Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
My issues, might not have been the same as yours ;)

Still not changed, as I quite like at a glance and the way the icons/keyboard/etc change depending on the background.

Might do down the line,but going to try it for a while first.

Changing the launcher will only effect the launcher colours.
Your keyboard, the icon on the notification shade, settings etc will still respect the system wide settings.
The app icon colours changing will be good if/when third party apps are allowed in on the action. Until then a third party theme pack will always look better and not mismatched.

Associate
I got the spigen liquid air, used these type of cases on previous Samsung's i had. Great fit, good grip, feels substantial enough without adding lots of bulk. Just a pity about their screen protector.

Associate
Anyone using the official Google case on their phone?

Any good?

Who's all going without case and screen protector?

I don't mind the Google case on the Pro at all, feels grippy enough, looks like it'll hold up against minor drops and dings and my hand hasn't cramped up using it yet. If I had to complain about one thing it'd be I'm used to swiping from the very bottom and this case puts a lip around the bottom (function over form I guess) but that's a super minor complaint.

They really should have copied Oneplus and included a case though, the slipperyness of the phone is by far it's most glaring issue.

Soldato
I'm getting slightly less battery than I did on my OnePlus Nord with the same or similar usage. The Nord obviously had a slower CPU although never thought of the phone as slow

Soldato
I went from the S20 ultra and despite being a smaller phone by a bit, it feels bigger. I also like the more square corners compared to the rounded ones, that's cause I loved it on my note 9 too

Funny you should say that as my initial feeling on holding the phone was that it's unibody reminded me of the Note 9 ( the rear camera bump aside obviously). Loved the Note 9, mind you I'm a tart when it comes to phones.

Soldato
I can no longer play videos from within photos. The little preview thing works but when I tap the file it doesn't play.

Edit. Restart fixed it. Absolutely hate having Google assist tied to power button.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom