is sometimes I move my thumb off by accident
I have just removed my old finger print and went to re add a new one, the whole add finger print design changed. Have a feeling that it was the recent updates. Will see how it behaves now.

Associate
I have just removed my old finger print and went to re add a new one, the whole add finger print design changed. Have a feeling that it was the recent updates. Will see how it behaves now.
Maybe an update sorted it.

My main issue with the phone at the minute is transferring all my main stuff as I wanted to "start fresh" like a moron :D

Associate
I have reboot my phone and wear watch a couple of times and the Bluetooth connection seems to have settled down between them. That has allowed me to add the watch as a trusted device whilst i wait on a screen protector that allows the fingerprint reader to work.
What i find confusing is that the spigen screen protector allows your print to be read to set your fingerprint but then does not recognise it when trying to unlock phone.
I would have thought with it being an optical reader that it would have worked through plain glass.
Might try resetting all prints again after reading the content from grudas above.
Cheers folks.

Soldato
Does anyone know a way to get the torch on with a shortcut? On my OP 7T you could just draw a V on the screen with your finger and the torch would come on even with the screen not woken up or anything. Dying to get something similar on here. Perhaps one of the two bottom buttons on the lockscreen can be configured for torch, but I can't find how to do that.

Soldato
Does anyone know a way to get the torch on with a shortcut? On my OP 7T you could just draw a V on the screen with your finger and the torch would come on even with the screen not woken up or anything. Dying to get something similar on here. Perhaps one of the two bottom buttons on the lockscreen can be configured for torch, but I can't find how to do that.

Can you change the double tap from taking a screenshot to activating the torch?

Man of Honour
Do you mean camera rather than screenshot? I'd rather keep that if I can. Just realised press and hold power will launch assistant, and I can tell that to turn torch on or off. Not perfect but actually pretty good.
You can change the double tap to a few different things, I've got double press of the power button launching camera and double tap launching photos

Associate
Pixel 6 Coming from a Pixel 2XL. The size is the same more or less, all though it looks narrower. The transfer process was a breeze with the wire for my phone and using the Google back up of the misses (also Pixel 6) phone as it wouldn't power on. Everything transferred over perfectly.
The speed and smoothness is obviously a lot better. I am a builder and my hands get dirty and rough but I've not had any issues with the finger print scanner. I added my other hand today and the scanner now scans the sides and tip of your finger so that's updated since I did it last.
The official case is very good and I will be sticking with that one. The bluetooth worked perfect and picked up all my old devices included my fitbit Versa.
First time using gestures and I nearly went back to the 3 buttons but I stuck with it and quite like it now. I normally use swiftkey for my keyboard but thought I'd give Gboard a go for the voice typing and it is amazing so I will stick with that for now.
Battery is a beast, using it all morning taking pictures and videos at work and it's still on 95%. Unplugged at 6am. The adaptive charging it a nice feature and good idea.
I like the double tap to screenshot and power button for assistant.
The camera is like everyone is saying, 80% great pictures and 20% bleh. I loved the 2XL camera, pictures were perfect every time. The video on the Pixel 6 that I shot in 4K 60fps is amazing though along with the mic sound.
The speakers are better than I was expecting. The sound from another person on a phone call I found a bit weird, I thought it was coming from the bottom speaker. I put it on speaker as it was crazy. Need to test that again.
Still so much to explore but it's early days for both Android 12 and the phone so I expect things to only get better with time. I don't think there is anything I don't like atm, still exploring though. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I've actually never ran one in my life on a phone but since I was comparing it to my current phone yesterday in all kinds of ways I've ran some. Does seem to throttle very quickly in GPU intensive taks so maybe something to consider if you game a lot, as my current phone only started to slow down on loop 18. I don't play games though so not really bothered.

ikgvXz4.png

Soldato
The absolute state of the AOD on this phone.

Currently sat on my desk under my monitor. AOD has completely shut off. No idea why...

Google should rename it 'Sort Of Always On Display When It Feels Like It'

EDIT: Used the phone for a bit, then left it and came back 10 mins later. Now the AOD is only showing the gesture bar. Nothing else.

EDIT2: Powered up my P5. AOD not showing on there either. Google wot u doin. AOD on Android 11 worked so good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried some benchmarks last night, comparing my p6 to my flip 3 - I know benchmarks are controversial but the p6 handily beat the flip 3 across the board.
I mean flip 3 runs snappy 888 so no surprise. Benchmarks are irrelevant. My GFS flip 3 often slows down and sits there my p5 flew through things and p6 is the same.

Back
Top Bottom